Posts by Dynochrome

So what happens when you leave a step blank in a user scale? (Like if you played a G note in this example). Nothing happens?

I have operated harmonizers since early Eventide and Digitech "smart shift", Line 6, PS-5, TC electronics GMajor 2 (horrible effects but great harmonizer and tuner!)

The Kemper was at first very difficult for me to understand before I found out that user scales presets are not stored within the pitch shifter but in the rig. That still doesn't make sense to me, I would have thought it best to have a list of presets within the pitch shifter tree (like delays, reverbs have). Especially because a forum member wrote me: A User Scale is a parameter of a Harmonic Pitch Preset. You can create and delete Harmonic Pitch Presets. And I thought they would be stored with in the pitch preset but the manual states they are stored within the rig.

User scales are said to be stored within the rig but where? So if there is no pitch shifter in a module, the presets are still there?

Also I found the picture on page 190 to be misleading , I wrote:

On my Kemper, "User scale one and User scale two" are identical to "voice one and voice two" shown on page 190. If I pull up user scale 1 in either voice one or two the intervals will be like page 190 shown"voice 1". If I put user scale 2 in voice 1 or 2 it will look like "voice 2" shown on the page. Seems the manual is the one confused about scale 1&2 and called them voice 1&2.

Kemper support replied:

The manual describes the user scales as they appear in the Profiler Head and Rack model. If I look at the same user scales in the Stage both User scales use the same settings (aka major) while User Scale 1 in the head model is minor and User scale 2 is major. The term voice 1 and voice 2 in the picture at the bottom of page 190 is misleading. User scale 1 and 2 would be more appropriate.

I sent a note to the copywriters.

When I look at that picture I still don't get why the one that is supposed to be minor is under the tonic and the one that is supposed to be major is over the tonic. That had me suspicious they didn't mean minor or major but above and below the tonic.

I really think the manual should explain the user scale thing better now that I went back and read my original thread and the manual page I am confused again as I thought I had it straightened out. I'll mess with it tonight.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Let's say I long press the delay module to change it to something else and turn the browser knob. As soon as I turn the type knob the selections jump a mile away and I have to scroll through what seems like every effect type to get back. I would like it that when I select and turn browser/type knob that it stays right where it was when I turned the browser knob not jump 8 effects down. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do?

I've asked this and never found out for sure. Nothing locked,everything saved, E still there. My guess was that the rigs in performance mode had been edited from the "original" that I keep on browser mode. Performance mode E telling me that the rig has been edited since created. That would explain why the E remains, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of that. Maybe if I load a rig that is "untouched" in there the E will go away,if it doesn't then I don't have an answer. I'm sure there are a set of conditions that would make the E show or not. I've just learned to ignore it like the tempo lights & occasional flashes on the controller since finding out that is typical. I care more about the sound which makes me forget all the niggles.

Stay in one performance. That's the general idea. I don't get any lag that way and not sure that I even do switching performances. And I am very sensitive to gaps live. If a unit did that, it wouldn't last long for me. Keep your browser with copies of what you use in performances and balance them with the volume in amp module. It doesn't take much to get them all balanced, usually different packs will have similar volume settings within them. My BM pack that I love comes with amp volumes @ +3. I'll usually turn everything to 0 and start there to make them jive with MB packs, bounce through them, record them with drums and see what needs to go up or down. That gets me close. Good think is with a KPA, once their set, you're done and it's go to gig, turn on and adjust monitor. It always takes me a while to get things perfect, but the end result is worth it. You can save all your hard work if anything happens too.

I have a pretty good vintage pedal collection . MXR script, block, MXR 117 , Tubescreamers, Big chip DD2, old vox pedals etc. The only time I plug them into the Kemper is to remind me that I can get the same thing in my Kemper with less nose and then put them back on the shelf. As far as stuff like a squeegetron FX or gobblegizmo envelope filter that you would use for 1 part in one song, I never wanted to spend money on pedals that I knew I would end up getting rid of for a loss.

Just wondering, does the remote get updates or is it just hardware controlled by the head that updates? I usually don't plug in the remote when in my studio so when I go to rig manager it wouldn't suggest updates if there are any. I don't want to miss anything.

CKemper posted in a discussion about clean sense :

If you want to have it locked, (clean sense) but tame volume differences of different rigs (either clean or more gain), than it is recommended to adjust this with the Rig Volume.

But.. the manual states: RIG VOLUME: Use this parameter to adjust the level of each Rig to suit a song in a set list, we don’t recommend using it to balance the levels between all the Rigs.

I tend to take directions very literally, so this seems to be a contradiction? Or am I missing something between the lines? Maybe he meant to say: "If you want to have it locked, (clean sense) but tame volume differences of different rigs in a set list...?

With this statement I'm understanding not to use rig volume to balance all rig levels (and to use amp volume ?)

So I'm a bit confused as what is the "proper way" if there is one. The "MB way" (amp volume) makes sense to me so I will likely continue that method unless there is a good reason I don't know of not to. Besides I already have my unit set up this way and I don't detect any issues.

I wanted to know this too....

In a post I was reading(Best Way to Equalize Volume Between Rigs and Performances on Kemper Stage)

Wheresthedug experimented and reported this:

"Not all FX are volume sensitive though. It is tempting to think that the Delay or Reverb would get overloaded by turning up the Amp volume but this doesn't happen.

Interesting....

And:

You can test it yourself by putting a compressor in a post Amp FX block. Raise amp volume with the compressor Off. Turn the Compressor On and observe the difference. Now do the same with either reverb or delay you shouldn’t get any difference. I believe the impact is FX type specific rather than position specific. i.e. it doesn’t matter what slot the Compressor or Delay are in the results should be the same. The alternative would be that the Fx type doesn’t matter but rather any FX in the Delay or Reverb slot wouldn’t be affected by changes in the amp volume for example a Compressor wouldn’t be affected by Amp volume changes if it was placed in the Reverb slot. I can’t remember if I tested that (I think I did but the old grey matter isn’t up to much these days ?). part of me wants to believe that it is the FX position rather than type which makes the difference as this would make sense with the ability to tap the signal after Mod or send separate Delay/Rev signal to its own output but The other version also makes intuitive sense to me so try a quick test and report back with your findings.

Repeating a couple possible scenarios:

"I believe the impact is FX type specific rather than position specific. i.e. it doesn’t matter what slot the Compressor or Delay are in the results should be the same.

The alternative would be that the Fx type doesn’t matter but rather any FX in the Delay or Reverb slot wouldn’t be affected by changes in the amp volume for example a Compressor wouldn’t be affected by Amp volume changes if it was placed in the Reverb slot."

I wonder what the official answer might be from Kemper support?

I think Silent Lucidity turned Queensryche from rockers into musicians.

They were musicians way before EMPIRE. I'm sure you've heard Operation Mindcrime. There is more musicianship there than many will most would ever achieve. Best concept album since 2112. Just saw what was left of them last week. Super great show. Played a bunch of old cuts. Queen of the reich, lady wore black, take hold of the flame etc. The singer was nailing it. I am a huge Geoff Tate fan but Todd was killing it. Better than what Geoff could do now. You just can't let yourself go...

Silent Lucidity is the only Queensryche song I cannot stand and would never want to play. I guess I just despise it because when you bring up Queensryche it's what most people know that aren't really into them. The "default" song.

He uses either the amp/cab volume

It would seem weird and unnatural in my way of thinking to turn up or down a cab. Turning an amp up or down however would be completely natural, and it works for me. I'll have to watch that again because I don't recall him mentioning cab volume to level but he for sure could have. Maybe when switching cabs with the same profile? That was a good, down to earth video. He doesn't get nerdy with it, just gets the job done well. (not that I dislike nerdy by all means).

Like this? :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or Metallica "justice". If I had to learn those bass parts I' be screwed. But I was saying this mostly from my own band experience with members using tones like that.