Posts by JEverly

My Sweetwater rep is Mike Godlove. He is pretty knowledgeable. I would contact him if you want to be able to ask questions to someone that can give you some information over the phone. Certain frequencies usually work better in specific areas. I know Shure used to have the regions listed on their web site years ago to assist with selecting the one for your area.

Yeah, it does.

The example I posted was with the gate at 0 / off.

The weird part is that it'll come and go and I can't figure out if there is any pattern. This morning I fired up the kemper, same profile, signal chain, and it's totally clean. Yesterday I couldn't get it to go away for most of the day, even after multiple resets / power cycles.

I wonder if it is interference coming in through your power somehow? Maybe fluorescent lighting or some sort of transformer that is near a cable or power cord? The fact that it comes and goes is what is leading me down that road.

That is definitely strange. It sound like it could be either some fret buzz that is getting into the pickups or a slightly over driven signal within your recording chain. That is just a first thought. Of course, there are probably many other things that it could be.

I just listened to it again and had another thought. It also sounds like it could be some hum, like a 60 cycle hum that is in your signal chain that comes through when the guitar sound comes through. Do you have a gate in the track? If you do, turn the gate off and see if you have a hum.

I had a similar issue on the Stage but a reboot fixed it. It did it again and another reboot fixed it. One thing I started doing is to save the performance to my local library then initialize the slot where it existed. Then copy the one I wanted there to that slot then save. That worked for me.

I tried profiling my Plexi Synergy module, and found that it seems to not like high gain sounds. It seems like this happens on any profiles over a Kemper gain level of 5 or 6. Below that threshold, the profile goes through fine. I will be running more tests in the coming days, and will update this thread with my findings.

I have been experiencing this with tones above 5 or so gain on the Kemper as well. I had a pedal in line when I had the issue so I am going to pull out a different amp and profile it with some gain dialed up in the amp itself to see if it does the same thing. If it does, I will be starting up a thread about what I am getting for results with more gain. All of my lower and no gain profiles sound good.

You can rename in RM and it is super easy. I have never had a problem with although I have had the issue the OP mentioned where the name looked wrong and looked like it had overwritten something by mistake but this has always been fixed by restarting RM to force it to sync properly.

If you are unable to get RM to rename and need to do it on the profiler plug a USB keyboard into the back of the Profiler and just type the name into to the Profiler directly. It's a lot quicker and less effort than twirling the knob to find the right letter.

That is basically what I am doing by pulling the USB cable. It forces a refresh of the connection to the profiler from the computer. It seems that may be a bit common.

I never thought of plugging in a USB keyboard to the profiler and using that to type the name. That is a fantastic idea. That is the second really good idea I have picked up today from the forum.

Hi,

Also did happen to me.. on performance mode over right amps with other performance amps, changed alone the name of some rig performances, with this last upgrade my kemper became so slow... :( Not very happy indeed

Mine looked like they were overwriting but after pulling the USB cable out and putting it back in and letting the Kemper reconnect I could see they were not overwritten. It seems to be more of a display synchronization issue for me.

I just did some profiling about a week ago. I had a lot of issues with rig manager showing incorrect names and data in the fields. I kept unplugging the USB cable and letting my Kemper reconnect then it would show the correct names that I had typed in. That was happening to me a lot.

That they haven't changed their hardware in a decade, support it for free and continue with (effectively) 100% feature parity when compared to the new stuff (Stage). That is totally unheard of. It still blows my mind that you can take a first-run KPA Toaster from 2011, update it to the latest OS and it has the *identical* features as one built this morning.

That a light or button becomes redundant as the OS evolves is a minor niggle, if that.

This is a huge thing IMHO. I think people forget this. I bought an Axe FX Ultra (I still have it but don't use it) and would never buy another product from them again. I was very unhappy at how fast they abandoned it for the Axe FXII. At 2K per unit, I don't want to have to buy a new one of those every few years. The fact that Kemper still supports the original hardware is one reason I bought the Kemper Stage. I have much more admiration for a company that cares and stands by their customers instead of throwing them to the side and just offers the newest unit as an answer.

Yeah. Or a simple ifdef statement in the code. Not rocket science.

It honestly may not be that easy. When an application gets many subroutines in it there can be tentacles in all sorts of directions that could have issues from adding one little IF statement. There is significant value to a company if they can maintain just one codebase. It keeps costs down as well as bugs.

I did a little price checking yesterday. You can buy the latest version of the iPad with 128GB of space for $395.00 from Wal-Mart online. At least I know which one I will buy when I feel the need. I will wait until I feel that I really need it so if they release a new version between now and then I will get the latest version still.

I have been running a Shure GLDX16 for around 5 years gigging with it all around my area. I have had no issues with it at all. I also have a Sennheizer EW (analog) that I have had for a little longer than the Shure. I have had no issues with it either. This is actually my second of these units. I ran the first one until it died. It lasted me about 10 years. I purposely bought one of them in analog and the other in digital because for a while I ran them both at the same time. I ran one for my acoustic sound and the other for my electric sound with a PRS P22. They worked very well together. In the last band I was in the other guitar player also ran the GLDX16 so we had two of them on the same stage as well as my Sennheizer unit and we didn't have any Issues. I have owned a few wireless units over my life and I can tell you that I won't spend my money on anything that doesn't have either a Shure or Sennheizer name on it. I feel they are worth the extra money. I had good luck with the Shure PG series as well. I put a lot of use on them and they held up.

My recommendation is to buy a new one. Get the most current model. I typically don't buy the minimum amount of resources in anything like this. You will get a longer life out of it if you go a bit higher on specs. They have a few different models for different budgets. I have had mine for 9 years and am just now starting to have issues with things not being compatible with it. I think that is because there was a major shift in the OS for the iPads a couple of generations ago.

I tried to put the app on my iPad and found that mine is not supported. This is the second thing I have found in the past two weeks that will not run on my iPad due to the version I have. I really don't use it enough to invest in buying a new one so I will just continue using my laptop with the USB cable with mine. It works so no big deal for me. I found a way around the other thing I had an issue with as well. I guess I have saved some money for now.