Posts by kronosalpha1978

I use a mayones regius 7 gothic monolith with bareknuckle juggernaughts,and use a focusrite solo. I spoke to kemper team and they told me to do a reset,and so i did,but the problem is still there. I am not the first to report this problem as i have seen many others reporting on this same issue.

One day its fine and then the next day you turn it on it has changed.This is not really acceptable for a device that costs so much.I could be wrong,it might be that my guitar is at fault,but i will not know until the covid lockdown comes to an end.

The sound is hollow,brittle with no punch at all,i am totally confused.

maybe my guitar has some unseen problem in wiring somewhere.worse time to happen during lockdown.In great britain we are on another 3 month national lockdown so everthing apart from food shops are closed.

no,i have not clicked cab button to off and my guitar cable is brand new.Low cut hasnt been touched either.

I have tested headphones direct into kemper and the sound is no different,this happened out of the blue the other day when i turned it on.

I have not tried a factory reset yet,will try that today.I have noticed that there are other people that are getting similar problems with sound,it is not very good that everytime you turn on the kemper you are in fear of it randomly deciding to change the sound.

Today when i turned my kemper on all the profiles sound tinny without and bass at all,and this just happened out of the blue without changing any settings.

I thought it was my interface and so plugged direct into kemper and got the same problem.I also checked the guitars wiring and made sure the pickups still had a magnetic charge,and all was fine.i have not touched a single thing ans so this is very weird,please please help someone.

I noticed mine sounded different when through audio interface, it was not the same as phones direct into kemper.

I went into output settings and found out that space setting was only set for headphones and not other outputs,so i unchecked it and now sounds so much better.

I know it doesnt sound like shit,through headphones it is amazing.

I think it is an issue with the interface or monitors defo not the kemper.

Music tracks sound good through the monitors though,will defo have a look at the manual now.

went to test kemper out today through monitors and cable connectors were too big,so another spanner lol.

Hooked them up using interface instead and boy oh boy was the sound total shit,no different then when i was using vsts.

Tinny,brittle,hollow,no thump from bass notes at all.

I had a look at the output section on kemper and there wasnt any setting to go stereo,only mono.

Either my interface is a pile of crap or my monitors are,can only play through headphones from now on and it sounds great like that.

I am so gutted as buying all this gear cost me an arm and a leg.

Tried talking to the people i bought all the gear from and they just say sorry to hear you are unhappy without giving any help at all.

I think i am gonna have to pay someone to come around to mine and help me,i waited so long to get all this stuff and was so excited, so gutted.

lol my glorious sound through rig manager was just my headphones plugged into kemper and testing different rigs not recording in anyway.

When listening through phones direct into kemper the sound is loud and full but as soon as i go via interface i have to turn the volume to max to get anything slightly near it and the sound goes a little muffled.I will get this sorted out eventually,i am new to all this stuff.

Thanks to all that have helped me so far.

empires of light sound really good, my cup of tea.

here are the specs of my monitors

Specifications

• Monitor Type: 2-Way Near-Field Studio Reference Monitor
    • Low Frequency Driver: 8'' (203mm) Kevlar Curved Cone with High Temperature Voice Coil & Damped Rubber Surround. Magnetically Shielded
    • High Frequency Driver: 1.25'' (32mm) Magnetically Shielded Natural Silk Dome
    • Frequency Response: 37Hz - 22kHz
    • Crossover Frequency: 1.9kHz
    • Low Frequency Amplifier Power: 85W
    • High Frequency Amplifier Power: 75W
    • Maximum Peak SPL: 110dB
    • Input Sensitivity: 85mV Pink Noise Input Produces 96dBA Output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
    • Input Connectors: 1 x XLR Balanced / 1 x TRS Balanced/Unbalanced
    • Input Impedance: 10kOhm Balanced / 20kOhm Unbalanced
    • Polarity: Positive Signal at + Input Produce Outward Low Frequency Cone Displacement
    • Protection: RF Interference / Output Current Limiting / Over Temperature / Turn On/Off Transient / Subsonic Filter / External Mains Fuse
    • Voltage: 100 - 120V, 50/60Hz / 220 - 240V, 50/60Hz
    • Power Consumption: 150W
    • Fuse: 100 - 120V: T2AL 250V / 220 - 240V: T1AL 250V
    • Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated High-Acoustic-Efficiency MDF
    • Dimensions (W x D x H): 9.8'' x 11.9'' x 15.1'' / 250mm x 302mm x 384mm
    • Weight: 23.1lbs / 10.5kg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

alot to learn but i will get there,i appreciate the help you are giving me.

I got the monitors due to sound guy saying that they are cheap but better then say the rokits for mixing as they are flat response monitors also from seeing the video in the link above.

regular music sounds fine through them though,i will check and adjust the volumes etc.

acoustic treatment lol i wish.

will check them out thanks.

using vsts straight into monitors from interface sounded terrible, tinny, thin and empty,i hope the kemper sounds good through them,will check after gym in the morning.