Posts by 128c103423e2dcf03499f09d5c579d32cab02bcd

When you load a preset you're just setting the values that preset defines. There is no name associated to the values once loaded in your profiler. And with the Kemper design for presets that name could not logically be persisted.

Think of it this way - if you used presets to build a rig, then post that rig on the Rig Exchange, there would be no way to know if anyone else who might download it has the same preset. Or worse yet, suppose they had the same preset name but had altered their copy to be different. Or even in your own case - suppose you load a preset then make changes in your rig to the values the preset had entered. That means it would no longer be the same preset. So what would the Rig now show?

On the left (darker shade) side of the screen, it would still display the Type of effect in the slot (Vintage Chorus, in this case). So the end user would still know which Type of chorus is being used for the preset. Then the preset name would be displayed on the right (clear) side of the screen.

So no, that doesn't make sense to me in that regard.

However, I do see your point point of potential conflict with identical preset names. But I think there could be a work around there as well.

Such as a flag warning "duplicate preset name, do you want to replace/rename". Or better yet, in that instance, the preset name would be negated altogether and only the Type (again, Vintage Chorus, in this case) would be noted.

I can't see this as being any more of an issue than having duplicate rig names.

Granted, I'm not a software writer nor engineer so all of this may be more hassle than what it's worth.

But in the end, I still find it puzzling (and problematic) to not know which preset is being used on a particular rig.

Exactly. Yeah, it stays visible while you remain on the same rig, but as soon as you open up a different rig, there is seemingly know way to know what preset is being used. That is problematic.

Hey ST.

Yeah I'm referring to the display on the Stage itself, not RM.

Maybe I have something set wrong?

This is what I'm seeing:

These are each different rigs to show that it is a global issue and not rig specific. But both chorus presets are named Troy$.

As you can see, the only name displayed is the Type of chorus (Vintage) that the Preset is saved under.

This is the case with all presets that I have made and saved. Maybe I have done something wrong during the "save" process?

Do you have any sort of Modems, Routers, TV's, PC's/Laptops in close proximity to your Kemper and/or speakers/monitors?

I have experience noise when i set my laptop right beside the Kemper. I have to keep it at least a couple of feet away to be "interference free". Same thing if Kemper is too close to the TV while the TV us on.

Hell, I even get interference if my phone is near my monitors.

Hey guys & gals.

Here is my issue:

I have created a number of Presets saved under Vintage Chorus.

So let's say I like the Chorus Preset that I'm using on "Rig 1" but I have forgotten which Preset it is and would like to try it out on various other Rigs.

But when I open it up (edit) to see which Preset is being used, all that is displayed is Vintage Chorus. It does not display the name I have given to the Preset.

I realize I may (or may not) be able to copy/past the Preset, but it would still be very helpful to know what I'm copying/pasting.

In short, it would be extremely helpful if the Preset Name was displayed when you open up a Stomp/Effect so you know exactly what it is.

If there is a way to make this happen already, please advise.

Thanks!

This also happened to my Stage once. I powered down, unplugged everything, plugged everything back in then powered it back on and haven't experienced it again.

No idea what caused but it's certainly interesting to know I'm not alone.

I know this doesn't help, but thought I'd at least throw my hat in the ring to hopefully bring more attention to this "glitch".

That's one option ST . I have 2 laptops collecting dust in the closet. I know I have to eventually go to Windoze 10, but imagine my grief if I have to reinstall my DAW and 1,000 plugins. ;(;(;(. That's like 1000 days unless I quit guitar.

In the past it has taken me about 2-3 weeks to go from a new OS install to getting all my other programs re-installed. I always hated that.

I dont understand.

I didn't have to reinstall my DAW...or anything else for that matter.

You download Win10 and and it takes over what you already have installed on you laptop/pc.

What am I missing here? I am confused.

Try setting the EQ on your QSC's flat. Don't tailor them to "guitar" as this may essentially give you EQ-ing similar to that of a guitar cab speaker. Therefor, you likely want your Kemper to run into an FRFR with flat EQ.

I use (rather) crappy Mackie Thump 12's at home with the EQ set flat and they sound quite impressive.

That being said, you will be hard pressed to find many profiles that work for you right out of the box.

The majority of profiles, either on Rig Exchange or Commercially made ones, will require some element of tweaking to work and sound good with your particular equipment.

so you have all 4 of your pre-amp effects available and the transpose assigned to the looper? Do you have to lock it? Or can I just click it whenever I want to change the half step tuning?

No. I have the Transpose in preamp slot A.

But I have the toggle assigned to the Looper footswitch so it is not occupying any of the

I-IV footswitches on the Stage.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the only way to use it like you want...but of course it is at the cost of using a preamp slot.

I've got it locked in stomp A, then it stays detuned even when you change rigs. It's worth giving up an effect slot for.

This is how I have mine set up as well (Stage). Additionally, I have Stomp A assigned to the Looper button so I can easily change from standard tuning to Eb whenever needed. I don't use the Looper so that button assignment works best for me.

Because it is locked, it will stay in whichever tuning you have selected, no matter which rig or performance you change to.

(i.e. if it's in Eb, it will stay in Eb throughout any rig and/or performance changes until you switch it back on/off).

I was looking for the same solution that the OP is asking for, and this is the best workaround I've been able to come up with.

Yes, it still occupies a Stomp slot, but with assigning it to the Looper button, I still have the I-IV switches fully available.

If every other piece of gear you have works fine with the Kemper, you should seriously consider just returning the bass. Or at the very least, exchange it for another just to see if the problem persists. Factories turn out duds every day, especially of the lower-end gear.

I'm empathetic to your issues. This truly is a headscratcher.

But IMO, a $200 instrument isn't worth all of the hassle you are experiencing, just return it.