Posts by BayouTexan

Thanks Monkey_Man and BayouTexan !

Not sure what a creepy lead is. The bass profiles are the standard ones in the Kemper Bass Profiles pack, the ST Bassman profiles mostly. I use a Pultec style EQ to control the low end how I want in the mix. Same process I detailed in the past.

I just downloaded the Rare P EQ to try.

Creepy means like a ghostly ambient lead. i.e - very moody. :)

Nice creepy lead.

Per, are you using regular guitar profiles for bass or specific bass profiles? If I use bass profiles, I have to use a huge low cut even when I am on the bridge pickup of may bass.

Great! 8) .. and the manual says:

"Activate “Direct Monitoring” if you prefer to monitor the PROFILER output signal without the latency of the DAW. In this case, mute the active track while recording in the DAW to avoid monitoring the signal twice."

.. but where and how to "Activate “Direct Monitoring” ? .. do you mean: "Activate “Direct Monitoring in your DAW" ? .. and if so.. how to do that in i Studio One? :/

Thank you in advance :)

Check the box in the USB Audio Interface page in Output menu.

I have to agree! When you're recording guitar, plug your headphones into the Kemper = no latency.

The problem with that is you can't play to any plugins and/or adjust your technique in response to those plugins. I've never found direct monitoring to be useful. Simple use latency compensation in your DAW for a tight experience.

Thanks Mats!

Currently, I record guitar to a basic drum track then add the drum fills then add the bass, and then add a solo last. I was more concerned with balancing the instruments than anything else. The arpeggiated part was cut and redone when my trigger finger co-operated. Bass is totally not fun with trigger finger. I made the second take of the intro riff more aggressive for the lead into the solo start because I thought that's how is should be.

I'm going to give myself till November before really putting out quality demo mixes.

I agree. I had increased the bass volume on version 2, but I'm still behind. Thanks Mats!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was wondering whether it would be an issue for Kemper.

I've had some experience with company warranties before. Usually, if the product is still in warranty, any repair done by a non-licensed or non-authorized company can void the warranty. After the warranty period is over then it doesn't matter who fixes it because the manufacturers legal responsibility is over (with exception such as negligence, safety issues, etc.). It's just that a repair company cannot brand itself as a "licensed" or "authorized" repair without permission of the manufacturer, but can still advertise as a specific make and model repair shop.

So, "My shop repairs Kemper products" is okay as long as you don't say "I am a "certified", "licensed", or "authorized" repair shop without manufacturers' consent.

As to advertising on this site then that's up to Kemper, but he is free to advertise anywhere else.

Your latency at 64 would be about 1.5ms which is like playing just 2 feet from a drummer or cab. This would be ideal. Using the Kemper interface and ASIO4All driver, I cannot go lower than 144 buffer size without degradation of the signal. Having a high latency with a low buffer of 64 does not make sense. Can you give more details about your settings?

Yes….I’ve already been looking into that. In fact it was on the first list of interesting audio interfaces. But eventually the volume dial and how it works, unfortunately turned me away from it and pushed me towards RME.

You have a Motu UI to handle all that. No need to touch it after the first hookup.