Posts by JEverly

Maybe he changed his mind....in the past 3 and a half years... ;)

Quite possible. I failed to look to see how old the original post was... DOH!

An interesting thing is that I have started asking people for more details when they say things like this. I own both units so I know how they sound. Most people have no answer to it. They are just repeating something the saw someone else post.

I am fully convinced that KEMPER is the best digital copy of the sound of tube amplifiers existing in the world today. However, the FX unit is not so good compared to Fractal Audio.

What exactly are you referring to with this statement? I own both Kemper and Fractal products. I like the Kemper better for the sound and feel. It is much more like the real amp than the Fractal products are, IMHO. I see people make this statement all the time about how Fractal has far superior effects. I would not agree with this. The only thing Fractal has in the effects category over the Kemper is they have some effects that Kemper doesn't have. For the effects they both have, I think they are on par with each other.

The Van Damme cable is readily available and isn’t particularly expensive so I would just buy a few metres and some Neutrik 1/4” TS plugs and solder up my own.

In the US? I have not seen it available here. I have no issues soldering up my own cables. I made all of the cables on all of my pedal boards. I have been doing that for years.

If I could, I'd bet you money in a blind test you couldn't tell the difference between your cables and my $175.00 G10 wireless system.

If I lost, you should donate your ears to science.

Since I am able to tell the difference between the PRS cables and my $450 Shure digital wireless system, you would lose that bet. Don't get me wrong. I like my wireless. I have not plugged in one of my Sennheiser wirelesses to test it but I would expect the same result.

That video deserves a repost. I will be looking into one of them.

Here is his latest video on it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In a blind test?

If this was meant for me, absolutely. The reaction to volume knob changes alone and the high end response are very noticeable.

2 cables for $150? We already have an active snake oil thread... ;)

They are PRS cables made by Van Damme Cables. They are a low capacitance cable. I bought an 18' and a 25'. They are on sale through the end of the year. I can honestly hear and feel a difference.

Maybe they spent almost every dime they saved all summer to buy a Kemper and didn't have a lot leftover. Not everyone is made of money.

If that were the case for me, I would use a cable until I could afford a good unit. Honestly, after all of my years of using wireless units, I am starting to go back to cables. I have invested in a couple of high end cables and really like the response the are giving me. I think I got both cables for around $150.

Completely unscientific full mix comparison:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That is as I suspected. I don't like the first one nearly as much in a mix. I think the others sounded more forward in the mix due to the midrange. I like the first and last the best in the first recording. I think I liked the second the best and the third next best in the mix. They all sound good. I think we are kind of splitting hairs at this point but to me, the midrange is where all of the magic happens and I can hear some clear differences in them, although minor. A slight EQ tweak would probably level the playing field of all of them.

sounds like a great plan. maybe we should post that info here so everyone doesn't have the go look up those frequencies. would probably get a health debate going. :P

I like the Celestion Creamback speakers. Here are the responses.

Creamback 65 75Hz - 5kHz

Creamback 75 70Hz - 5kHz

These are the two speakers I use with my Friedman Twin Sister amp. I am using profiles of a Friedman Dirty Shirley with these. The Twin Sister is a two channel amp that has two Dirty Shirley circuits in it.

I have a Fender Rarities Tele. These are great guitar. To me, they are right up there with some custom shop guitars I have checked out in the past. I almost bought a custom shop Tele at a guitar show once. It was not a relic. The Rarities Tele I have is built every bit as well as that custom shop guitar was.

By itself, I liked the first one the best. I am betting that won't sound as good in a mix as the last one though. The ones with more midrange are going to do better in a mix. Good metal tones though.

It sometimes amazes me that people will spend a grand or more for the KPA and then ask about "cheap as chips" equipment - really? :D ;(

Agreed. Your rig is only as good as the weakest link, which is typically what you spend the least money on.

where are you setting the high and low cuts? in the OUTPUT page? I set those global HI and low cuts to about 7k and 90hz

The output is where I have done it. As mentioned, it is in the cab block now, where it really should be.

For example a Celestion Creamback has a frequency response of 75Hz to 5KHz. So going as high and low as you have will let through more low and top end than the real Creamback speaker would produce.

I tend to set high and low cuts at the frequency responses of the real speaker you are using. These units can produce frequencies that a guitar speaker cannot produce. When using an FRFR, you get everything it is capable of producing. If you cut it down to what the real speaker produces it helps a lot IMHO. You can find the frequency responses on the speaker manufacturer's web site.

You must have more rigid requirements than tons of professional artists. I can't tell you how many gold and platinum selling artists I've seen using the Line 6 G50. LOTS of them. Many have been using it for quite a few years so I doubt it is junk.

I am very demanding of my wireless units. I never said any specific unit was junk. All I said was that I personally will not buy anything not made by Sennheiser or Shure.

I have had a decent number of guys ask me what I am using because they have not seen me have any issues with the units I use. Many of those guys have moved over to the same units I use and they have thanked me for the recommendation because they just work. They cost more but I feel you get a better performing unit for the money.

I love this song/songs. Way back in the day there was a cover band that played in a bar near me that had all sorts of live entertainment that played these songs. I knew the keyboard player in the band. The bass player sung the song and nailed it. They nailed it overall. Some great writing and performing.

I don't have any experience with the exact unit but I have been using wireless units for decades. I will not buy anything that isn't made by Sennheiser or Shure. Both of these brands have held up for me very well over many uses. I also tend to not buy the cheapest ones they make. IMHO, you really do get what you pay for with a wireless unit. I currently own units of both brands I mentioned. I use the digital as well as analog units and have zero issues. If I were buying a new unit today, I would buy the updated Shure GLX-D+ unit. I am still using the OG version and it just works. The new one is a dual band so you get distance and performance. I really don't experience latency with the ones I have used.