Posts by bobbyodell

...after some major tinkering, I have found thru my 4x12 cab and stereo tube power amp, the Kemp to be the finest piece of gear I have owned. If a mod sees this, will you find the post where I pimped "Product X" and delete it? Cause what I said is just not true. I'm thinking a set of Kones in my 4x12 will round this out cause it just plain sounds INSANE. Thank you, Kemper, I'm sorry I assailed you every time I got frustrated. Thankfully I didnt give up, cause I'd be on the outside looking in if i did. BIG time.

Ok - and you know this how?

I ask because on AMS’s own website - it shows 3 interest free payments next to every Kemper product on the page.

AMS credit department TOLD me, that's how.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Kemper is a brand that we are no longer able to offer our in house financing for purchases. We do have financing available through Affirm for Kemper products. This was changed this spring, by request from Kemper directly. The 200 watt Kemper Kabinet is not currently offered in our inventory, we may end up adding this in the future. The only recommendation that I can make, is to check our site from time to time to see if this has been added.

I'm not saying it wont be, but I cannot stand the sound of that compression that's on EVERYTHING when I play live through Kemper. The HX was the instant gratification I needed when I ran it into a tube amp. It was big, wide open, filled the room up and the modulation effects are awesome. I am keeping my Kemper because, for direct recording, I don't believe there is anything better. That compression is so good, I don't need to do anything to my guitar tracks...they're right there. It didn't surprise me to hear that Mark "King Of Compression" Knopfler used one live, but I don't like enormous amounts of compression live...I hate it. If I ever did bring back Kemper for live use, it would be for high gain leads only. Also, programming HX was instant fun and ease of programming, whereas the Kemper has been a nightmare to program. Those effects settings that I have to apply to profiles sound horrible matched with everything I've tried to match them up with, but the HX effects programs seamlessly without angst and headaches. I don't wanna sit for a year and learn how to program the Kemper, I wanna play, and the HX allows me to do that and do it better than the Kemper would. When Pete Townshend walked into Jim Marshall's shop to buy a Marshall rig, did he sit around for a month learning how to use it? I simply do not like the way the Kemper responds. It sounds great and its a joy to record direct with, but when I plug into it live, an invisible spear pierces my heart and I cannot enjoy playing. With HX, I'm ready to stage dive off the stage, and the people who have all heard the new rig vs the old all agree with me.

I take the opposite view. direct Profiles popping up in Rig Manager unexpectedly is probably the biggest pain in the ass I ever encounter with the Kemper. Unless there was some way to actually search and filter out Direct profiles I would prefer that nobody actually made them ?

But seriously, DI profiles obviously have a use and a user base that do like them. Therefore, we all need to coexist peacefully. That would be made much easier if Kemper could introduce some way of identifying Direct profiles with an option to include/exclude them when browsing.

As that doesn’t seem likely my RM structure is now one big local library with ALL rigs with a cabinet. A sub folder that I never need to open with all rigs without a cabinet. When I load a new rig pack the first thing I do is strip out all the Direct Profiles and archive the, in the Do Not Enter area.

You said it best when you said PAIN IN THE ASS. The Kemper itself is one big PIA. I picked up an HX Stomp XL, ran it into my stereo tube power amp and 4x12 stereo cab and haven't looked back. I clown around with the Kemper every now and record some stuff with it, but not much else.

I run mine stereo into the back end of a Vox Adio Air Gt and I think it sounds great.

Check this out:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's there! The Kemper shines on lead guitar. I think that's it's strongest suit.

Wow, and which one is better or more accurate to you?

When using the headphone out for recording, you would be sending only one stereo cable?. I notice the bigger difference with high gain profiles.

At least in the Stage you can untick the Space effect, which I guess means a complete deactivation.

Thank you guys, I'm quite newbie in terms of connections cause I have always worked direct to the interface using Bias, Amplitube, etc.

yes, one stereo cable into the Audio In of my amp and then a y-splitter and two 1/4” into my Apogee Duet.