Posts by PixelMav

Decided to record one of my favorite Van Halen songs, A.F.U. (Naturally Wired) from the OU812 album. This is actually one of Eddie's more difficult songs to play because of the intro. I also think this is one of Van Halen best tracks period. The whole band just kicks ass in this song.

There are no guitars or bass from the original track in this mix. I use Izotope RX-8 to extract the vocals and drums from the mix. This time the drums don't sound great. If the guitar and drums share too many freqs it has a hard time.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My Gear

Guitar - EVH Wolfgang Special 2016
    Pickups - Pariah Pasadena Series "White"
    Amp - Kemper Profiler (guitar & bass)

Recording Software - Performer Lite

My version of Def Leppard's Gods of War and Photograph using the Kemper Profiler. Only the vocals and drums are from the original track. No guitars or bass from the original are in the mix.

Gods of War

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Photograph

Thanks! Those are Arcade1Up machines. They are 3/4 scale and weigh about 60 lbs. I custom built the light marques to make them look better though. You can't have an arcade machine without a lighted marque! :)

I'm new to the whole Kemper thing. I've only had the unit for about 5 months but I am SUPER impressed with how it sounds. Now that I have had some time to mess around with it, I decided to start a YouTube channel and share some of my recordings. I'm a huge Eddie Van Halen fan so I thought I would start there. Instead of posting them all separately and clog up the forum, I've included all the VH stuff in this one thread.

I play the guitar and bass on all these tracks using the Kemper. No guitar or bass from the original tracks are in the mix.

Guitar - EVH Wolfgang Special 2016

Pickups - Pariah Pasadena Series "White"

Amp - Kemper Profiler with modified Top Jimi Profile

Recording Software - Performer Lite

Van Halen - Panama

External Content youtu.be

Van Halen - 5150

Van Halen - Hot for Teacher

Van Halen - Runnin with the Devil