Posts by floyd99

I have my Stage up off the floor at home on a laptop stand next to me - at desk height, on a slight angle. Works a treat.

I have the expression pedals at my feet using longer cables.. including a small foot switch for incrementing rigs/performances.

Rig Manager is up on the computer and I’m finding I’m using it more and more.. but I do still interact with the Stage from time to time.

Thanks. Got the wah going through input 1. Now, I have to figure out how to have the wah off when the pedal is up, and on when down. It's the opposite now.

again, read the manual. this isn’t hard.

In the wah settings block there is a parameter for exactly this. There’s various options for bypass settings.

Have you tried reading the manual ? ;) coz it’s covered in there

Press the PEDAL button

for pedal 1, which is the very first screen, set the pedal function to wah.

Couldn’t be simpler or more intuitive.

I agree some things on kemper can be a bit weird to get your head around but this isn’t one of them.

Also make sure you’re using a TRS cable.

Ps. If you go to the “introduce yourself” forum section, close to the top is my post titled “running through sounds for Next To Normal”.

If the second track.. see if you can spot when I’m changing rigs. Just in that short sample I change about 5 or 6 times.. and that’s using browser mode, not performance mode. I am very conscious of when I’m hitting the button.. always pre-empt the change, and factor it in my playing too.

That’s a completely normal delay. Changes will never be instant - an issue of all similar digital systems. Think of what it’s doing in the background. It has to load a whole new sound.

You just have to learn to use it. Don’t press the button on the moment you want the new sound to be heard, press the button a fraction ahead.

In the mix of the band absolutely no one other than you would notice such a minuscule change.

I agree it’s annoying but you do get used to it and learn when to hit the button to minimise the effect.

For anyone interested.. been doing some programming for a season of the musical Next To Normal.. although not sure when it will actually be staged, has been postponed twice already :(

as it turns out, all 3 of these happen to be using the Morgan AC20 rampecco profile.. with or without Green Scream in front.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

umm no offence but have you read the manual? ofcourse you can save.

there's a store button on the unit.. press it 3 times to save the current performance without changing its name etc.

in rig manager, there's a store button.

changes are lost when you switch performances, so u must save before you change performances.

I do theatre shows - and not yet done any "normal" cover band type gigs with my kemper.

I came from using a helix and I do prefer the Kemper. Both in terms of how it sounds and the ease of actually creating those sounds - given I do program every single sound change for the show as an entirely new rig.. so this is actually very important. So far I've pretty much stuck to using the same couple of profiles for everything.. a clean one, a crunchy one and a solo one , with various incarnations of those. I haven't really experimented with lots of different profiles as I just can't be bothered! Although I've kept the helix for certain situations... firstly so I've got a second rig in case I need it, but also because the 'stomp box' mode on helix is very useful for once-off gigs where I don't know what I'll need and just want to run in old fashioned pedal board mode and make everything up on the fly with some tap dancing. This is much more difficult on Kemper and requires "pre-planning". Sometimes I just can't be bothered.

At home I have some basic studio monitors and that's what I use to create my sounds. For rehearsals, I use a QSC K10 , and at the shows themselves I'm completely on headphones. I originally was really nervous about using Kemper for the first time. I found I really had to dial some EQ in the monitor output to get rid of bass and boomy sound, coz without doing so it sounded pretty horrid. However, it only related to that environment and the QSC, and after some EQ'ing I was pretty happy. For the shows themselves, my FOH output EQ is flat with none of those adjustments, and I went and spoke to the audio team after sound checks and they said it sounded fantastic through the PA. They showed me my channel strip on the FOH desk and not only did they not make those same changes for FOH that I did for the QSC, they actually had a bit of a 'smiley face' EQ going on where they had even slightly boosted the bass rather than the pretty dramatic cuts that I had to make. So I learned very quickly to just trust the sounds I'm creating at home.. and not be afraid to tinker with the monitor EQ for rehearsal to get a good sound in that environment. I've now done a couple of shows with Kemper in that way and it's awesome. I've got many compliments on how good I'm sounding.

Your dhcp config on router looks fine.

The kemper showing a 169 address means it’s actually not being handed an IP address. 169 is a dummy address, all devices do this when they can’t obtain a proper address from dhcp server.

Have you got a laptop you can plug directly into the router via Ethernet? Physically Turn off the wifi on laptop so you’re only seeing the LAN connection. Then check laptop to see if it’s getting an address. This will just rule out and prove that the LAN DHCP is working as it should and thereby suggest an issue at the kemper side.

Please can we can more effects slots…

even if they’re “software only” ones with no associated switches if any kind.

Particularly post.

on every rig I’d have a post EQ, Stereo Widener and Reverb. That leaves me basically one post effect slot I can actually use for anything else (and it’s usually got a delay). So if I want a post boost or stereo chorus for example I’m stuck and need to remove something.

This is such a huge limitation.

Pleasseeeee!!

No real thoughts on your request.. sounds like a good idea.

but, curious why you’re saying you have to carry a profiler around? If you’ve already got two kempers and the rehearsal location has internet.. why aren’t you just exporting and storing stuff in a cloud storage like OneDrive..?

sure not as useful as your feature request - but a heck of a lot easier than carrying a profiler back and forth.

great hear floyd99 ?

Only thin I would suggest is configuring an UP and Down button just in case you accidentally go one Rig too far forward in the heat of a show.

For this type of functionality you can even use a simple Two Button momentary switch that does need midi or power and costs next to nothing.

agree.

Yep, i've configured the midi for long press to go backwards :)

and yes definitely a two button footswitch would be simpler. I just happened to have a midi one so thought i'd try it out.

OK i thought i'd have a play with this as i've been meaning to for ages.. using Browser mode instead of Performance mode. For me this might actually be very useful. Thought you'd be interested.

one thing i thought of was - really need to be able to combine rigs for certain shows and know what show they are for.. the only way i could think to do that was to use the "Author" field. So if i made the Author field the name of the show.. and then on Kemper you can filter to that Author (would be great if there was more flexibility on this filter.. but i guess this will work). That will give me just the rigs for that show. And if they have numbers at the start, that means they'll be in sequence order.

Then i happen to have a midi controller that i got for doing something similar on my helix.. so i just gave that a quick shot and it works (configured to mimic the "UP" button. The nice thing is the power coming out of the USB port on the Kemper seems to supply enough voltage to power it too - so i might not need a separate power supply! That's rather neat..!!

Recorded a quick vid showing the above;

https://youtu.be/t0D4GlUuIhE

For your specific requirement you may be better off using browser mode instead of performance mode.

Name the rigs with a number at the start (01, 02 03 etc ) so the sorting has them in order. In system settings turn on the “single rig” instead of “group of 5”.

Then just keep hitting NEXT / UP.

Inserting in the middle you could name it 02a XXX which would place it after 02 once sorted.

I’ve actually contemplated doing this for theatre shows with sequential patches but haven’t tried it as yet.

If this worked, you could ditch the Stage at your feet all together and just have a single button midi controller at your feet to increment up.