Posts by laco65

The feature when holding the footswitch bank up or down is a very good thing. I like it in principle. But I would welcome a better setup. The time it takes to hold the footswitch until it runs up (or down) is too long. Half the time would be quite sufficient. Also the final max speed is too high. I can't reliably stop at the bank I want anymore because I don't have time to react.

It would be great if KEMPER would tweak this further. ( Shorten the reaction time and reduce the acceleration of the running speed )

What do you guys have similar experience with this as well?

P.S. One more thing. I don't want to start a new thread for this so I'll at least post it here.

I want to thank Kemper repair center.

I recently had my Kemper Stage in for repairs. I have to boast that I am 100% satisfied with how it went. The guys were very helpful, accommodating. The communication and the repair itself all went to my absolute satisfaction. :) Thumbs up.

We can proceed in a support ticket. I think, this is a very specific case. And if my suspicion is right, we need to see your unit.

I'd send it in for repair right away. But I work(play) 5-6 days a week and live in the Canary Islands. It would take a very long time to get it back from repair. I already sold the old equipment. I can't stay that long without an effect. When I have a holiday I'll try to organise it. How long would the repair take?

Yesterday, the Kemper started up again with the volume turned down. I restarted it on purpose - it didn't help. I turned on the iPad. I turned the -12dB Pad on and off in RM and the volume jumped to normal. A faint peeling in the speakers could also be heard.

I have the latest OS in both Kemper Stage and RM for macOS. I'll tell you the exact number tomorrow because I left Kemper in the practice room. I don't know if the drop is exactly 6dB but it is always the same. If I add 6dB of volume the output level is about the same as normal.

I bought the Kemper new. Reading your replies, I'm beginning to think that the switching problem may just be in my piece. Maybe I have some hidden fault in the switching circuits in the Kemper from the beginning. I actually found out a strange thing tonight. I have a broken first footswitch, it doesn't work at all. But after turning on the Kemper, it switches once and then stays dead. This proves that it is not the switch itself that is faulty, but the electronics associated with it. The Kemper does not use direct mechanical switches ( see attached link). Maybe all these switching problems when changing performance are caused by faulty electronics in the switching circuits...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, the problem is real. I have checked all the settings X times. The problem also affects the monitor output. I tried the -12dB Pad trick multiple times this morning to see if it works reliably. I found that it works not always. In 80% of cases it helps but not always.

I also tried turning on the unit without the volume pedal plugged in and plugging it in afterwards. Didn't help. Tried the cables, went through all the settings X times, tried turning off both RM and wifi in Kemper Stage...

It's weird to the point of illogical, it seems that way to me myself. But it's true.

To explain. I'm a technician. In the 80-90's I built tube amps, effects pedals like distortions, compressor, eq... all analog. I'm not well versed in digital engineering and programming, but otherwise I'm right at home in electrical engineering.

I'm already thinking it may be an actual physical malfunction as well. For example, a microscopic cold junction on the output circuits, etc. I've encountered something like this a couple of times and it behave erratically. Even a step change in current when switching a -12dB Pad could cause it to resume normal junction function sometimes...

My opinion on the Kemper after two years of use.

PROS:

1. If you learn how to use it, you can get a very good professional sound out of it.

2. The footswitching options are very good and suitable for live gigs.

3. The quality of the dig. effects is at a very good professional level

4. The KEMPER + KEMPER CAB combination works very well. (Kemper with and without the Cab is like a night and day)

4. High quality sturdy metal construction

CONS:

1. Bugs, bugs and more bugs.

In two years, I have not gone a week without a problem with my computer software or firmware. (I have a Kemper Stage and an iMac)

There is a persistent bug that I have had for over half a year. I even wrote about it in another post and found that other users have it as well. When switching from one show to another, I always have to switch to the first footswitch, otherwise I get a different sound (rig) than programmed. This happens very often - about 30% of the time I get a different rig sound if I use footswitches 2 to 5 directly when switching to another performance. That's why I always switch to the first footswitch first and then to the one I need. BUT FOR 3 WEEKS NOW THE FIRST FOOTSWITCH IS COMPLETELY NON-FUNCTIONAL!

2. DISPLAY.

The display is small. The readability of the diplay in light conditions during live gigs is just poor. Poor contrast and also poor viewing angle. This may have been fine 10-12 years ago, but not today.

3. FOOTSWITCHES.

Maybe it's just my Kemper, but after a year my switches started to skip. Sometimes they just wouldn't switch and I had to press them again. Now after two years of use, my first footswitch doesn't work at all, and sometimes I have to press the third and fourth one multiple times before the rig will switch. This is unacceptable for a professional device in this price range!

Therefore, I rate MY KEMPER as both the best and the WORST purchase.

The reliability of the KEMPER kit (at least mine) is simply inadequate for a professional device.

And the KEMPER team doesn't even respond to some of the bugs that users report. They react as if someone on the forum is making up bugs just for fun. As if they don't even exist (those bugs).

I am a professional musician,have been on stage for 30 years, now play 5-6 gigs a week and can't afford to use such unreliable equipment....

Does anyone else have a similar experience as me? Or have just I been unlucky and stumbled across just such a malfunctioning piece...?

P.S. Yesterday when I switched to another rig, the sound dropped out. I had to restart the kemper. The band stood on stage for about 2 minutes of silence... This bug has been here once before and has supposedly been fixed. Apparently but probably not completely...

Hi, guys. I have finally managed to fix the volume down condition. It also proves that it is clearly a bug.

When the volume is reduced I have to open the output settings (I do it via iPad), activate the -12dB Pad and then turn it off again. Then the normal output volume kicks in. This problem is very irregular. It didn't happen for a few days and then suddenly two times in a row...

The problem is general. If it occurs, it occurs immediately after power-on and lasts until the next reboot. It is not related to Rigs or effects. I have also found that it does this even with the volume pedal disconnected. So I'm now more or less sure it's some software bug. In fact, it never occurred before. It's only been occurring for a few months. It took me long time to identify it. It doesn't do it very often. At first I thought it was some cable or pedal...

The output volume is different after each restart. Sometimes it is normal and sometimes it is lower by an estimated -6 dB. This is true for both Main and Monitor outputs.

I use the Mission Eng volume pedal. EP1 set to global.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Hello, everybody.

I have found that when modifying a purchased Rig the output EQ is very effective. As a rule, I get a better result with it than with the EQ in the Amp module. And especially faster and easier.

I have tried to emulate this with EQ modules at the end of the chain, but the result is not as good as with the output EQ.

Unfortunately I can't save the output EQ individually on each Rig. That's why it's unusable for live performance. My suggestion for the Kemper team : Would it be possible to make the output EQ programmable with the option to select the locked/unlocked setting (like the Volume pedal )?

What do you guys think ? Would this be useful for you ? Does anyone also have similar experience ?

I worked out my issue. I uninstalled Rig Manager. Reinstalled it - and rebooted my Kemper ...................then realized that I had inadvertently kicked my volume pedal down at some point. The fix was .....realizing that I was an idiot. Lol !!! I've been playing WAY too long to make such a rookie mistake.

Since I wasted everyone's time, I figured I would give you the opportunity to laugh at me. Thank you for taking the time to help. I'm going to go hide now. 8o

shit can happen... Don't worry, be happy:thumbup:

In My Profiler. I do not using nothing from Rig Exchange...

Are you trying to rename something in My Profiler or Local Library sections? You can't rename anything in Rig Exchange or Rig Packs. And if in Local Library or My Profiler, you're trying to edit here, in the upper right of RM?