Posts by Kaschko

I know that in the top right, where it says the profiles name, I can click on the name and type in a new one. However, I don't know how to save it. I have the option "duplicate", "store in profiler" / "store in local library" and "store rig". But none of these option do the trick. Whatever I click, I get a copy of the profile under the old name. Very confusing.

I'm tired of renaming it in the machine itself since it takes forever...

aber als ich die Input Buchse berührt habe, hat es wieder funktioniert.

Klingt verdächtig nach einem Wackelkontakt.

Ansonsten auch immer mal wieder “init globals” durchführen, wenn ein Problem auftaucht. Häufig verstellt man etwas aus Versehen und kann den Fehler nicht finden. Aber wie gesagt,

deine Erklärung deutet auf Wackelkontakt an der Inputbuchse.

for spring reverb I would record it at source as it is more of specific guitar effect than a full mix reverb. For plate, room, hall, I just use Space designer in Logic X but I am far from being a reverb expert.

That’s what I thought, thanks!

Hey, I’m thinking about the same type of workflow at the moment. If it’s generally not advisable to record reverb, what reverb plugin do you guys recommend? I’m looking mainly for a good spring and plate. Using Logic, too.

Thanks!

TheSystem Hi! It really is a matter of taste, of course. But in general, I prefer profiles that are open sounding and allow good dynamics with my guitar's volume knobs. Not all of them do that, not even those of some more famous profilers. Picking profiles I'd also go with amps that traditionally work well with pedals. I tried out Fender Deluxe Reverbs, Fender Bassmans and Pro Reverbs as well as Marshall 50w Plexis and Marshall Bluesbreakers. They all work well but each one tells a different story.

If you go to the rig exchange, search for the profiles from Martin Suijs. He has a 71 Plexi and a Deluxe Reverb that both work really well with pedals (and are generally amazing profiles, better than most you can buy, really). I'd pick a profile that has around 2.5 or 3 gain and then lower the gain to 2. (Generally it works better to lower gain on profiles than raising it). There's some sort of sweet spot around 2 to use profiles with fuzzes - but that of course depends on your guitar. I play a Gibson with P90s.

If the profile is slightly breaking up, it's usually pretty good for Fuzz. Your Silicone fuzz, like my Tone Bender, should clean up very nicely. I usually pick a profile where I like the sound of my guitar without effects around 9-10 on the volume knob, but usually, I then lower the volume on my guitar some steps to use my fuzz in its sweet spot. It's always great if there's some room up and down on the volume knob.

Hope that helps.

Update: I received my Boss TB-2W pedal now and can confirm my Kemper never sounded better. Cannot compare it with a real valve amp pushed at the moment, but if that's the sound of "Fuzz doesn't work" I'm okay with whatever is broken.

It depends on what sound you want. Reverb has a stronger effect in front of the amp. Imagine a reverb pedal with no FX loop and compare that to a reverb after the amp, like a plate reverb in a studio.

Reverb before the amp takes the entire effect into the amp section instead of just adding reverb to the output of that amp section.

The entire mix sits further back, like a good live recording. But I still doubt you need a “full equipped studio”.
    As far as I know most Kemper profiles are close miced and it’s impossible to turn them into a room mic. But a reverb in front of the amp, some Space and concert hall reverb will get you there. Hi cut EQ and less mids will help as well. Stereo widener set to 0.7 works wonders, too.

Maybe Stu is talking about profiling amp + fuzz pedals doesn't work ("trying to put fuzz into a Kemper, using it as a pedal platform - doesn't work").

"Using it as a pedal platform" he means using a profile including a profiled fuzz is not working, so they are using the built in fuzz.

It is known you don't get good results usually profiling fuzz pedals.

Good theory!

I've discovered your profiles today on the rig manager. Just wow. Honestly, I only tried them for a day, but they might be the best I've heard so far, and I've bought many many packs looking for the right sound. One of the many reasons I like them so much is that they sound great with both the speakers but also through the Kemper Kabinet with speaker imprints. It's in many ways what I've been looking for, so BIG THANK YOU!

I really think you found a genius method here. You should keep making profiles this way, hell, you could open up an entire online store for profiles. (But please don't, it's amazing that they're free! 8))

I've a couple of questions though and was wondering if you could help me out.

1. The only thing that surprised me about the profiles is their brightness. I have to turn the treble knob quite a bit down on my P90 Les Paul Special. It's a bright guitar but I would assume your strat is even brighter.

I was wondering how you use your guitar on these profiles. Do you maybe have the volume rolled down a few steps and that's why they have this amount of treble?

It's no biggie, of course. Once I roll the treble down they're warm and have a perfect EQ.

2. The IR for your DR simulates a CTS-C12 speaker. Could you say which speakers the Plexi and the 64 Bassman IR simulates? I'm just curious and it helps to pick the right speaker imprint.

3. You placed to EQs in your profiles, one in front and one after the amp. How do you use these two? Is the first one meant to adjust for humbuckers?

Anyways, thanks again, you rock!

maybe for this reason? dunno though.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was thinking about that. But that would just mean you can't roll the volume back. Their statement sounded a bit bigger.

I love it when people throw out statements like the one in the video thinking it's self-explanatory...

I recently came across this video. At the 1:53 minute mark, they say that, "If you plug a fuzz pedal into the Kemper and use it as a pedal platform, it doesn't work."

Here's the link:

Tone Junkie video

I was interested: Why is that? And do you all agree?

I am waiting for a shipment of a new fuzz pedal and this annoys me a bit since I don't have a real tube amp here to compare the pedal's action to. So I'll never know if it works correctly or not.

What I know is that my real Big Muff works differently from the Kemper Muff. I can dial them in to sound almost the same but only with lots of tweaking. The real Big Muff suggests other sounds than the Kemper effect, if that makes sense. It also reacts differently, sounds more organic, albeit it's almost too much to bear.

What are your thoughts on this issue? Is it generally not worth using real pedals with the Kemper or does this problem only exist with fuzz pedals?