Posts by spotter

Finally. After a long fight with myself if I can justify this, I decided to buy my first Gibson. Then it was out of stock everywhere… So I had to wait another 8 weeks on top. Then I got the shipping confirmation on Saturday and i was excited until I realised that last Monday was a bank holiday here…

Now finally it’s here!

I will try the reboot just incase. It has never worked for me. Can someone tell me how it should be done? Maybe I am flat out doing it wrong

What firmware are you on?

Which Rig Manager version are you using?

Does the rig manager or windows even recognize your profiler as a device?

My procedure would be:

Hook up the profiler via USB, Start Rig Manager, see if it recognizes the profiler as my device, push the "search for updates" button (on my Mac it's somewhere else, but the procedure should be the same), start downloading the update

At home, it's connected to a Windows tablet so I create my patches either with the front panel or RM editor.

I think most people don't use Windows tablets. They are mostly used in a business enviroment and a lot of people will have an ipad or an Android tablet.

You are one of very few who already have the hardware to do this stuff that we will hopefully get soon, so i can understand why it's so underwhelming for you :)

I saw something about newer versions of rack and the head having WiFi chips in, similar to the stage…. Is that correct? And how can you tell if you have a ‘new’ version?

Open it up? :D (please don’t!)

I think the only difference between older and „newer“ devices is the writing on the front. The old models have „profiling amplifier“ written on it, the newer ones just have „Profiler“. And I haven’t heard of a wifi module in them, but that doesn’t mean I’m right.

everything we are talking about atm is based on some videos on social media. Let’s have a nice weekend and just wait for the things to come :)

You could also use a poe injector or a router with poe outs.

I read your post. Very helpful and useful.

Did you have to have a separate power supply for each router or can the be powered via POE (power over ethernet)?

I think there are no routers that can be powered over Ethernet themselves. They only can power other devices…

The TP link routers Yoda Guitar used are powered over a USB port, so maybe the USB Port of the head/rack could have enough power to power those travel routers.

And of course a wifi dongle will not work. And that’s not a driver problem. A wifi dongle normally can do one thing only: connect to a wireless network on the one side; connect to a client via USB on the other side and simply replace a CAT cable this way. It can’t manage a whole network like a router.

so I think this would be the easiest way:

- small wifi router like a TP-Link TL-WR902AC (or even smaller TP-LINK TL-WR802N)

- setup a wireless network on it.

- connect the rack/Profiler via CAT cable.

- Connect the ipad via WiFi (of course you can’t use other internet stuff at the same time)

- connect app and Profiler

- be happy

Hmmm ? I wonder if I can use the XAIR XR18 as a router for Kemper ?

could work. I just flew over the specs, but it has an integrated router, right? Should do the trick.

I’m thinking, as long as the router for the Connection can speak DHCP, the head and rack should be able to connect (and I can‘t think of one router who doesn‘t do that).

The Stage, as it looks, has it‘s own access point integrated and so it can create it‘s own WiFi-network.

but that‘s all just from an outside perspective.

Nice! The UI looks great. Here's a screenshot from the instagram video.

P.S.: It's much easier to write an iOS App because there is only one OS. 2 device categories (Tablet, phone) and they all have the same screen ratios and the same hardware. Android is not under control and there are literally thousand different hardware specs and different operating systems.

It`s just a preview of the new upcoming crypto currency that Kemper has been developing for a time now.

It utilizes the hardware in the kemper to mine Kempcoin based on riffs played per hour.

The heat from the fingers during shredding boosts the internal A/D converters so that you can decrypt the currency in relation to the tap tempo, the faster you play the more coin you mine.

To see if your Kemper has updated to the mining funtion just play the intro to Sweet child of MINE ;)

well… as a rhythm guitarist i would choose the riff per minute converter ;)

And what will the name be? Kemper Koin or Shreddcoin?