Posts by spotter

First: Make a full backup on a USB stick. Output settings are included, if i remember correctly.

(And make a backup every time you install an update. Saves you a lot of trouble, costs max. 2 minutes.)

Second: Have a look at the Rig Manager Settings. There is an option for this (MacOS version):

Windows Version should have the same options...

first: welcome to the board. if possible, try to write in english or use the spanish subforum here (Forum in Español). And also try to use the search here (or google...).

answer to your question: yep. pretty normal. boot time ranges between 45 and 100 seconds.

Thomann has a new power Attenuator from their Harley Benton line.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/ha…_250_power_attenuator.htm

(125£, 150€, 170$)

I’ve never used an attenuator before, but I maybe this could heal some scars. I’ve got a Marshall jcm2000 tsl 100w head that I never really liked, because I couldn’t turn it up and it sounded very boring. But it was so cheap that I wasn’t ready to change the tubes (a new tube set would cost more than the amp) or sell it… (Instead I bought the Profiler and tried to forget about it 8))

what are your experiences with these devices? Is there a difference that justifies the prices for an Ox box? I don’t need a cab simulation, I just want to crank the amp to see if this changes the sound that much as I hope and still not get deaf.

(And does dummy load mean, I could take an Amp home, hook it up with the Kemper di box and make profiles at home without a cabinet?)

Well...

First time I'm running into an error with an update (hey, way less problems than with any Windows-system i ever used ;) )

I opened a ticket just a few minutes ago, but it's Saturday night and Monday is a holiday here in Germany so i hope that the support team will not work then...

Anyway, I just wanted to give a little warning to anyone who needs their profiler in the next days. Maybe wait with the update...

Anyone else run into some problems?

details:

- Kemper Rack unpowered

- Update to v8.6.6

- MacBook Pro with MacOS 11.4

- Rig Manager v3.2.57 (17257)

- never had a problem with updating over Rig Manager for the last 1,5 years.

Also ist das Gerät jetzt schon wieder auf dem Retoure-Weg?

Es wäre noch interessant zu wissen, was deine Output-Hardware wäre und ob du gecheckt hast, dass dort kein Fehler vorliegt.

Du schriebst nämlich: "

An der Box liegt es auch nicht, da hatte ich die Gitarren auch mal ohne den Kemper angeschlossen - läuft. Kemper auch vom Strom getrennt ?("

Für mich hört sich das nach einer Gitarrenbox an und die kann der Stage gar nicht befeuern ohne zusätzlichen Poweramp. Aber das ist nur meine Interpretation, deswegen noch mal konkret gefragt.

Maybe you could upload your test profile here or into the rig manager.

It's really unusual that I would have to contact you. Advertising usually works the other way around...

wie hoch ist denn die Verzögerung bei Bluetooth? Müsste sich doch beim spielen bemerkbar machen, oder?

Und preislich im selben Bereich wie beyerdynamic.

ich finde den DT-770 auch ganz gut, hat mir aber zu viel Bass.

Kopfhörer sind in den letzten Jahren extrem im Preis gefallen.

Den 770er gibt es neu schon für 111€,

besser (ausgewogener) ist der DT- 990 pro, auch nur noch 129€

Bei Beyerdynamic auch einfach mal ins Outlet gucken (https://www.beyerdynamic.de/outlet.html). Hab da den 770pro mir geholt.Die hatten den nämlich in komplett Schwarz. Das Auge hört halt mit ;)

Picked this beauty up for around $500 usd in excellent condition ! Gibson Tribute goldtop 2017T. Even came with all documentation and gig bag. Rarely is it a benefit to be a lefty but the guy could not move this due to it being a lefty and 2hrs away from any large population. Luckily I had to go there for work and snagged it.

If you want to get rid of it, just say it :D

Really pretty guitar and what a bargain! I'm kind of jealous right now...

Is this also the sound that you get out of your monitors?

yes: you can try to change settings on the profiler. Play with the Definition, EQ and the gain maybe?

no: turn the output gain of the profiler down and check the input gain of the focusrite. Maybe it's also too hot.

Mir gefällt die idee, das Kemper zu den Kone Imprints passende Cabs anbieten sollte für den Main Out.

Aber für die 2-3 cabs die ich tatsächlich benutze, finde ich wahrscheinlich auch was passendes in den Factory rigs.

Man sollte sich darüber klar sein, das es über die PA sowie anders klingen wird.

Der Sinn der Imprints ist es ja einen "Amp in the Room" Sound darzustellen, oder?

IR's oder Cabs beim Profiler sind ja immer eine Kombination aus Mikrofon-Art/Positierung, EQ, Preamps etc.

Klar könnte Kemper da ein Standard-IR zur Verfügung stellen mit SM57 mittig zwischen Kalotte und Membran. Gibt's aber doch dutzendfach in allen Geschmacksrichtungen.

I did find a massive difference between my first guitar (epiphany sg 400 pro from 2010?) and my fender telecaster player and my Gibson tribute. (Both the cheapest lines).

Satin neck (and no lacquer anymore) was a huge improvement and the Humbuckers of the Gibson (490 and 498 I think) are a lot brighter than the old epiphones. They were way to muffled and dark.
    that’s my experience so far. So the Upgrades were a really improvement.

and I also bought a Harley Benton and was really disappointed. Sound was not good, neck was sticky, got out of tune too quick. And I really wanted to like it…

I just stumbled about this article and thought it would be worth sharing: https://www.guitarplayer.com/p…uier-bullet-stratocasters

Mike Rutherford, guitarist of Genesis, was playing some stock Squier Guitars on the latest tour. Some were upgraded with noiseless pickups or otherwise modded but it really shows that good tone is the result of a lot of components (and mostly the player themself in my opinion) and we maybe don't need 3.000€ (or more) guitars anymore.

What are your "budget" guitars that you really like and do you really see that much of a difference to more expensive guitars?
    As a lefty I have a very limited choice but I'm always curious what other people play.