Posts by LeeWhitMan11

I am not the least bit concerned with speaker/cabinet IR’s. The cabs that are profiled are enough. The ones I want are nice for acoustic guitar if you can’t do a mic in a live setting. Before the amp block would be better. There are some good preamps that have been profiled.

I would love to be able to put an IR in any of the 8 effects slots. Would open up a lot of possibilities. Acoustic IR's, Electric IR's, Reverb IR's.

I have tried about a half dozen powered FRFR monitors with my non-powered Stage (and before that, a non-powered toaster) and just hate the sound and feel. I won't get into the brands or models, but most have been really better quality.

Got a Kemper Kone and put it into a Mojotone 1x12 open back cabinet and by FAR prefer it to anything else that I have tried so far. My thoughts and a question: When you hear the Kemper through the main house speakers, there is an additional thing factored into the equation. The preamp in the board. I am thinking that this really makes a considerable difference (for the better). I am one of the people that really dislike the actual sound of the direct into FRFR thing. Just seems too sterol. The Kone makes things way better to my ears. It's not about moving air and shaking my pantlegs with me. I don't enjoy loud stage volumes. (Which may explain why I hear better that most musicians I know. LOL) BTW, I am using a ISP Stealth Power Amplifier Pro, since my Stage needs power.

Anyway, I bet that a nice tube preamp, a pedal with a transformer, or just a good mixer preamp in general may just be the major improvement that some, such as myself, want when using a FRFR solution. At any rate, I love my Kone way beyond anything else that I have tried for a personal, on stage monitor. I haven't even spent serious time with the speaker sims. Some of you guys and gals seem to like that even better.

Thoughts?