Posts by necrosato

I would love to be able to browse the rig exchange on mobile and load rigs into my profiler or player while I'm at my buddy's place jamming. I feel like I always leave there saying, "gotta look for X when I get back to the computer". This would really unlock the potential of the player as well IMO.

I'm sure you could as a programming hobbyist, but as a guitarist, you have settings from 0.0 to 10.0 to create new effects. ;)

I'm not so sure I can as a programming hobbyist... or professional. The effect algorithms themselves seem to be baked into the firmware :( RM only allows the parameters to be exported - as you mean; values between 0-10. I checked this by exporting the effect presets from RM and inspecting the output.

So it seems like the answer to my question, for now, is no.

I believe this is a reasonable request. Although I am not a SW developer I imagine it would not require an enormous resource drain. I would use it and as Wheresthedug described, I enjoy the command center philosophy.

I *am* a SW developer, and I am pretty sure this would take someone no more than a day to implement... KPA already has metronome functionality built out to support timing based effects... just attach a sample to it! Make it a new "effect".

I've got a kemper kab on the way, super stoked to get my hands on it. I know that its got an in an out on the back, is the out a series or parallel out? It seems like it wouldn't make sense for it to be parallel since its already a 4 ohm cab.

Resistance aside, is there any advantage to running two besides obvious volume increase/instagram pic?

you did not press the Save Performance button, did you?

Not on the KPA, yes in RM. I'm going to start doing this religiously. Even so, I feel like RM has some work to do. Some series of actions eventually will get me a performance that's messed up enough to fail to copy off the KPA into RM. If only I could nail down exactly what caused it. I've also had situations where I copy the performance out of the KPA to a local folder, after I've made some changes but am still in performance mode. To my despair I see a copy of the reverted performance later on :/

There seems to be some sync communication errors or "falls asleep" sometimes.

Thanks for the in depth response, and I agree. KPA and RM work well on their own, but there seems to be some race conditions when they're used together to work on the same files, which is a shame. I often like navigating the big menus and dragging rigs from RM directly into a performance on my KPA, then using the front panel to make tweaks since I don't like the RM gui editor as much as the physical knobs.

Time to wear out that store button.

Hello, new Kemper owner here. I've had my PowerHead for a week and am loving it. The only thing I'm not loving is when I spend 15 minutes setting up a performance while connected to rig manager, go back to browser mode and lose the performance. I'm running OS 8.0.2.22186 and Rig Manager 3.0.145
    Anyone seeing this?

Exactly. Hypothetically because kemper has no security implementations that I know of, the implementation would have to lie in the clever construction of the rig file itself. Which my limited knowledge of cryptography tells me is not possible without changing properties of the file that either render it unusable or are trivially bypassed.

I will preface this post by saying I am a cyber security enthusiast and will take no sides regarding the ethical debate on sharing profiles, free or commercial. This is a thread for technical discussion for the sake of learning.

I came upon an interesting advertisement: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Offic…-JMP-Aldrich/323060279865

I noticed at the bottom of the ad there was this:
    After purchase you'll receive a copyright protected specially encoded copy of the profile via E-mail, you will need a Kemper Profiling Amplifier with firmware 4.0 or newer to use this! If you need multiples of the same profile for multiple Kempers please let me know, please do not share these as each file is encoded to the buyer so we will know who it was sold to if it ever ends up on a pirate torrent or other type of pirate site.

I was immediately skeptical. So a quick google led me to: http://www.groomednoodlers.com….php?f=20&t=2247&start=10
    where EXPcustom claims "I got a way to encode the file to the specific customer that buys the file so if one ends up on a torrent site or is somehow shared globally I can find out who did it..."

My immediate thought was to embed something in a text metadata field, generate the hash and store a database of the hash to the customer. But this is just as easy to work around as it is to implement.

Without any under the hood, Kemper implemented profile validation, eventually one has to get a single file to load into the KPA. As soon as you have that it's game over in my mind.

Are the claims of tracking down pirates just a big bluff? Or do they do something with the hash and hope nobody changes anything? Anyone else have any thoughts?