Posts by prolixuk

Yep, I do this from time to time when reamping some vocal tracks. I use some of the great profiles from Downfall Studio on the RigExchange which are made from Neve 1073, Avalon, UAD preamps. Those serve pretty well to thicken the track and add effects to it. Which I have in my DAW as well but sometimes the Kemper gives something special to it. Naturally when it comes to some distortion on the vocals you have the greatest selection of cool break up and overdrives with the great machine.

And by the way I use it not only for guitars, basses and vocals but as well on other non-string instruments in the same way as described above.

Hey man do you just mic straight into the front input?

Hi guys I have already searched on here for an answer so apologies if this has already been covered or is a dumb question!

I was wondering if the unit can be used as a mic recording preamp/signal chain. Ie could you load a profile of a signal being sent through a preamp/channel strip etc. I know you wouldnt have the controls over the signal but maybe being able to get the tone would be possible?

Just trying to work out other uses for this otherwise amazing box.

Thanks!