Posts by Clanker

If you really feel the urge in getting second kemper i would go 1 rack/head and second one is stage, this way you can control the head with the stage as remote and keep it for live usage.

As about stereo rig, idk guys if you are the only guitarist in a band then 2 amps are almost essential. Look at the bands like Royal Blood where Mike Kerr sends his bass into 2 amps (1 pitch shifted up to imitate guitar) and it works great. Also guys like Adam Jones blending 3 amps to get that really thicc guitar sound. If you can afford/pull it off its great i think. Also doing stereo rig is cheaper than having another mouth to pay/feed in a band :). Definitely not for everyone though since you have to change the way songs are written/mixed among many other things.

This is a powerful feature, similar to the STL Libra vst which I use almost exclusively with the Kemper while recording (which is my only scenario with modelers) and it works great.

Would you recommend STL Libra over something like torpedo wall of sound (if you had any experience with that)?

I think the selectable/adjustable mics in the cabinet section of the QC will take the place of controls like Definition and Clarity i the Amp block, and Low/High shift in the Cab block.

most of all QC ir's if not all are done by Nolly, if you dont like how Nolly's ir's sound/voicing then you will be out of luck with this feature. Those ir's sound good for modern metal, but im not sure if i would'v used them for anything else personally, thats 100% up to taste though.

Thats being said there are other third party ir loaders that can do the same, tweak it on your pc once you dial the sound you want - export the ir file and load into any dsp/vst you want.

I'd be happy to throw up the profile, will do tomorrow! Yes I have played palm mutes when refining. I sometimes find that if you excessively focus on palm-mutes, that the lows can become even further away, so I think a good blend of low and high notes works best.

I just was making sure, Mr. Kemper posted a few pages ago that it is important to play some palm mutes when refining. Thx for sharing in advance.

Haha! I knew someone was gonna say that! The Kemper doesn't sound bad, it just sounds different. And in some cases, it would be preferable over the actual amp, that's totally a valid perspective.

Thanks for watching :)

post your profile on rig exchange for "educational" purpose (jk just gonna jam some tool tunes to it) :)

p.s have you played palm mutes when refining?

If that was truly the case (helix=fractal), everyone in vst plugin market would switch to line6 native (which is the same software as helix rack/floor), and a lot more big bands like periphery, metallica, opeth etc etc you name it would tour with helix racks instead of axe fx's. And we are not seeing it happening anywhere tbh.

This thread is getting really weird from bashing kemper/qc to bashing fractal now.

He called it that because it is, imho. That's why you pay twice as much as for the Helix for quite the same.

Fractal offers much more in terms of modeling/effects quality/quantity than helix, stomp is a bang for the buck though. But thats like saying jcm900 not worth the money because dsl20 exists (not true).

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this guy called axe fx3 *a glorified ipad* about a year ago, funny how money changes the way he speaks about digital dsp's

This surprises me because there are so many different public profiles available and it takes me a while to find the ones I like. When I say this I am even speaking of the same model of amplifier/speaker. I would think that if someone is refining with a guitar with hot pickups and another is not then that would have a bearing on the profile. Pickup height included. Of course, I have no idea and it looks like I was mistaken all along. Thanks Christoph.

Whats surprising about it, you can mic an amp in a thousand different ways and you will like like the sound only from the few of the mic placements/combinations/blends. And most of the tone comes from cabinet/how you mic it. QC capturing the same way so it will have the same problem.

Edit: My suggestion is to find ir you really like for certain tones (or get a cab), save it and use direct profiles with that ir. The only thing left will be to find amp sound you like and you are good.

In Pauld Davids comparisons and here i think both sounds so close to the actual amp where it doesnt matter anymore imo. Both can be adjusted to sound closer to the amp to preference.

You are more choosing between hardware/form factor rather than sound here. QC has more dsp can do stereo rig/multiple instruments, where something like kemper stage is more suited for live usage with all extra buttons/knobs/always on tuner/low light visibility while also being cheaper and having better effects/ability to tweak other people profiles more.

Also say what you want but modeling in QC sounds bad, not surpassing even helix. Captures are the strongest feature there.

Sounds way better with refinement through my monitors, especially on the clean sounds. QC sounds closer to the amps though.

As we keep saying, it is a great time to be a guitarist ?

yeah especially with covid, no live gigs, musicians losing jobs etc...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

To me adding a compressor to my profiles to make my Profiler sound/behave more tube like is complete BS.

Some profiles used in certain genres (e.g. clean Fenderish amps in country music) benefit from a little compression but this has NOTHING to do with sounding more tube like.

I thought it was about some compressors. ;)

I find the amp compressor turned up to 3-4 makes profiles much more responsive to the volume knob on my guitars.
    But it doesn’t behave more tube like.

I think you are absolutely right. Just tested amp compression. For me personally i think kemper reacts naturally with compression off both in the amp section and stomp one.

I plugged kemper through the loop of my tube amp and 1x12 with celestion v30 and honestly couldnt notice big difference in terms of the feel (compression was off). But thx everyone for their inputs. I think im gonna start turning off all these compressions in profiles from now own unless its a genre thing.

Still curious about the single delay though.

Ehh... One day i will learn what all the contols in the kemper do and tweaker syndrome will let me go...One day...

So i've been playing around with ToneJunkie's profiles lately i noticed he always adds compressor in his profiles. From what i heard from him it makes kemper respond a little more like a tube amp. I personally have a hard time deciding whether it does or not, so i created this thread to hear some of other people opinion on this. Also i seen a lot of profiles that make like a slight single delay right before the amp section, also would like to hear about that more. Also curious if this approach would work for high gain modern metal tones or not.

Regarding the idea that the "Kemper would allow you to have a consistent sound between live and studio" I believe it's a myth. I asked about this several times in this forum and it just doesn't seem to be the way it works, even if it was one of the biggest selling points for me, too. You need to adjust your profiles to the FOH of each venue - and that's why it's good that you can tweak them so much.

There are no analog/digital peace of gear that would magically adapt to every situation its thrown in. You always have to adjust volume/eq/sometimes even more to get the best sound.

Praised ui seems to be very limited from the Paul Davids video - whats the point in having all that touchscreen space if you cant drag/swipe/drop most of the things and it just acts as a button? Also looks like from all the demo's effects quality for 1600 price point sounding worse than helix stomp - oof.