Posts by JEverly

Yes but that was not the point (thanks for confirming what I said but there are a lot more examples, not only U2). The point is maybe that we tend to define facts and reality on just our own horizon, needs and experiences and claim things that we have no clue of, just because we've never experienced those needs and applications. But others who have and who also have found the solutions for themselves and for others with the same needs, know better...maybe? So: YES, we "need" good fx in an "all in one unit", CK agreed on that 12 years ago. Good that he did.

I can agree with what you are saying. I see it a lot when discussing high end guitars vs budget guitars, digital units such as Kemper and Fractal, sound boards, etc.. You don't know until you know. Once you have had an experience and learned from it you can more easily hear when someone else doesn't have the experience by what they say.

No need for new hardware. The updates will run on ALL Kemper units. That is some serious value in the purchase. I think the Stage is a great design. It makes complete sense to the folks coming from tube amps and pedals to the Kemper. I caught on to it really fast when I got mine.

Everything is a matter of taste but I would say, fes, the fx in the fm9 are "better". It is difficult to explain why, you have to listen and compare yourself. It is their "behaviour", their overall sound and their gorgeous high resolution and creamyness. The fact that you can route several effects in parallel only adds to that: try 2 delays, a reverb and a shimmer reverb (all in parallel, not interfering and affecting each other) and you will understand. You can custom tailor your sound more effectively.

Do you really "need" that? No. I still prefer the Kemper for many reasons. You can find workarounds for almost everything so that the end result sounds great.

I have an FM9 as well as a Kemper Stage. I am pretty familiar with both. The effects that are in both units are very good and I don't see one as being better than the other. From the explanations here it sounds more like people are referring to how many of these can be used at once. I think those use cases are fewer in number than people that just use a few effects live.

I wonder how important effects are in these units. For recording, I add most effects thought Pro Tools and for live, the quality is not so noticeable anyway.

Since Kemper updated reverb and delay sections, I cannot see a fault.

I am like you. For recording, I want to add the effects in my DAW. That way you are not painted into a corner that may cause you to have to record a track again.

the fm9 is awesome. I’m sure it’s capable of having the same amp feel as the Kemper. I’m just not that good at the parameters. Kemper was plug and play for me. It’s all about amp feel for me personally. And the Kemper nails that part.

The fractal in my opinion though has far superior effects. The Kemper does all that I need but is fairly limited in the size of a preset you can create. I had huge preset layouts with the fractal and pretty much play the whole night in one preset. That’s where the fractal shines in my opinion. Also the routing was awesome. I would run two separate inputs which allowed me to run both a chain for magnetics and piezo.

What exactly are you referring to when you say "The fractal in my opinion though has far superior effects?" I see this all the time with no detailed information on this.

I find the effects in the Kemper to be as good as the Fractal effects. Are you referring to the more obscure effects that the Kemper does not have?

I've never been compelled to check out his stuff. Just never interested me.

Then I went to the Fractal forums to see what that's like. Mention a competing product and you'll get some real hate. Rex Rox on the thread you posted in, for example. Small minded.

With this guy Cliff being their 'leader'.......it makes sense.

He is a newer user there. I have not seen him there causing trouble before this week. I can tell he has taken the big fanboy pill.

I am surprised to see how this thread has gone on this forum. This is definitely out of character for here. It looks to me like some of the combative banter here is also from a newer user to the forum. We don't have to feed the trolls.

Getting banned from TGP is nothing noteworthy. People get banned for no good reason other than disagreeing with some moderator. There's a whole new forum started up by people banned from TGP called The Gear Forum. Where everyone seems to get along okay. https://thegearforum.com

I don't know what the toxicity that you refer to is. I don't see it. Have you ever even logged in and posted there? I think you're letting your prejudices show.

If you are not seeing it you are not paying attention. I am on here, TGP and the Fractal page all with the same user name. The Fractal fanboys are the meanest I have seen. There are a few on here but they don't reach the level of toxicity that I see over there or TGP.

I just started reading that thread. Holy crap is it funny. The butthurt is real. I haven't read anything that funny since the line 6 forums were salty about the Headrush coming out.

I have a couple of Fractal units as well as a Kemper stage. I just don't get the fanboy anger. It is much more prevalent on that forum than it is on this one. It is okay to like what you like. I use these units for different purposes. I have likes and dislikes about all of them.

I think it is just people needing to feel like they are part of something bigger or to justify what they spent their money on. I think if those people actually got out of the house and made some real friends instead of thinking people online are their real friends it would do them good.

AS EXPECTED, the other guy (with steam coming out of his ears when the Kemper is mentioned) just commented today on their forum:

"Liquid Profiling is a blatant infringement on my patent."

:D:D:D:D

Yea, that thread is something special.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have version 1 of this pedal. This is another good one IMHO.

We now know what they have been up to and why they have been quiet. Again, Kemper delivers greatness to the same hardware that we already have. This to me, closes any gaps there were between the Kemper and other units on the market. They already had the best sounding and feeling raw amp sounds out there in my opinion. This will take them to the next level.

I didn't see when this update is supposed to be out but I will update to it as soon as it is available. THANK YOU TEAM KEMPER!

To me, this is the best guitar and drum sounds you have had. I liked the first version better on the cheap PC speakers I listened to it on. The low cut version lost a lot of low mids and really thinned out on these speakers. The first version just sounded much fuller on these speakers.

The first thing to check is how much signal you have coming into the board. This should be easy to check by soloing the channel and checking the meter on the board. If it is low you need to increase the input gain at the board, not your Kemper. If the signal is strong there, your issue is the EQ of your sound. You are blending into the mix of the band. If that is the case try raising up your mid range and see if that helps. If it does you will need to spend some time setting it up to sound good in the mix.

Stick with the XLR connection. That is the best way to go.

I have not had RAM issues but I did have an issue with really high hard drive usage on one of my laptops. I looked for a solution for it for a long time and couldn't find one. I started using that laptop again earlier this year and this issue was killing the speed of the laptop. I started digging again. I was going to replace the hard drive because I was thinking it had to be a hardware issue if nobody else was having this issue. After a bunch of testing and digging, I found this to be a bug in Windows 10 that they evidently have not fixed. All it took to solve the problem was to change one registry entry from a 1 to a 0. It works great now. That setting disables a disk reading feature they had implemented that has issues.

I say all of that to say that you may be running into a bug as well and there may be a fix. It may take some research to figure it out.

Welcome! You absolutely cannot do anything wrong with a Kemper, tone and feel wise.

But I am initially curious what your experiences were with the fractal and will be in comparison with the Kemper. I have been a very happy Kemper user for many years and will always be. But I also bought an FM9, last October. I must say that, yes, I still prefer my Stage for an immediate amp sound and feel without big tweaks. Period. But I can come pretty close with the FM9. I mean very close. Yes, It took me some months (not very talented, maybe) to get there and I almost sold it again. And I am only talking about one satisfying live AC30 and one Plexi sound, as I was used from my Kemper. But once you understand what you are doing you can get almost the same results regarding amp tone and feel (if the last 1% is not that important 8o). Anyway. Have fun!

I have been able to get in the neighborhood with my FM9 after a lot of tweaking and I have owned a Fractal product for many years. I still have my Axe FX Ultra. The thing I cannot get from the FM9 is the touch sensitivity that I get from the Kemper. The Kemper just has a better sound and feel to me.

I find the Fractal units have much more gain than the actual amps they are modeling. That really affects the touch sensitivity of the amps for me. It is like having the gain cranked up on a pedal. If you lower the gain on the pedal it cleans up much faster with a smaller downward turn of the volume knob. I have an amp that is modeled, 2 models actually, in the FM9 and I have profiles of it from TJ. The Kemper profiles sound and react like the amp. The FM9 does not. I can get pretty close in tone but it still feels like the gain is too high when rolling back the volume. I also find that the Fractal models of my amp have way more gain than my actual amp has. I have tested this next to the amp and at the same volume I would use for a gig. They say the models are the most accurate on the market. I brought up how the models have a lot more gain than the actual amp. I was then told that is the beauty of the Fractal models. They give you everything the amp has and more. How is that accurate?

I went soft side on pedalboard. I had to use some lacquer thinner to remove the glue stuck on my pair of scissors from cutting the Velcro roll to size.

I put the velcro in smaller strips on the looper and distortion pedal since I'll be swapping those two out regularly for two other pedals. Hey, it's only for the tube amps.

I use the same compressor, chorus and delay pedals on two of my boards. I actually have the mini version of the chorus and delay pedals as well on a micro board that I built. I really like the TC stuff. It is nice to be able to reprogram it if you are looking for something different that day.

Yes, this is a great option. Only not for those who change their pedals often. This tape is so strong, that the lock between the two pieces of tape is stronger than the adhesive which sticks to the pedals and pedalboard. Superglue can be a solution here, but it ain't pretty.

Industrial strength Velcro has the same issue. This becomes even more of an issue when you live in a warm climate and the temperatures inside of your car can get pretty high really fast.