Posts by JordanMcC

Cool stuff. What kind of EQ'ing do you do when dialing in a high gain profile? I have trouble dialing in heavier tones, I think it's just because my ears don't really know what to look out for. Usually if I play Dimebag stuff I just get a hot marshall type tone, but there are so many amps/profiles that have that next level but it's harder to EQ for me

For this particular one I just cut under 100Hz and above 8000Hz, but only about -4 db. I thought I had pumped around 5k but I double checked the project file and that was all I decided to do at the time!

I used a profile of a Krank Krankenstein which was one of Dime's signature amps, though I switched off all EQ in the profile so I could do it myself in the DAW.

Personally, I'm not really into the Marshall profiles for straight up metal. I much prefer the likes of Peavey 6505/EVH 5150 or some of the Mesa triple rec tones

Newest cover is up - it's domination!

Featuring my newest guitar, which was a combined gift from my fiancée and my family!

Tones courtesy of my Kemper profiler of course! Using a profile of a Krank Krankenstein from Josh Middleton's packs!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any fans of Mortal Kombat and death metal?? Here's a combination of the two!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey sorry guys, had an issue with the link!

@CN0891, nice playing dude!

Next cover I've done on my project YouTube channel is a track from the French metallers Gojira!

Love it! Nice one dude.

How did you do the drums? I've been debating between my electronic kit ( which I can only play basics) and a drum machine.

Is the wah the Kemper built in one?

Cheers dude!

The drums are midi and programmed by myself. Tones come from the Getgood drums Invasion kit.

The wah is an old dunlop crybaby I've had knocking around that I put in the effects loop of the kemper as I currently don't have a midi control pedal though I plan to get one in the future!

Any Machine Head fans here?

I made a cover of one of my favourite tracks, all tones courtesy of my magnificent profiler!

Hi guys,

I picked up my powered head a few months back in the hope of using it at gigs and rehearsals (damn you covid-19!!)

In the meantime I've decided to start a youtube channel making covers from the ground up and of course, all the guitar/bass tones and coming from my kemper!

I recently uploaded a cover of Metallica's battery, check it out at

External Content youtu.be

Kemper Fi!

Jordan

Hi All,

I have two suggestions for future updates. Firstly, following the previous update where the tuner display changed from sharps to flats I believe it would be more useful to allow users to toggle between using sharps or flats. Personally I find this quite annoying and it's the first update were I wasn't pleased with a change, the flat symbol () wasn't even used but instead the letter b. As sharps were previously used, then the software code has already been written for this, I would just like to see the option to toggle between them, there's even space for an additional option in the tuner menu so it seems perfect to me (using a powered head).

My second suggestion is a "soft start" functionality, to avoid those horrible pops and clicks coming from the cabinet/speakers on start up (and also on shutdown). I'm not sure how achievable this is based on software vs. hardware requirements, but the idea is that on power up and initialisation the volume is automatically set at zero and then gradually scaled up to the previous volume setting automatically after the system is initialised.

Neither of these things are serious issues, more like minor annoyances; but you don't ask, you don't get! ;)