Posts by guitarchiq

I know there's there's the manual and the YouTube videos but has anyone made a one page cheat sheet of the most common things people need to do on a Kemper?

Like maybe on a PDF or some other single page easy to look at material?

Kind of like in college when you go into the bookstore and they have these one page laminated cheat sheets of formulas or chemistry looking molecules that they sell for $2. Or those guitar chord posters.

Does this already exist or has anyone here privately made one for their own personal use? I mean this is something id actually, and I think others, would pay for?

1) Hit store button
    2) look at the options at the top of the screen. Hit the corresponding button over “store as”
    3) edit profile name if desired
    4) hit store again

when you do this, is all the effects and stomps saved in the stored rig/profile as well?

I've had my Sweetwater "sale's engineer" for years also and I wish they would change me. The guy chooses a headshot photo where he looks like Hitler, with the haircut and stache. Like WTF.

I always call the mainline to avoid his ass but they always try connect me back to him, ugh

I've got $10,000 worth of product in my cart, and he's like "the best I can do is 50 bucks off".

Meanwhile, guitar center has ALWAYS treated me well

Sweetwater returns are Zero costs. You just drop off at a nearby UPS with prepaid label they email to you. Same as driving to return to a local store. GC does not offer a free replacement warranty for 2 years. And the staff don't have a clue about the products they sell. I use GC to pick up strings if I need them the same day but they push EB's and I like GHS which they have not been carrying lately.

That's not true. If the reason is for something that's not their fault you pay for return shipping.

For example if you don't like how something sounds and you return it for just that reason you pay

In the Kemper Profiler Player promo material, theres a section under "for acoustic guitar players" that says:

"FOR ACOUSTIC GUITAR PLAYERS:

Use dedicated acoustic PROFILEs to tame the piezo pickups of your acoustic guitars.

Season to taste with KEMPER’s studio-grade reverbs for an immersive sound."

I'm curious as to what profiles its talking about. I've got a Kemper Toaster and Ive never seen any acoustic profiles that tame the piezos. Am I missing something, or is this a new feature specifically in the Player model?

It actually means he is not recording an acoustic guitar at all. He is trying to approximate a real acoustic guitar by using an electric guitar plugged into the Kemper to simlulate what you are trying to do with an actual acoustic. We are all free to try what we want, but his comments have almost nothing to do with your question.

i see that now, i was confused. Yes, Bayou, im recording an actual acoustic guitar, not approximating one with an electric

this isn't really making sense. if you clone the track twice into new tracks and pan them L/R you end up with the identical mono track that you cloned. Are you saying you'll apply reverb to one track (L), and then a delay, or perhaps a separate reverb with different settings to the other track (R)?

also, in regards to having a dry track in addition to the wet track, wouldnt this be the same as adjusting how much you are sending to the return track with your effect on?

Depends on the type of sound you are after, but I would not rely on any pickup system to record an acoustic. We are talking about strictly recording, correct? I would use a pickup system live but not to record. My goal is to capture the acoustic nature of the instrument and pickup systems get in the way of that.

For me it is about mic placement. I tend to place a mic somewhere in the area between the soundhole and the 12th fret. Small changes make a big difference. I have had success with dynamic, condensor and ribbon mics.

I see no reason to involve the Kemper in the recording of a tradiional acoustic guitar.

okay gotcha, yeah I am stereo mic'ing the guitar between the soundhole and the 12th fret. I just thought adding the kemper into the equation, with the levels way down, so its not that artifcial pickup sound, would give it an even fatter or "bigger" studio sound.

Is this for recording? TBH I would always record an acoustic with 1 or 2 mics, preferably small diaphragm condensers, then apply any stereo effects downstream, but you can do some cool stuff by recording the mag pickup through the Kemper.

The mic quality, placement, room, and technique are the big ones, then add the sprinkles, rather than trying to use sprinkles to cover up issues upstream.

Yes, this is for recording. interesting tip, so what you are saying is, the signal from the kemper, you only record the FX signal (no dry tone), and then mix with the signal from the stereo mic?

so right now im micing in stereo, my acoustic into the DAW on one track, and then i have a pickup system, going from my acoustic into the kemper, using a random acoustic profile i found on rig manager, into my DAW on another track. I'm lowering the track from the kemper by a lot, im kind of using that as another source of tone.

it sounds pretty good but anybody have any tips or techniques they would like to share? I would be forever grateful.

Hi everybody,

I am trying to record into Ableton using the USB connection from my Kemper.

I've got Ableton's audio source set to "Profiler" and I can hear the kemper come through my monitors. However, the volume of the source coming from the Kemper is super low.

I've got some samples loaded in that I got off of Splice and it completely overpowers what the Kemper is giving me. I can crank "Rig Volume" all the way to the top but it seems to make Ableton clip. If I turn the Master Volume there is no effect, it seems to be locked into the highest setting, it just says Main Volume is locked to [0.0db].

Is this a case of just turning down the volume of the tracks that have the splice samples on?