Posts by spotter

The monitor output should be your first choice.

Is the captor x really capable of using a DI signal? I only read something about 8 ohms, 100 watt max input. Nothing about a di input, but on the other hand I never used it…

And why would you use an external IR loader when you have a profiler?

Alles soweit richtig.
    - monitor out - > power amp -> cabinet (Impedanz beachten.)

- „Monitor cab off“ aktivieren, kone ausschalten

merged oder DI sind dafür am ehesten geeignet, aber manche Studio-Profile gehen auch total klar. Der Profiler kriegt das teilweise sehr gut hin. Einfach mal ausprobieren.

Interesting. In rig manager they don't show up. on the website they do.

Is this only on my rig manager?

Edit: they are also on rigmanager-rig exchange. But there they have a different date.

Ck said in an interview with Andertons that guitar players are strangely old school and don’t want anything changing and I tend to agree.

If Gibson for example just changes the tiniest thing in a guitar, everybody cries. The most popular guitars are reissues I think and every development could be fatal.
    for example I’m really interested in testing an Evertune system but not one Shop in like 500km is offering them.

just stumbled across this pedal and I would really like to see this as a stomp in the Profiler :)

gives me pure NES-Vives :love:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

make the Profiler more digital <3

Ok. I really don't need a cover, but the tilt is a nice feature.

I already have a power amp, so that's not the issue here (a Palmer Macht 402)

If it's sounding nearly the same, it's just nearly 300€ difference for the tilt and a cover. My local dealer doesn't have the kabinets in store, so I can't compare them in real life, but the sound shouldn't be that much of a difference or does it? In the end it's just a different power amp...

I'm thinking about getting a Kabinet.

Is there any difference between the powered and the nonpowered version (besides the obvious power amp?).

I already have a external power amp (Palmer Macht 402) and could save some money when getting the unpowered kabinet...

Ja ich habe die Endstufe. Reicht für eine laute Metal-Band, aber dann läuft sie schon am Limit. Klang und Zuverlässigkeit ist nicht zu beanstanden. Wenn ich mir die Palmer anschaue und die Werte der Datenblätter ansehe, sind die für mich gleich.

Zum Klang kann ich nix sagen, da Ich die Palmer-Endstufe nutze. Ich steuere bpsw. meine Marshall 4x12 damit an und hab den Regler auf ca. 1 Uhr (also 60% Leistung). Das ist ohrenbetäubend laut (Bei einer 4-köpfigen Punk-Band). Alles darüber hinaus sollte eh schon über die PA gehen und nicht mehr über die Cabs... Das tut doch nur noch weh...

First: Welcome to the forum!

Don't get me wrong, but what do you want to hear from us? We don't know what you like and what you are searching for. I think the reampzone profiles are really useable.

If you are thinking about getting the big pack, maybe get a single pack of an amp that you know and like. For me it's the safer way instead of throwing money out of the window in the end. They have some free profiles in the rig manager or here: https://reampzone.com/free-ton…hed-kemper-profiles-86809

it’s a Stage with a Freyette LXII. I posted that in my OP.

my bad... sorry.

Either I didn't read it or I thought it's a pedal...

this is what I did the last time I played live. It sounded good. But afterwards i read on the web that a real cab/power amp setup sounds best with direct profiles. I haven’t actually tried this setup yet.

if I use a merged profile in the manner you described above will the Kemper automatically know to send the studio profile to the mains and the direct profile to the monitor send? (I understand about checking the “cab off” box in the output section. This is how I currently have it set up.)

Or should I send the cab signal out the direct out Jack? Does this still require the cab off box to be checked?

I saw in the manual a setup using the direct out, so it’s a little unclear as to what the best method is.

The method with main outs to FOH, Monitor out to power amp and cabinet is the recommended way by kemper (and the logical one for me).

This graphic is from the main manual (page 89) and shows how you should use it with a cabinet on stage and a PA in front of the stage.

And yes, the profiler knows how to seperate the signal ways. If you're interested in this topic, have a look here. They describe the differences between the different types of profiles: Differences between studio and merged profiles (The manual will also be mentioned there).

As long as you (and the sound engineer and the audience maybe) are happy with the sound, use it.

If you want to send a profile to the FOH and with a cab at the same time:

- Connect your Main Out to the FOH.

- Use the Monitor Output and connect it to your cabinet on stage.

- Go the global Output Settings and use the Softbutton "Monitor Cab Off" (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qiqz-6dVKi0/maxresdefault.jpg)

This means: Your complete profile will be used for the Main Output, the cabinet get's the same profile but without the cabinet section.

You will get the best results with "merged Profiles", but also "studio profiles" can sound great.

If you have a "direct Profile" only, you can add a cabinet. Click and hold the white Cabinet button then use the Browse dial to cycle through the cabs of your KPA (or use the Rig Manager for this. You can also do this with any other profiles or course.

You can also find this in the Main Manual (English version, 8.5) . Have a look at page 86 (and ongoing). https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

P.S.: What profiler do you use? If you don't have a version with the built in power amp ("unpowered") you need a power amp between your profiler and your cabinet.

Start on one end and go through the signal chain:

- is the guitar working (test it with another amp)?

- is the cable working (change the cable)?

and then proceed to the input settings of the profiler...

It's not clear that you tried this first, that's why I mentioned it...

The form factors give 2 slight but different problems:

Rack - best for protection, but where do you put it. If you use a 4 x12 no issue, but it won;t balance on a kabinet

There are cases that are not that "deep": https://guitarcaseguide.com/best-rack-cases-kemper-amp/

I think "shallow" is the right term here.

But on the other hand, you can't stack other racks on it, because if it and some hardware will not fit (like my poweramp for example...)