Posts by guitarchiq

I'm using two balanced quarter inch TRS cables, not XLR. So where you drew those orange lines, I used the ones to the right of those. The orange button is not depressed.

The cables are then going to the input of a peavey mixer. And then mixer monitor output is going to the the Adam A5x input.

What didnt you like about it?

I received mine on Friday, and it SUCKED. it sounded terrible. like disgusting. I was going to sell it. Every rig sounded super fuzzy and fake as hell. (running through monitors)

I picked up a Kemper Kabinet on yesterday, I updated the OS. Did a shit load of tweaking, reading and watching the videos. and Now i think it actually sounds pretty good.

Ah, right on! Thank you for your patience, just got the kemper on Friday and still learning it all.

Specifically when he comes in at the A major chord at 56 seconds, directly linked below.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anybody have any tips on what this tone even is, or how to dial it in on a kemper?

I am playing on a PRS Silver Sky and Chris' guitar in the performance is a Fender Jazzmaster (I think).

This is a close up ( I think ), of his amp.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/cshe14Z.png]

I've been fiddling with the settings all night and I can't seem to have sound come out of the cabinet and the monitor speakers at the same time.

My previous amp had stereo and had two speakers and it sounded really lush. So I want to run sound from my cabinet and also monitor speakers at the same time to get that same lushness.

I have the camper kabinet connected to the speaker out on the Kemper powerhead. And I have monitors connected to the "main output" L and R.

No matter what I do, I only get either the sound coming from only the Kabinet, or a mix of sound from the Kabinet and only the delay mix/effect coming from the monitors.

I don't know why this is because I do not have delay turned on at all.

When I light touch some of the buttons, for example the 'amplifier' button they light up but nothing happens on the screen.

When I hard push the button the menu for amplifier comes up.

I can't find any documentation that claims the buttons are touch sensitive, do I have a defective unit?

I feel like sometimes when I push the buttons different things happen when I'm pushing the same button

Profiler is not that complicated. Just go over system/rig/input/output sections, page by page with Manual at hand, understanding what each option is doing and after 30 minutes you'll know profiler fairly well.

If you still want to reset everything to factory state, you can still keep the profiles: use Rig Manager software to copy them out to your computer, perform reset, and copy profiles back. This would work, but you'll probably gain more just by devoting these 30 minutes to learning how Profiler works and adjusting it for your needs, if necessary.

Right on, great advice. This is exactly what I'll do!

So! My Kemper is coming in the mail today, the previous owner said that he has a bunch of profiles on there that he has been using (and probably paid for).

I'm wondering though, whether I should do a reset of the amp or if I should just run it as is. I've searched online and some people recommend doing a factory reset in case the original owner changed a whole bunch of settings. But at the same time, it would be a shame to lose all the profiles the person has already paid for.

What do ya'll think? Whats the best thing to do? Is there a way to do a factory reset without losing profiles?

That's actually a pretty critical insight. So, the profile is not a profile of an entire amp and all the sounds it makes.

It's only a profile of that amp at whatever time settings it had at the time. Any "tweaking" done on the Kemper, such as adjusting the mid, treble, high ,gain, is done digitally, using a software implementation by the Kemper. Is this correct?

If you can handle a sensible amp (like Two Rock) you will be able to handle a two rock profile within the KPA and I am pretty sure you will be happy.

This is good to know because I am not into the high game, metal stuff. I am solely looking for clean tones, two rock, dumble etc

It seems like a lot of the people that don't like the Kemper play metal as far as I can tell, so maybe it doesn't do Mesa brutal as well as the types of amps I love. If I was a gigging metal player I'd just get the tube amp that has the right high gain sound for me.

That's reassuring to hear because I'm not into metal at all! More into the John mayer, Leon bridge, Michael Kiwanuka vibe

It's a pretty big investment for me but I'm down to take the jump. I just want to make sure its the best choice for me.

I'm exploring the Kemper because I don't know what I want to play through. There are so many different amps.... it never ends. My initial thoughts are that this amp would be able to be a chameleon and I would not have any FOMO.

I also want to do some recording in the future.

However, for the price of a Kemper I could get something like an actual Two Rock. I've heard a lot of people say, "you get out what you put in", and that the stock profiles suck and you have to either buy profiles or do them yourself, or really start tweaking.

My thing is that I don't own any amps, so I will solely be buying profiles. I've heard the Britt profiles are awesome, among some others. If I'm buying professional profiles, is there still a possibility I'll be disappointed? How much more tweaking is there to do on top of a professional profile? Do I still need to tweak a Britt profile if I buy it?

I see a lot of posts saying they will never own another amp, and then I see some other posts saying they are so disappointed. Just want to get some more clarity. Who are these people who say that the amp sounds terrible? are they doing something wrong or is there indeed something about a kemper that doesnt sound right?

On the other side, I don't like to play loud. I live in an apartment and although, I could buy a Two Rock 22 for the price of a Kemper, I think a 22 watt tube Two Rock would still be way too loud. Whereas the Kemper would be able to handle the low noise sounds much better also.

Also, I don't know what the alternative is. I have serious indecision problems and there are so many different amps.

Im considering a Power Head + Kabinet set up.