Posts by cartel

Thanks paults and Monkey_Man,

Is it definitely better to profile with two mics (reading a good quality ribbon and Shure 57) is a good way to start)?

The one thing that is stumping me without having tried to do a profile yet of one my own tube amps is, if using two mics, besides making sure they are in phase, is it best (I have a Prism Sound Atlas USB audio interface with really good transparent mic pres) to use one's recording DAW to listen first and blend with some tests before doing actual profile - and then route out "real time" thru the DAW back to the Kemper when doing the actual profiling?

Also, I watched an interesting Youtube post saying the using the SPDIF digital connection is the best way to go - to avoid doing analogue (tube amp speaker) to digital (in one's DAW), and back to analogue to route back to the Kemper. Anyone had good (and relatively easy) experience using the SPDIF connections?

thanks, Carlos

Hi MascoSoundSystem,

Would love to talk shop. I'm a professional harp player with several CDs to my name.

I'm just renting a Kemper modelling amplifier (with built in 600 watt amp) and was looking at your various posts from over 3 years ago. Do you still use your Kemper on stage. Do you have the amp model or just the non amped studio model? I have still to try to do some modelling but after fussing with setting, and changing input stage, etc, finally starting to get some good sounds from a basic Twin set up.

What I'm curious about given the Stack section that defines an amps overall tonality is - when creating a profile, does the Kemper simply (according to the signature of the tube amp's overall sound) simply create a template that has all those stack knobs put into varying degrees of less or more? And THAT is what makes the Kemper's newly created profile sound the way it does? Ie, you can see a screenshot I've attached that shows this from the Rig manager point of view.

- OR -

Is there something else going on that is very specific to a specific profile that shows the Stack knobs set to "0" as the default (after having taken a profile of an amp) whereby the user then tweaks to taste?

thanks, Carlos

Carlos del Junco

[email protected]

carlosdeljunco.com

harmonicapractice.com