Posts by floyd99

This sort of weirdness is common. Rig Manager sync is notoriously buggy - something Kemper seems unwilling to acknowledge or rectify.

During programming sessions I often have to restart RM or unplug/replug part way through the session as it will all of a sudden start doing exactly this sort of behaviour. RM and the hardware get all confused between themselves and weird stuff happens.

Really wish this would get sorted.

Hi, im just trying to run my stage in stereo, my setup was this:

running 2 channels on pa panned each on L and R. kemper out on the main outs with mono cables

do you guys have another ways to run in stereo?

no, what you’ve done is correct. (Providing main outs on Kemper were set to master stereo in the output section).

There is no “single cable stereo output” on the Kemper.. they’re analog outputs.

In “master stereo” mode, the main out XLR’s are left and right and you then pan those two channels at the PA.

You don’t need to use a DI.

The Kemper has xlr balanced outputs already. You can configure those outputs to be whatever you like (full affected signal, dry signal, etc etc).

It also has Monitor outputs (1/4”) you can feed to powered speakers. This can also be configured for various similar options, and the volume adjusted independent for foldback.

So do I. that’s what I have described. What you’re describing is a USB-C to USB-A dongle. That’s what I have too. Then, like me, you’re using a USB to USB-B (the square port) cable to connect to the kemper.

That’s not what the original poster described.

They said they have a cable directly from Kemper to MacAir (no mention of dongles/adapters), which leads us to think they’re attempting to use a USB-C to USB-A cable and plugging into the normal USB port of the Kemper (not the square one), which will not work.

The reason for this assumption is a USB-C to USB-B direct cable without dongles would be an unusual cable to have lying around for a typical person.

I have a MAC Air and a stage just like the OP and use the USB converter dongle that apple sells (overpriced but hey) and it works fine.

I use a USB-C to USB-A (the normal usb) adaptor (or a USB hub), then a USB to USB-B cable (same as used for most USB printers). Both items easily found at any decent electronics/computers/office supply type stores

As shown by the previous response and the diagram.. if you’re using a USB-C to USB-A cable and plugging into the normal USB port on the Stage, that won’t work. That port is for USB STICK only.

OK no offence folks, but need official Kemper response.

burkard ?

Yes i have 'beta versions' ticked. But no, this version did not say it was beta, nor does the 'about' window.

The kemper website has no betas.

I really wish Kemper would put "beta" or "B" in the version number/filename so its highly obvious.

In any case, still confused. Has someone at Kemper pushed a release they shouldn't have?

Website latest version is 3.2.57

RM asked to update last night and it downloaded 3.2.65

I also have a 3.2.63 in my previous downloads archive. these are both later than the current website version.

So- which version is the current stable and why did RM download a version that isn’t posted about on the website or mentioned in the forum

2. The Kemper software is updated. I have the helix and a Stage. Both serve me well. I find the Kemper sounds better.

3. Effects are fine, no complaints so far

4. No problem. I’ve done this before. Yes it’ll sound fine in those HD600 headphones

6. Never had a hardware issue so far. forums are not a good indication - there would be thousands of users out in the world without issues who won’t post on forums. has pretty much all the same features plus a few the larger units don’t have.

7. Fine. Studio very easy when on headphones. Rehearsal when using a powered speaker may need some tweaking of the Output EQ and levels etc but that’s the same for every digital system.

Bahh .. is there a way to switch this feature off?

It's quite handy having slots retain their state changes when connected to Rig Manager - but... it also happens when connected to the iPad RM.

I want to disable this.

Because - it remembers stomp states. So I want to have iPad RM connected during rehearsals to be able to make on-the-fly tweaks... but if i hit a stomp, then change slots.. then make a change on iPad to say a volume level and hit the 'store' button - it will save the performance as a whole which includes the fact i switched on a stomp in previously selected Rig.

REALLY need to be able to turn this feature off - as handy as it is when programming at home, it's gonna drive me mad at rehearsal.

I’ve recently started using stereo patches and running stereo to foh but it’s only really for my personal benefit. Just sounds so much better in my headphones and my enjoyment is better.

For the shows I do which is theatre - audience are all seated - the foh auditorium mix is usually completely mono. Sometimes the vocals will be sent to a centre cluster but the band is almost always mono. The only real exception is for rare special effect if there’s surround sound as well and some ping-ponging of a specific sound (in which case it would be bouncing around the room, not just left/right). The reason is pretty obvious - if they start hard panning instruments to one side (or substantial panning), entire sections of the audience won’t hear those instruments properly - if at all.

if the audio design/mix is good, then you can generally hear everything that’s going on, even in mono.

hey folks, does anyone have any basic "real world" performances they can share?

i'm talking generic every day wedding cover band, one stop shop.. type of gig you could easily do every song using perhaps a single performance.

not heavy metal... not ambient p&w..

i'm really just keen to see what other people are doing in their rigs in a real world scenario. i'm getting some good sounds from my kemper but i'm still learning and really just keen to see how other folks are doing it, for some inspiration and comparison.

no offence to the rig exchange but it's really full of mostly unusable stuff.

I would really like the ability to copy and paste in rig manager.

on everything.. effect blocks, amp blocks, cab blocks etc.

in the same rig. between rigs. between performances. etc etc.

I realise you can drag and drop out to make a 'preset' and then drag back in, but that adds extra steps. a simple copy/paste - ctrl c/v etc is so natural to everyone as a workflow.. it would just be nice to have that ability available.

I think anyone who develops software these days does so with a framework that supports many different operating systems.

Whether it's classic something like QT or JUCE or something else. I myself work on client server WEB apps (Pyton / C ++ and Go) for various companies, and today all of them use e.g. "Docker" as a runtime environment. All manufacturers have to deliver mobile phone apps as well.

So today it is no longer a problem to program for different operating systems if you use the right technology.

sorry mate, but I don't think it's so simple.

if it was, then every software product under the sun would be written to work on every operating system and the premise of your post wouldn't be relevant. Clearly, it's not.. coz the vast majority of applications do not work in linux :)

sure some of the underlying stuff might work, but there's so many other variables at play and interdependencies.

like I said, market share of user base for linux is so small it's not worth noting. So why would developers bother.

there's an entire massive thread on this topic elsewhere... you're dreaming. Gotta be realistic and think from a commercial perspective. There's no chance. Linux isn't mainstream for "general public / non-IT savvy people" and doubt ever will be. It's been around longer than time itself and hasn't so far.. so can't see it magically happening now. Windows 10 will be around quite a while yet and by the time its gone end of life most users will have moved on and upgraded. Computers have a much shorter shelf life than they used to and software companies rely on a good chunk of consumers getting bored and replacing with the latest and greatest. Not everyone does of course, but most do. Geez, I just replaced both my Mac's and they were only 4 years old :P. Did I need to? No. Did I want to? Hell yeah .. the new M1 chip is amazing! :)

So why would developers waste their precious resources, that have to be prioritised, on a platform used by a tiny fraction of the user base. There's so many more important things to be focusing on that impact a much larger portion of the customers.

You can argue and ask software developers all you like but the reality is I just don't see it ever happening. Particularly when to do so may require hiring new developers etc.. why would they spend that kind of money.