Posts by 4d9c16ccdf8a51f88b3f3e7126597918eadbe798

hey Toni, you had helped me out in my thread a few days ago.. I am actually thinking about setting up duplicate profiles - 1 set for monitoring at home and practice w/ Kabinets and another set for live FOH sound created from the monitoring/practice set but tweaked. So I don't have to do any editing for live purposes. Also plan on getting an FRFR for the purposes of creating this set.

Thanks Toni, that makes sense.. I was really hoping that with the imprint technology and Kones, I'd be able to get close to the FOH sound with these as monitors. I have the Rokit 5s as well :)

My situation is that we aren't gigging at the moment so I was wondering if I should configure my Stage with profiles that sound good through the Kabinet so I can get a good home and rehearsal sound and then duplicate the profiles I use in separate performances and tweak them for a good FOH sound.

Hello everyone, recently sold my 2x12 cab and running direct from my Stage to my Studio monitors.

I am planning to get a better solution so I don't stick with my 5'' studio monitors for playing.

I am considering a few different routes.

1. Powered Kabinet is the obvious choice - my concerns are that 1) it's a 1x12 only and wouldn't feel as tight and big as a 2x12, 2) Sound might not be exactly what FOH would get even with the most closely matched imprints (not a huge concern atm since not gigging atm)

2. Like the sound of the 2x12 Harley Benton vertical cab and replace the V30s with the Kones. Downside is I'll need a power amp and might make my solution bulky to carry. Is Kemper coming out with a 2x12 ? lol would love that.

3. A good FRFR. I'm not sure if I'll enjoy this since I like the amp-in-the-room sound but maybe I'm prejudging. I have been playing through cabs for 15+years

Penny for thoughts?

How do you place these?

Do you use Stereo delays or reverbs? If so, I think you might be only getting partial of these from the Right channel only. Additionally, you're getting more of a Stereo feel with this setup rather than Wet/Dry setup since your Wet channel also has the Dry component

Have you tried setting Main Out to be DLY/REV Wet and using mono delays/reverbs? If you can give that a shot for a couple of minutes.. would really appreciate your findings.

I'm thinking of a cheaper FRFR for the Delays/Reverbs since that channel is rarely active, only when Delays/Reverbs are actually working.

Yeah.. apologies if I wasn't clear. The manual had thrown me off a bit - "only the wet stereo effect signal..". And I figured I'll just stick with using mono delays and reverbs if DLY/Rev Wet works with a mono signal. Per my test, I think it does..

If you have been following the thread, my aim has been to run a wet-dry rig with my Stage. As Burkhard pointed out, I cannot do so with 2 Power Kabinets. So I will run an FRFR from Main Out (DLY-Rev Wet), Kabinet from Monitor Out (Mod Mono), and use Send 1 (Master Mono) if I need to send it to FOH and they only have 1 channel for me because the sound guy is cranky about something.

You also need a poweramp to drive the Mesa Cab.

Stage -> Monitor Out (Monitor Cab Off) -> Power Amp -> Mesa 2x12

Stage -> Main Out (set to Master Mono) -> FOH

Just a note that what you monitor through the cab, which is your on-stage presence, will not sound the same as FOH because FOH has the cabinet as part of the sound and this cabinet may be different than a Mesa 2x12 depending on the profile.

Spark is a stereo monitor by blueamps.

https://www.en.blueamps.de/products/spark/

Using a reverb in mono will have much more impact on the perceived sound than using a full range system for the wet and a guitarspeaker for the stack.

Thank you, this answers all my questions :) One last thing I wanted to ask was about the "DLY/REV Wet" setting for Mains

Only the wet stereo effect signal of the delay and reverb located in the modules DLY and REV are sent to the output. If no delay or reverb is active, the output will remain silent.

only available for stereo outputs

If I'm not using any Stereo Delay or Reverbs, what would the Mains L&R output?

Thanks, that helps. What's the Spark monitor? Couldn't find much online about it..

And apologies, degradation wasn't the right word.. I was wondering if a stereo monitor running Wet would blend well with the Dry out of the Kone. Guessing because the former isn't an amp-in-the-room sound while the latter is an actual cabinet.

Regards

you need a Kabinet for the mono stack sound and a stereo full range solution for the main outputs that deliver the delay/reverb wet signal.

That could be two active FRFR monitors or a single one with 2 speakers wired in stereo.

Thank you. This is an interesting approach.. my goal is to definitely have 1 Dry signal so it doesn't get lost. With your suggestion -

I won't have the space for 2 additional monitors, 1 cab with 2 speakers in stereo makes sense,

1. Would it sound weird if there is no stereo separation?

2. The speaker would be different than the Kone, would this degrade the sound?

3. How do I send this FOH?
    4. Can I use 2 TS mono to 1 TS mono plug (y cable) and use it with a single powered 1x12? The stereo would be lost but that's ok, my priority is getting the Dry good and controlling the level of wet to liking

Wet/Dry is not possible with KEMPER Power Kabinets, because you have only one output with KEMPER Kone Mode: MONITOR OUTPUT. And this output can only have one output source at a time.

If you had two other full-range cabinets, you could establich wet/dry/dry/wet running the MONITOR OUTPUT with "Stack" or "Mod Stereo" (and KEMPER Kone Mode) and the MAIN OUTPUT with "DLY/REV wet" into your other two powered full-range cabinets.

Glad I posted this topic before buying the 2 Kabinets. Thank you for the advice. This stuff is a little new to me so please bear with me as I ask stupid questions.. ! Any chance I can do a W/D with a Kabinet and a powered full-range cab?

Hello everyone,

I have read much material on setting this up in Kemper though I have a couple of questions.

As far as I understand, I will need to set the Monitor Out to Stack (or Mod mono)

And the Reverbs/Delays to 100% Wet.

What do I use for Main Outs? If I use Dly/Rvb then that outputs a Stereo signal but I only have 1 cab getting "wet" (lol)

If I use Master Mono then that cab will get everything. What's the correct way to approach this?

For Dly/Rvb, I'm not sure what this means exactly and how that's different from Master Mono. I've read the manual but a little unclear. Does the amp stack not get applied using the former?

Lastly, how do you recommend setting up the placement of the cabs. Far apart, stuck together and closeby?

Thank you for taking the time.