Posts by KT66digital

Ernie Isley was supposedly taught by a guitar player in his big brothers' band. A shy guy from Seattle who went on, to go to England and form the Jimi Hendrix Experience. At least that's how Ernie has always told it.. He is definitely enamored by Jimi..

Friends used to do a cover of it and as I remember it was a Big Muff PI into the Small Stone. Definitely was a good set ender back in the late 70's

Unless the Kemper recognizes some sort of NFS file sharing, or something equally compatible with W10 and MacOS you're kinda stuck with a two world solution.

I started out on Mac, but ended up on W10 due to my setup here in the office.. I didn't notice the ability to select where you could install the packages or the data files and select them accordingly. But I am new to this so there maybe something I am not familiar with.

You will at least need to set up one or the other system as a file sharing server and then have appropriate clients on each of your hosts. I think MacOS supports links (it's UNIX based) so if you were able to even export out the directories on the W10 system to the MacOS system, you may have a loooong, but slim shot..

The big question is how the Kemper would react to anything other than it's supported install.. My guess would be not well.. And if it isn't supported by Kemper there is another issue unto itself..

Not trying to be disrespectful to those who are going thru the program. I too am a friend of Bill W.. :) 25 years here :)

But my addictive behaviors have been peaked by all the rigs posted out there!! I just picked up, the Tone Junkie Clean Me Out Special, and have been enjoying the '62 Princeton Rigs he has on there.. I will be venturing more into over the next couple of weeks.. Must say there are some pretty cool one in here.. I also have some of the MBritt rigs as well.. This should hold me for for a week or two now.. :)

Ok my BIG question is, Is there are way to organize these like the directories they have in Rig Manager? Is there are way to make (and see) directories? So far all I have seen is the way to have 12000 rigs in one big list.. 40 years of IT work has made me slightly organized and I *need* directories so I can remember were stuff is.. ;)

Adv-Thanks-ance <--- Thanks *in* Advance!! Nyuck Nyuck Dad Joke time.. :)

I had two VHT Special 6 cabinets which I wasn't quite sure what to do with. They came with a crappy Celestion knockoffs, so I figured why not!?..

After what I spent for my stage and a few addons (rigs mostly, 2 JBL 308P monitors and cables to hook everything up..)

I wanted to get some Kemper cabs, but I was going to have to wait a while. So I again looked at the two cabinets, went to kemper-americas store and picked up a 2 pack of Kemper Kones and I just finished installing them in the VHT cabinets (Which are Baltic birch ply FWIW) and Voila two Kemper-Homegrowns!! I'm putting pics up just to show how easy it was..

Just waiting on my Palmer Macht 402 to show up from Germany now.. :)

OH yeah I changed out the drywall screws they had in the back of the VHT cabinets for some nice stainless wood screws and some flashy dress washers.

This brings me back to my amp building days!! LOL

Here's the scoop.. I used to build tweed clones for friends and family years ago.. I kept some of these guys, but I'm getting too old to lug these guys around anymore. These amps are all point to point, top notch components. Some of these guys have never been gigged.. However Tweeds are not known for tons of big sparkly headroom, but more of a "grunt" which these guys have in spades.. If you are interested I can take some pictures.

I have spent a week studying manuals, bugging forum members and 3 days with my kemper power toaster. Starting to figure it out. At first just using it direct in the studio, sounded great. Initially plugged in a cab and it sounded a little muffled, I knew I hadn't figured it all out yet so went back to direct. Once I figured out how to get a performance together (edit: not completely figured out saving wise) I plugged it in to an open back V30 cab with MB Friedman and TJ Brown sound profiles. You know an amp sounds good when you just want more and more volume because it doesn't get worse or grate but makes you feel like a warrior of sound and you just grit your teeth together in delight not caring at all if the walls crack. I have had and have lots of high end amps and I have to say I can dial this thing in to kill all of them. It's just so "exact" is the best way to put it. Perfect like the best amps ever, miced in a multi million dollar studio with thousand dollar mics and pres put right on a platter for you..I've always believed a guitar should sound through FOH just like the guitar does on a top notch CD played through the FOH. And this does it easily. I should have grabbed one of these years ago and would have if I would have known how killer this can be. Once you see all the remote can do, live it is not an option but essential to do lots of amazing things like morphing or setting a boost to automatically come up and down per measure without you having to run back to the board to turn your boost off!

I'm right there with ya!! Just got mine a couple weeks ago...

Now I know who to bug with all MY questions!! :)

Ok, pulled the plug..

Seeing as I have these two empty solid birch ply 1x12 cabinets,

I decided to go with a Palmer Macht 402 (200watts/side) (which was a challenge to get in the first place) and two

Kemper Kones for a grand total of US$642!!)

Macht402 was 279 Euros ($322 US)

Speakers were $320 for a 2 pack thru the Kemper US store

Cabinets were original empty VHT Special 6 1x12 cabinets closed back (which I may make alternate open baffles)

Maybe a little more for some cables (TS amp cabinet cables and longer XLR/TRS/TS cables)

The challenge with the Palmer was I found it on Thomann US, but when I put it in my cart, up popped a message that

Palmer won't allow them to ship to my country (being the US) which makes me wonder if this has anything to do with

the tariff "exercises" we recently went through. :(

Aha!! Thanks for the clarification.. I was going to grab the manual and read up.. I was thinking there was no difference, but now I know the difference!! I was under the impression that the Kones were FRFR, but now I stand corrected.. (I'm still learning about this new fangled technology :) )

So I guess I would want to use DXR10s on the Main Outs? I definitely want to play with the speaker imprints, tho.. I'll have to check my JBLs (308P) to see how they respond in the Monitor Out.. I have them on the Main Outs and I think they sound pretty darn good.. But if they'll sound better...

UhOh... Now I may have to get BOTH!! :)

My kid doesn't need to go ALL the way thru college!! 3/4 of the way should be good enough... ;)

I can get months before they need to be changed.. I do have a few guitars and I rotate..

My son has the opposite problem. He can tarnish strings in a matter of hours..

Definitely has to do with your body chemistry. and environmental influences.

I use GHS Nickel Rockers, .050 - .011, or .046 - .010..

I've used the NYXLs and they are nickel plated steel vs. nickel wound. Not sure why the premium price on those.

That plating could wear off pretty fast.

Height 42 cm (16.54 inches)

Width 51 cm (20.08 inches)

Depth 23 cm (9.06 inches)

Weight 11,30 kg (24.91 pounds)

For interior, I'd assume sides are Baltic Birch ply 3/4", so subtract 1.5 inches from Height and Width

Front and back maybe 1/2 Baltic, so subtract 1" from the front to back (Depth)

This is a guess

I forgot to ask:

Do you enjoy trying out different profiles and exploring all the sound shaping things you can do with your Stage? If so, then you'll enjoy the different tones you can get with the Kones using the speaker imprints.

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of rigs in here.. I'm not sure I've tried them all yet.. I even enjoyed playing with the metal ones.. I'm about as far as you can get from a metal guy :) Blues, R&B, Funk be my jams :) LOL Even a little C&W in there..

You can use the Kones in your 1x12 cabinets for everything in your list above EXCEPT main outs. You always connect the Kones to the Stage Monitor Outputs (well - you already know this, Kemper Stage -> power amp -> Kones).

Just one small point of clarification, the about connecting to the Main Outs? Is there a drawback to this, or is it bypassing some functionality using the Main Outs going to the powered speakers? (I'm still reading the manuals and poking around)

Thanks for all the info.. Sounds like we're leaning to a Kone solution, which will make my wallet happy :) and the *real* boss here at home.