Posts by marc4045

Totally agree with your sentiment. I too was a 70s hippie and went through Fender heavy picks like water. Ton of great picks, everyone has their favorite and swears by them. Loves Torte , Dunlop - had a real thing for Claytons.

Then things changed. A friend of mine was a guy named John McGann He started the Americana / bluegrass program at Berkelee college of music. He was a long time friend and jamming buddy (brilliant too. Sadly he passed away probably close to 10 years ago). Anyway , about 12 years ago or so I was picking with him at a jam session, and he was wowed by this amazing pick he was turned onto. He asked me try his Blue Chip. It was like an out of body experience- sounds dumb, I know, but it was for me in some weird way. It is the pick of choice by far away n the flatpick (bluegrass) guitar and Mando world. sure there was will more and even better picks coming down the pike.

Bluechip picks - end of story

Yeah, wicked expensive. So are bows for a Stradivarius. Right now, nothing is in the same position inverse as Bluechip. If ( and it is a big if -you don’t lose it - they have been made a color that verrryyy difficult to find, especially in the dark) that one pick will last you and all of your decedents until the end of time and it will be as perfect as the day you bought it. Ridiculous.

Smooth, no string noise, somehow don’t slip in your hand even when held very lightly - and feel great in-your hand Tone for days!

ok, $35.... but so worth it!