Posts by Rat Tomago

He has some great vids, seems to be a sympathic guy! I was watching some of his Kemper vids and got directed to the video about his FGN strat. I wanted to buy a Fender Strat since i had the Kemper but couldn't decide which one. After his video i went to a local dealer who offers the FGN models, compared some guitars and the Fender strats were forgotten. I'm really happy now with my new FGN Strat, so thanks a lot Dan!

Thanks for your recommendations! I've tried some different models and can't say clearly which is my favorite... Right now i have the Beyerdynamics DT770 and DT880, the Shure SRH840 and the Sennheiser HD25 on my desk. None of these sound bad and all are great for listenig to music, but some have a really great sound with clean and crunchy Sounds but lack at bit at high gain profiles, like the HD25 and SRH840. They seem to compress and whitewash the guitar sound with some profiles.

The DT880 sounds very precise and nice, sometimes a little flat, it seems like a good compromise for my demands! To this point i've tested a lot of headphones and am really surprised how different the headphones sound and how hard it is to decide. And i'm not sure if these more pricy headphones are so much better than the Superlux 681...

Hallo Ingolf!

Die 681 habe ich auch behalten und mir gefallen sie immer besser, grade mit den cleanen und leicht angezerrten Fender und Vox Profiles. Die Marshall Sounds oder generell auch die High Gain Profile kommen mir damit aber ziemlich britzelig vor, was über die Monitore oder die Gitarrenbox garnicht so rüberkommt. Bei den ATH ging es schon mehr in die richtige Richtung, von daher bin ich mal auf die anderen Kopfhörer gespannt, Versuch macht kluch :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've read the headphone threads today and monkey man is right, i have to compare them myself. I think i'll try the Sennheiser HD-25, the Beyerdynamic DT 770 and the Shure SHR 840, they all seem to have many fans in this forum and i'm pretty excited for testing new stuff ;)

Hey!

My name is Moritz, i'm 34, from Germany and i'm a Kemper head user since tuesday. I'm really impressed by the sound of this unit and i use every free minute to play through it! The amount of great sounds is huge and i realized, that i could mark most of the profiles as "favorite" ^^

I use it with my studio monitors most of the time but i also ordered three headphones: Superlux 668, 681 and an Audio Technica ATH50x. The Superlux sound pretty decent, regarding the low price! I like the punch and loudness of the ATH 50x but they appear a little muddy with driven sounds. The Superlux have more clarity but sound a lot thinner than the ATH. It would be great, if i could find a pair of headphones that provide the great sound, coming out of my monitors!

Can anyone recommend some good headphones with the rock n roll of the ATH but a little more transparency?