Posts by floyd99

So this is going to sound lame but I have the stage profiler and I cant find these settings in it. The manual for the stage profiler doesn't appear to have that either. I am having the same issue and cant seem to figure out how to set Main Output to Master Stereo nor find the Headphone Space to tick off. Gah. Will just keep trying. Anyone out there know how to use the stage profiler to do this. I cant find help online for it. Also I am using two XLR outs from MAIN OUTS to Duet interface. That should be fine I think.

press the OUTPUT button.

It’s all there. Couldn’t be simpler.

Hi all, I'm preparing my performances for a show and I need to insert a rig into a performance shuffling all the other subsequent slots up one to preserve the work I've done so far. My (admittedly limited) experience as a programmer suggests to me that this is a simple operation to code, basically adding an element to an array and moving all the elements after the new one up but I can't find a way to make it work in RM. Am I missing something basic here?

You can’t I don’t think. you need to reorder first to make the free slot.

Obviously you can only insert a slot if you have 4 or less slots in use of the given performance. In which case you need to individually move/shuffle/reorder (whatever term you like) across one slot position to create the free slot.

I don’t understand the difference though.

I have read many of your posts and know that you have very specific needs due to the nature of theatre shows. Most of the things you need, and the way you use the system, would cause my brain to explode (I’m a really simple guy). However, having read your explanations I totally understand why your workflow is necessary for the type of work you do. I have massive respect for players like yourself who do those gigs. In this instance I am just trying to understand how “scenes” differ from the current KPA version.

I think the others have explained it.

But basically instead of the foot switches being tied to a particular effect block, they instead are recalling the on/off state of a number (or to keep it simpler, maybe ALL) effects blocks. Helix refers to this concept as snapshots - it’s a snapshot of the state of the effects at a “point in time”.

Running latest Rig Manager (Mac OS) and latest KPA firmware - This still doesn't appear to work, can't Copy/Paste multiple performances to Profiler from Local Library. Bit of a PIA tbh as I work with multiple bands and set lists and having to copy one performance (song) at a time is well, rather time consuming.

How do I highlight this to Kemper / add a feature request - although its not really a feature request as it used to work.

I was just about to write “yes you can” and then realised.. I think I’ve only ever done this the other direction - from Profiler to RM.. which definitely works . I’ve only just started using Kemper in the context of multiple shows so haven’t needed to do it the other way YET.

I just tried it from RM and you’re right. Highlighting multiple Performances in RM and then either copy / paste OR click and drag (using a second RM window) to MyProfiler does not work.

then I thought, ok let’s be sneaky - I’ll import the performances from file system (as I back them up to folders on disk). Nope - you can’t import to Profiler, only to RM !

wtf… this is going to drive me nuts.

burkard are we missing something fundamental?

why can’t we click/drag or copy/paste multiple performances to a “starting” perf position and then it asks “are you really sure you want to overwrite XX performances?” And sequentially imports? (This is what other modellers do).

Ps burkard i have raised a similar feature request for the iPad app.. a “performance mode” view to basically do the exact same thing. Perhaps tapping the screen would take you back to the editor. This would be soooo incredibly useful.

If you find the Rig Name in the dark box distracting, what is wrong about the other layout A without Rig Name and with Performance Name in the dark box?

one layout has rig name.
    one layout doesn’t have rig name but has top row consumed by stomp boxes.

I’d like a third option. Take the latter one above, remove the stomp boxes in the top line and use the now available screen space more. Make the Performance # and Name larger. Make the Slot name boxes bigger.

This just goes to show how wide of a variety of people use a Kemper.

absolutely :)

For me, I do theatre shows. Every piece of music is it’s own performance (regardless if that performance has only one rig slot used or all 5).. so that could be say 35-40 odd performances for one show.
    They’re sequential and just keep hitting “up”. Basically every time there’s a sound change, I’m pressing either a slot or the performance up button and the change is marked in the chart.
    The same rig sounds would keep re-appearing many times- it’s not like every single slot of every performance is totally unique. But having every sound change as it’s own slot means they can be tweaked if necessary (particularly level) to avoid riding the volume pedal and so the sounds are 100% consistent night after night.

Importing 125 Performances would be a time consuming process! Every time you import the next Performance you have to decide on which location. I am not able to remember whether I imported Performance "Little Wing" on 36 or 37 or perhapst at postition 89.

I think we will find many themes in the forum "Bug: Import overwrote my Performance 89. It happened after Update to firmware 9.8.1.1"

I don’t disagree :)

But at least having the option. Sure, the chance of copying lots of performances is unlikely… but a small number..

Exporting a Performance to USB flash drive is logically relatively simple, but importing Performances opens a few logical challenges.

Exporting would be a good start. Importing I think is quite do-able. Select, prompt for which Perf Location to send to (displaying the current Perf Location names in a list), and have a confirmation if you're importing to a location that already had a valid performance.

Is organizing Rigs and Performances in folders on the front panel (PROFILER Stage on the floor?) really practical and efficient? Especially if you deal with big numbers, if - as mentioned - 125 Performances are not sufficient?

I would organize my Performances in folders in Rig Manager and set up different backups for each band, which do include Performances in line with set lists, but also input and output routing in line with each band's technical environment. Then before a gig just restore the corresponding backup.

burkard

With respect that doesn’t solve all requirements. I do appreciate that does work in some situations and would work for some things.

Without speaking on behalf of the OP or risking taking off topic - a missing core function is the simple ability to move performances on and off using a USB stick.

I really need to be able to copy (back up) performances without rig manager after I’ve made tweaks at a show. Performing a Full backup is too cumbersome (takes way too long), doesn’t allow me to bring the USB home and load up those backed up performances onto my computer, and doesn’t allow me to restore individual performances to the Stage should I want to.

This would be a great start.

We’ll….you can manage performances on the unit.

Use it all the time in rehearsal.

and it’s super clunky.
    how might you do that for multiple bands, multiple sets.. without a computer. 128 performances is not a lot. I don’t understand why you can’t at least move performances back and forth via USB.

And the OP uses MIDI.

Again just take a look at how helix as an example manages this in both setlists, folders, midi assignment, manipulation and moving things around etc and you’ll see why Kemper is so far behind in this particular regard.

Everyone has an opinion. Using terms like “100 times better” and “Huge flaw” are just annoying.

and thanks for yours ?

to me, not being able to manage performances / set lists / etc without the aid of a computer is indeed a massive flaw. Particularly given the system and software has been around for 10+ years.. would have though this would be possible by now.

Maybe not a big deal to you, and that’s ok.

I mention Helix because it would be great if the kemper software developers actually looked at what other (newer systems) are doing and maybe get some ideas on how things could be done better with respect to the user experience. I love Kemper so far - but the workflow and user interfaces leave a lot to be desired.