Posts by BayouTexan

Disclaimer: I used my wife's car today and heard this on "her" radio station. I kind of like it even though it's nothing close to what I usually prefer.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If anything, I wouldn't mind having a little more resistance on my EP-1 pedal. Or maybe I just have a Lead foot. :pinch: I did use to have to stomp them damn roaches back on Bourbon Street. Disgusting little bastards.

Although it is tempting to want to set up hundreds of different rigs and performances to make the most of all the options available, keep it simple until you are really comfortable with it. A single performance with 2 or 3 rigs loaded and maybe some Stomps/FX just like your old tube amps will make it feel more natural and let you concentrate on playing instead of worrying about your rigs.

I like that tip. :thumbup:

Spotted on IG.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Think about getting the subwoofer for the HS7s if you don't have it. That is what I run. It definitely helps me.

I have a sub for my JBL306's and it actually messes me up if I have the crossover on --making me sound like I have adequate low end when I don't. Make sure you turn it off when mixing.

Its something ive wanted to get done for a long time but i just keep putting it off. The whole process for some reason is kinda intimidating not to mention completely alien to me i wouldnt know where to start. Maybe its time i call one of my studio friends and get him to come over and help me out.

You can also reach out to some techs at Sweetwater to get advice on treatment specific to your studio -- for free!

I love Charvel's and I love Orange.......that is a beaut!!

The SD Distortion pups just gravitate to high gain profiles. They have a lot of meat on the bones and also a warmth that I could not get with the SD JB's. They also have some of the growl I was looking for that ProBuckers with a stoptail have. I played it for 6 hours yesterday. I think it's my new number 1. :)

I added a high cut shelf and a 4db cut at 5K, so sounds pretty good to me except heavy on the low end.

External Content soundcloud.com

Same EQ cuts as above but plugged in the Waves Double Tracker which I adore. Sounds killer even with the heavy low end! 8o

Here is your original.