Posts by Dynochrome

4) Freed 50 B 6K (morph a vol boost, rev and delay boost

I went back and played this and could not stop for about an hour for leads/hvy rhthm (Dokken Ratt Whitesnake etc) I forgot how much I initally liked all the rigs he did with the KLON. Darn it, more decisions. I understand what you wrote about the HBE channel. I've had amps where the "super gain" channels didn't sound as punchy & rich. perhaps that is why the Frid pack just has a few HBE and more BE...

Thank you for taking the time to write that out & sharing. It's very interesting to see other people's methods and sounds they use and try it for your self. Your last post had me revisit some sounds, and gave me some new ideas!

You don't think it bothers anything leaving the boosts on in the chain all the time?

How do you think the rigs compare with the real thing?

Your approach is almost exactly as mine except for this. (Turning each rig into a lead sound for that tone), although as I have mentioned I use the tap button to do this as I'll punch in pedals,boosts,harmonizer etc, then want everything to to"snap back" when I hit the original button. It's just the way I have been doing it for years being a lead vocalist/lead guitarist in a 3 pc band. I usually have to come right into a vocal and can't reverse my way out of a bunch of pedals.

Love the Crank N Go as well. BE50 is a fine one in that... so all you guys who love it don't forget to check out the freebie in his blog entry here which is a BE100: MBritt Blog

That one is incredible versatile and reacts so super to tweaking of Definition and EQ. One of my very few go to profiles for all occasions, at least in Rock 8)

I'm not crazy about that one. Doesn't sound like the ones in the 50 pack to me.

That's cool! No HBE in the mix? I know a pedal will get kinda similar results boosting gain,& everyone has their own methods. At first, I really dug the KLON add ons (K) but then I started noticing how it altered the tone away from the non boosted amp, so I went to all rigs without profiled pedals and add my own later if needed. Like I said, just different methods, I'm just not used to running a pedal all the time and demand I that the amp I use does rhythm/hvy rhythm distortion on it's own, (or I wouldn't have bought it) so I kinda use the same philosophy when building Kemper rigs.

When you morph the screamer in, what screamer parameters are being morphed? Because to do that, you have to have the module on as you are aware. I haven't done that because I didn't want a pedal "in" all the time so I plan on mostly using:

BE50 Cln 4, BE1, BE2 (more gain a bit fatter) HBE1 for gainier stuff & & HBE3 for lead "shredding". (Warning:,when you start cranking the HB3 with a powerhead into a cab, it can make you maniacal with joy and you may not be going anywhere for a while)

I only am morphing mostly volume & gain boosts using the tap button because I like to be able to step on the original rig button and have everything go back to normal. That way I have one universal "boost" button that turns any rig in the performance into it's version of a lead sound, and if I say, switch on a phaser, then add a delay, then a harmonizer, I can snap right back to the starting sound with one press and no tap dancing backwards through my FX add ons!

I have another performance with acoustic sim, /13, 79 mars, Dumbl that does a bunch and from there I'll have a third bank or more for specials for songs that have particular FX or tones. Thanks for sharing your rig I always like to see how other people set up.

My digitech 1101 lets you put this into the unit globally, so even the harmonizer recognizes it so you don't have to transpose when using harmonizer functions. I LOVED that about that unit. Even though it wasn't the actual pitch, if you played an "E" scale on your guitar, you could set the harmonizer for a harmony in E and it would be correct. Since I tune 1/2 step down, it makes figuring user scales even tougher because you have to transpose everything or write it out.

My #1 request would also include that the unit see that globally, so the harmonizer recognizes that too. Digitech GSP1101 as an example.

I have been asking for an "offsettable" tuner one that if you hit your E string (which is actually tuned to Eb) reads E not Eb or D#. Many other inexpensive tuners do this. My digitech 1101 lets you put this into the unit globally, so even the harmonizer recognizes it so you don't have to transpose when using harmonizer functions. I LOVED that about that unit. Even though it wasn't the actual pitch, if you played an "E" scale on your guitar, you could set the harmonizer for a harmony in E and it would be correct. Since I tune 1/2 step down, it makes figuring user scales even tougher because you have to transpose everything or write it out.

So I guess my request would also include that the unit see that globally, so the harmonizer recognizes that too. Digitech GSP1101 as an example.

You'd need to be able to send Midi program changes and CC data. So a MIDI out port if your soundcard has it or a USB midiport, and computer software that can send MIDI data like a sequencer, virtual midipedal, or something. I'll bet there are tons of options there depending on how you want to control it and what GUI you would like to see. Some computers have some midi capabilities installed already.

I read where if you change the name to "lead" "rhythm" or "killer death ray" etc. it Keeps that name but drops in the profile. I as of yet have never changed a rig name so I can exclude that as a possible reason. I am having the same thing & opposite happen. Sometimes the name will change but the previous rig will return. I can hit the button that clears it first or drag and drop over it and it still will occasionally revert. When that happens I have found clearing performance is the only way to get it back to normal and quit popping something in there I don't want.

Similar problems are being discussed here in public forum "performance synchronization"

IMO rig manager kind of "spaces out" sometimes and looses sync. I love using it but I wish it was more dependable.

As a workaround, I've found that if I edit in RM but use save button on the device, (first looking at the KPA to make sure it reads the same as what I want to save), It hasn't failed yet.

I can't remember for sure, but I recall you are supposed to be able to jump between rigs without leaving the performance, and have all edits remain, then save the whole performance at once. Usually I possibly "oversave" and save before I switch rigs within a performance. I wish I didn't have to, but that's my fail safe until I know I can bounce around within a performance and save all at once without edits changing.

At first the Kemper is overwhelming to say the least, all the choices. The grass is always greener-or there's something better out there was always my thought at first. I've worked to it down to about 15 amps that I really like and from there to 5 amps that cover what I need aside from any specialty songs that will surely come up. All with MB CL80 cab (what is in my monitor cab too) Main amps being his Freed which I consider the best of all. Between crank n go and his free rig pack I can get pretty much everything I need from Acoustic (simulator) to funk,blues, country, classic rock to metal. ( I have some paid packs from other vendors but I like the sounds of some of his free stuff more and it seems like his all fit together well without "aural vertigo" happening through the main sends.

His free Dumble, Jubilee, Match, /13, Fux, 79 Mars are great. I have his 69 pack which is my 2nd favorite pack but I actually prefer 3 gain variations of the single free 79. It's darker and works great with single coils and the brighter Freed with humbuckers. I also found an ENGL(metal) and a Champ & a Car (not MB's)that I like. Those are the only three that aren't MB that I may use as of now. But again if I only had 1 pack, It would be Crank N go for crunch/rock/harder rock/metal. With my LP Custom /w/ 498T I can do a VERY convincing highway to hell era AC/DC with 50B1 & 2.

Everything on there is great and sounds as good as all the expensive amps I've used over the years with the exception of the Vai amp. I've played through a real one before and although it's very good, it's just seems too "stock" sounding to me (Like something I could get with a POD.) I never cared for Vai's tone anyway. His playing is great but I've always thought his tone was kinda vanilla. I even liked the DSL 40. It does a great DL "Photograph" tone. I played a real one before and to me his profile sounds better than the amp in the room.

My favorite pack. Freed is great. The High heels was surprisingly better than I thought and reminds me of a ENGL Blackmore or SE with that throaty grind. Freed Clean 4 is a good offering too that seems a part of it.. If I only had 1 pack this would be it. Too bad I had to buy a few packs from other dealers to figure that out.

To me the B2 B3 and HB1 & 3 are out of this world for feel & dynamics. Works great with all guitars!

Time to wear out that store button.

Mine gets lots of use. Eventually I will figure out a way to use RM and understand the quirks, but when I want to be sure, I'll use RM to load and the unit to save. I love working in RM and would almost do it exclusively if I could. With my ol' line 6 I used to bring a laptop out to fine tweek & perfect volume levels between sets if needed so I'm used to using the PC for editing.

If you are on a big stage in front of 6,000 people, and if you knock your guitar out farther than 1/2 step, not looking at the note name could be a real embarrassment to say the least when you quickly are firing through a set list. If the tuner is muted, you can't hear if you are on with room noise and you're not allowed to twang on your string tuning like jamming in the garage. I am actually talking about offsetting the entire grid, We tune 1/2 step down but If I hit my E string I would like the tuner to read E,A.D etc. It's not a matter of sharp and flat notes but that the note names "read" 1/2 step higher than they actually are. Many tuners do this including my $12.00 Korg.

My #1 feature request is a 1/2 step chromatically adjustable offset tuner. The Digitech GSP1101 has it for example. One where if your sounding string note is Eb it reads E on the tuner instead of D#. Great for people that detune 1/2 step like Kiss, Van halen & myself I wouldn't think this would be too tough.....

Hello, new Kemper owner here. I've had my PowerHead for a week and am loving it. The only thing I'm not loving is when I spend 15 minutes setting up a performance while connected to rig manager, go back to browser mode and lose the performance. I'm running OS 8.0.2.22186 and Rig Manager 3.0.145
    Anyone seeing this?

I have an excellent 10th gen ASUS I7 computer 16GB Ram with super stable USB ports and I often get flakey results from RM. Usually when I open the performance window then open another folder with rigs in them in another window and drag them from one to the other. Often the "save to profiler performance #( ) " will be greyed out even though I made a change and sometimes when I make an edit, and even though the button lights up, and I save the performance, go somewhere else or into browse mode I will come back and the performance changed.

I noticed if I press save on the profiler itself when in RM, it hasn't messed up yet and when I really want to be sure I do it this way. In fact I do most of the time as I have not been able to really trust saves in RM. I'll save performances in RM, all looks well then when I take the unit into my amp room, it didn't save :cursing:. Sometimes I have to click around on rigs in performances to get it to sync/pay attention again.

Sometimes if I replace a rig in a performance (that I never changed the name of) the name will change but the old rig will pop up in it. Nothing short of clearing the entire performance has remedied that when it happens yet. Luckily for me I save my FX & stomp resets as banks so getting back to where I was usually isn't that big of a problem. I like RM a lot, I just don't trust it completely to save and I always double check the profiler itself after I unplug the USB to make sure everything stuck. There seems to be some sync communication errors or "falls asleep" sometimes.

I have read the RM manual well and I don't see anything I am doing incorrectly there.

I even will press save after every edit in a rig before switching to another rig staying in the same performance. I was under the impression as long as you stayed on the performance without leaving, you could save the whole performance at once but I don't take the chance as I have had strange things happen like I mentioned. Not a deal breaker but I think there is some room for improvement with the device communication. I know USB ports can act odd easily so I'm not guaranteeing it is RM, but my USB is rock solid on every other combo I use it in.