Posts by spotter

Couldn't decide, so I decided to stick with the classic JCM800. Looking forward to try it later!

öööööhm, ich glaub nicht.

Du brauchst immer noch eine Last (also Box) hinter der Power Station, oder kannst du da auch IR's mit simulieren?

So oder so: Direct Profiles werden mit DI Box zwischen Amp und Cab gemacht und beim Profil gibt es am Ende kein Cab.

Wenn der Lineout eine Speaker-Simulation mit dabei hat, dann ist es schon wieder ein Studio-Profil (weil im Endeffekt hast Du Amp + Cab + Mic, auch wenn die letzten beiden Teile nur simuliert sind).

First of all, os9 have to be officially released (it is still a beta after all), then we will see: developers are working on it and hopefully we won't have to wait all the 9.Xs to reach os10, or at least I think so.

From what I see, Kemper is using the usual versioning. So no one knows how many releases of OS 9.x we will get.

So, just for the understanding. A usual software versioning (it's called semantic versioning) looks something like this:

Code
    │ │ │  └────── Build number (optional)
    │ │ └───────── Revision number
    │ └─────────── minor version number
    └───────────── major version number

For example: If everything is fine after 9.1.1, we could already get 10.0 as the next version and no 9.2, 9.3 or more...

I found a solution to my problem: high quality USB cable.

Got one in my spare computer parts box. No branding on it, don’t remember where I got it.

It seems that 9.0 requires more or faster data transfer.

nope. USB2.0 is USB2.0. To get a faster connection, you would need a USB3-Port on both ends.
    Far more likely that your cable was just dirty/twisted/broken. But great to hear, that your problem was solved!

conclusion: never throw any cable away, despite what your partner says!

Liquid profiling will be released on OS 10.0 so we have some time to wait. I hope it's no longer than 6 months.

I was away for a week or two, but I haven't found the source for this. Was there a roadmap shown for the next OS versions or how did you get the v10.0 for the liquid profiles update?

No stupid questions, especially when you are new here!

- You can only rate rigs in your local library (or mark them as favourite).

- The rating system in the local library is just for you to rate the rigs.

- If you mark a rig as favourite and move it to the profiler, you can use this as a filter on the profiler itself.

- If you rate a rig in the rig exchange, it changes the public rating of the rig in the rig exchange.

- If you want to rate the rigs of a rig pack, just copy them into your local library first. The rig packs are more like a "download section" in my understanding. You can't save your own rigs there (read only).

There is a whole chapter in the main manual called "Getting Organized" (page 301ff) which could be very helpful to you :)

Interesting that you prefer studio profiles with IRs vs direct amp with IR. Good tone is good tone though.

I guess the question is, has the preference shifted from studio to DA profiles in general? The other formats seem to lean this way.

In the past I have focused on studio profiles with a smaller selection of DA. For the last few years I have been experimenting with DA more and am finding the results really good for the right situation.

I don't know why. Direct or merged profiles with IR sound very thin on my setup. Maybe something is wrong with my setup?

In the end: What Janne says: It has to sound good, the rest doesn't really matter to me.

To be honest, I can't follow your description above - it looks like the splitter is part of the Kemper.

Oh alright.

I think of splitting the signal right after the pedal-tuner and befor the input of the profiler. For example the Mooer Audio Micro ABY MK 2. It can send one signals into two outputs.

One output goes to the profiler, one into the backup amp.

The outputs of the profiler and the backup amp would go into another ABY-pedal (which I'm searching right now) and into the cabinet.

So if the main system (the profiler) goes down, i just have to push the ABY switch and can change to the backup amp which running all the time (but the signal is not in the chain until I push a button).

Hi everyone,

I don't know what I have to search for. So if this topic is already discussed, please throw me into the right direction.

Currently I'm using the Profiler Powerhead into a 4x12 cab (and sometimes main out into mixer, but that is not always the case).

I never ran into any problems, but now that I thought of it, I'm sure Murphys Law will kick in very soon... :/

As always: As cheap and good as possible please;) (maybe below 700€ for everything).

I'm looking for recommendations for a pedal sized backup amp (something like a JCM 800 tone with extra gain reserves would be nice) and a pedal to switch between the the profiler and the backup.

Is anyone running already running a system like this? (Blackstar amped, bluguitar amp 1,

I think the signal chain would look like this (but please give me some tips if you have an easier solution):

Guitar -> Tuner -> Kemper 2way switch -> Profiler -> Switch -> Cab

.................................->Signal Splitter .....................Backup -> Switch -^

Or is it getting too complex and I should just put the backup amp behind the powerhead and switch manually in case everything is going down?

Up until the Angels & Airwaves stuff he used a Marshall JCM 900 and a Mega Boogie Triple Recitifier (in parallel) as his main live sound I think. Over the years there were a lot of different amps of course. A Silver Jubilee, a JCM 800, Mesa Boogie Triaxis with a Marshall JMP-1. But the Rectifier/JCM900 combo should give you the best results:

I love my guitar rig! I love the way it sounds and I use it for one main reason: I think it adds the two elements of guitar sound you need to make a big fat sound. I use a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier and a Marshall JCM900. Mesa Boogies can have all that bottom end and saturation of distortion but it doesn't have that string note tone that a Marshall has. And Marshall has a lot of string note tone but none of that overdriven bottom end. So when you mix the two tones I think it sounds incredible. What I do is put the JCM900 on its clean channel and turn the gain up to 10 and I also do the same with the dirty channel on the Mesa. So you kind of have two totally different unique sounds blended in together. I run that out of 3, Mesa Boogie 4x12's.

Edit: This video is also interesting:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (at 33:24)

a JCM (800 or 900), Recitifer, Vox and Fender amp

I’m constantly hearing digital amp enthusiasts say using the (insert digital amp brand here) your amp will be consistent every night. We’ll no duh, not changing your amp controls will give you the same sound every night. It’s the room that changes. Bing bong! That’s why you adjust the knobs. Thoughts? Masters and geniuses only please. The way music is going it is consistent every night. Know why? It’s pre recorded. So grab your digital amp and your prerecorded music and rock it I guess 🤷‍♂️ yup I’m old. Also guilty of doing both and loving guitar and playing music. Just pointing out the BS.

For me, consistancy means: I don't have to reposition mics every night. The knobs are always at the same position and I just have to make minor corrections (if any). I don't have to worry about a lot of maintaining and it's so much lighter.

It's a great starting point and very close to "turn on and just play". The rest can be done at the mixer, for example.

Some more in the original video:

12. Roll Land Chor Nrm
    Roland Jazz Chorus
    13. Mars TM 45 Nrm & Brt
    Marshall JTM45 (with & without Bright Switch)
    14. Mars Plex Nrm & BrtMarshall Plexi (with & without Bright Switch)
    15. Mars CM 800Marshall JCM800
    16. Fried Man Cln Nrm & BrtFriedman (with & without Bright Switch)

thanks! I did not see this. Wasn’t looking at the first video, just listening while working ^^

Any news on when this will be available? I am interested in the USB audio part more than in the liquid profiles at the moment.

no, but you will hear it first (sorry, sarcasm)!

It's not available yet.

Just had a look at the new ToneJunkie-Video (and no I don't want to discuss the content of the video).

But some tonestack-options (amp models) are shown:

1. Fan Twins Rev Nrm Fender Twin Reverb
    2. Fan Twins Rev BrtFender Twin Reverb w. Bright Switch
    3. Fan D'Lux Rev NrmFender Delux Reverb
    4. Fan D'Lux Rev TremFender Delux Reverb w. Bright Switch
    5. Fan Vibr. Lux NrmFender Vibro Deluxe
    6. Fan Vibr. Lux BrtFender Vibro Deluxe w. Bright Switch
    7. Fan Vibr. ChampionFender Vibro Champ
    8. Fan BM NrmFender Bassman
    9. Voice Ace 15 TopbstVox AC 15 w. Tob Boost
    10. Voice Ace 30 NrmVox AC 30
    11. Voice Ace 30 TopbstVox AC 30 w. Tob Boost

As I'm not really into Fender or Vox amps, I'm not sure if I got everything right. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.