Posts by Kueppi Bass

I know that there is a venting hole in the bottom of the KPA Stage - and this would keep clear!

BUT: can you remove the feet from the KPA Stage and reuse the screws without damaging anything?

Want to include the KPA Stage into my Pedalboard (yes using some stuffe beside it) and am not sure if I would damage it when reusing the screws that hold the feet - they might be too long?

Any experience?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Watch the Kemper Video from around 8:05 where it says "take into account pitch function must always be picked up from the heel" - which implies that what is going on with my setup is wrong - having the pitch jumping in at 100%! And no word about having to load a rig with an active pitch effect from one without an active pitch effect.

Which totally contradicts what you were saying earlier...

Also, watch from 11:20. This is the setup I tried to recreate (single pedal).

But in the Video the guy uses the pedal as Volume, shuts it down to 0 (!) switches to Wah and the sound is loud (mine stays silent), then switches to pitch and it is loud again (mine still stays silent as the Vol is a 0).

This behavior is directly different to what you wrote in one of your replies of a "frozen volume" the moment you switch on a Wah or Pitch.

Can you explain that? Or what the setting behind that has to be for the Vol?

I will stop answering here after what is my final comment:

The tutorial video for expression pedals is unclear as a minimum, when it comes to the activation of the "pitch". At least for me, it would be more preferable to have the choice that Wah and minimum Pitch will only start after going to heel position to be closer to how I know e.g. a Morley Wah, or a Whammy.

The way it works at the moment on my unit and the feedback from friends it is impractical - as a minimum for Pitch jumping 24 tones at ones when just shutting on the stomp box in an active rig - feels super unnatural for the effect, but you cannot solve it with only one expression pedal.

This programming forces you to have at least two expression pedal for a "natural workflow" with the effect, or for a Morley feel Wah; and as it is possible to have something programmed for the rig change (as described above) why can't this be a general check box to choose?

And the Forum guys should be aligned with the Hotline - telling one guy on the hotline one thing and another guy in the Forum something else makes an uncoordinated impression.

Trying to explain it as simple as possible:

Using the Kemper Stage with one Expression Pedal (Zoom FP02M).

Connected to input 3 - out of the box setting "Wah".

Setting Wah to Vol and Wah to Pitch is activated.

When I have the Volume on 100% and activate the pitch or Wah stomp they are on 100% each - means, the pitch is up 1 or 2 octaves, depending on the effect in toe position, when switching on e.g. stomp A.

When I switch the stomp off the Vol stays at 100%, even if the Pedal is set to 50%.

I watched the Kemper Expression Pedal Tutorial (German and English) several times now, and they only make the example with Morph to Wah and Pitch and they state that "the pedal has to be brought to heel position after switching on the stomp, before the effect is active". Which is not the case for me currently. But I have to move the expression pedal after switching of the stomp to make it a volume pedal again...?

My goal is:

Having Volume on 100%, switching on a Wah or Pitch stomp, but nothing changes.

Moving the expression pedal to heel and from there the Pitch and/or Wah starts working.

Moving the expression pedal back to heel (or where ever) and switching of the stomp - effect is off, but volume is not affected.

Moving the expression pedal IF I want to change the volume now.

As an Update:

The Kemper stage decided to start up again when I wanted to try to reset it. But before I could do anything it was back in the "update loop" for 60 seconds and then fired up with the new OS installed (7.5.x),

It worked for 2-3 hours flawlessly, could connect to Rig Manager and I could record.

But in the middle of the recording it stopped showing some profiles in the display, it changed from bolt to thin letter (back and forth), and at the end the display went off, as did all the knobs and buttons.

I couldn't even shut it off!

But I still had the last sound...

Kemper Support came back to me and said that it is a hardware issue and I have to get it exchanged by my dealer...

Really not a good start for me and Kemper.

:(:cursing:

Habe den Support nun kontaktiert. Ich habe ein paar Bekannter (Gitarristen) die alle auf den Kemper schwören, und daher war ich Feuer und Flamme das auszuprobieren. In anderen Foren und zB auf Facebook wurde mir bestätigt, dass die Kinderkrankheiten des Stage behoben seien...

Aber ich bin gerade echt super enttäuscht. Das hatte ich mir alles anders vorgestellt.

Hi everybody / Hallo zusammen,

I received the Kemper Profiler Stage last Tuesday and connected it to the Rig Manager for the first time today.

It said to update the OS and that it would do that for me. But nothing happened for maybe 30 minutes.

I played around with the expression pedal to see the tuner go on and off while I was waiting - and than Rig Manager said that the USB connection between my MBP2012 and the KPA was not stable. So I decided to do the Update manually with a USB stick - as per the documentation.

But I ended up with what you can see in the video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That thing is going back for sure. The display seemed to be switching coloring on its own from the get go and the head-phone out sounded strange. But that update thing is killing the experience for me completely.

Was planned to integrate my 3 Bass setups for bands and to jam around on guitar at home.

Are the rack or the toaster any better?