Posts by FlochAngus

Personally still using and buying pedals! As much as I love the simplicity and wide range of effects offered by the kemper, I still prefer the reverb sounds I get from my Specular Tempus… and things that the kemper cannot do as of today like my Hologram Microcosm can (I effing love this pedal). Currently pulling the trigger on a Meris Mercury 7 by the way.
    for live setup it’s almost always the profiler alone but for recordings/composing/noodling, I feel much more free with additional pedals. That being said, I don’t feel the need to buy external ODs, compressors and so on

Hi Guys!

Just saw that Selah Sounds released a new Acoustic Pack. I bought the first one and whilst I'm still not yet fully happy with the results I get with my acoustic guitar (but I don't blame the profiles, I think that the piezo from the Martin DJR, and my settings, might be part of the problem though), it remains my "go to" pack for live as far as acoustic profiles are concerned .

Anyway I just wanted to know if some of you have tested this new pack and, if yes, if you are happy with it, compared to the Pack #1!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Thanks Netheravon for the feedback, it is quite reassuring !!

There are a few demos out there but this specific model does not seem widespread! I've asked for a quote for the Whiskey Barrel / SS pickups configuration. This guitar is absolutely splendid ! I was wondering by the way, the website says that both the neck and the body have a "satin" finish. I was wondering if that was Nitro or Poly (or is it a stupid question?) ?

Thanks a lot again for your feedbacks guys!

These are real beauties Mattes !! thanks for the feedback and the advice !! The representative from Thomann is fishing for quotes at the moment. Still secretly hope that they will come up with a killer price on the Modern T but the chances are thin I think (the USD/EUR exchange rate is really interesting for us in EU but every shop tend to apply at least a "1 USD for 1 EUR" rate, or worse) !

The classic T (non Antique) seems to have a "standard" vintage neck profile but I really don't know what difference it will make to me (My current 2 electric guitars are a Pacifica 611 and a SA2200, both Yamaha then, so different feelings as far as the neck is concerned)

Thank you so much for the feedback! It's exactly what I wanted and needed to hear!

Even though it "might" be great, I feel like it would not be a fully reasonable and thoughtful choice for a first Suhr, especially without being able to test it before!

I will then focus on the classic T series (have asked Thomann a quote for the Modern T... theoretically above my price range.... but we never know, if something great happens!) !

Thanks a lot again for your help!

Hi Guys!

I've been planning for quite some time to add a T type guitar to my collection, and I've narrowed down my options to 3 (Suhr) models in my price range : Classic T, Classic T Antique and Paulownia.

Aside from the differences between Antique and Non Antique (I like the light aging but I'm kind of scared of the playing feeling with the neck finish, never tried it and heard that the nitro can give some stickiness to it...) I'm slightly attracted to the specs of the Paulownia (Roasted Maple Neck on top of the list, dark grey color at the bottom) but I struggle to find feedbacks on this particular setup.

To be frank, I've heard nothing but praises about Suhr guitars, hence my shortlist (this will be my most expensive shovel and I expect it to become my number 1, for gigs and at home) but :

- living in France/EU, we have limited options as far as Suhr guitars are concerned (and between lockdowns and stock shortage, test drive may not be an option) and this particular model is available at Thomann (cannot explain the huge price difference between the Classic T and the Paulownia on the website though)

- I read/heard someone saying that his Classic T Paulownia (the guy's specific model) was a bit muddy, too muddy to be used (and he had to return it). I imagine that this may be an individual case but it's one of the only comments I could find.

Anyway, if some of you have one, tried one, had one, I would be really grateful if you could give me your comments/feedback about it. Even though buying a Suhr guitar never seems to be risky, if it's not conclusive I would play it safe and stick to the Classic T!

Sorry for the loooong message and thanks a lot in advance guys!

Thanks for your feedbacks ! That's exactly my concerns :) I did not think about the price of patch cables when setting up such a pedalboard though!

Keeping it simple and separated might be the cheapest and easiest solution : The kemper in its own case, the chain of effects in a second one, and an acoustic rig aside if needed (may be even cheaper to buy specific pedals for the acoustic part instead of trying to make it all work in a huge setup with a Mastermind and tons of cables!) thanks again guys!

Hello Guys !

I've been scratching my head for a couple of weeks / months over this question. I'm a fairly new user of the Kemper (end of 2020) and I'm loving it so far! I play both electric and acoustic guitar (at home, for recordings, and on stage) and freaking love using 3rd party pedals (even though the built in effects are really good, I still use pedals). Whilst the standalone Kemper makes a perfect job for an all-in-one situation, I still prefer running my "gig ready" acoustic guitar (Martin D Jr) through the Aura Spectrum DI. I've bought some acoustic profiles (Selah sound) and they do the job and maybe it's just a tweaking question but I still feel more comfortable with the Aura device.

Anyway, my goal is to built a "big" pedalboard running two separates inputs/chains of sound into one chain of effects (really sorry if I use incorrect terms). I made a quick and ugly diagram of what I had in mind and I was wondering, if, from your perspective, it seemed easily achievable or if it would be too big/complicated/expensive for what it is supposed to be. I've been scrolling pages of "switches" online, pedalboards, etc... but I have no experience whatsoever in building pedalboards. Only got my previous one which had the Aura, a Specular Tempus from GFI, a Microcosm Hologram and a Boss RC 30 on it.

Sorry again if it feels dumb, I'm just still making my mind on this and would gladly appreciate the feedback from the community.

Thanks a lot!

Got the same message (or similar ones) regularly, sometimes when linked to the RM, sometimes with a pedalboard link, sometimes on standalone, both in performance and browser modes... Even got one on stage a few seconds before a streamed concert last week! always work (fairly quickly) when rebooted but it can be worrying if it was to happen during a song/between songs. It freezes the settings/profile but impossible to switch profiles. I really wonder if I made something wrong in the updates or if this is something that can be corrected via an update.

Sorry I took some time to play a bit more and to see how it goes... lately I had various crashes too, with and without the Rig Manager. Yesterday had the Kemper "on" for about 3/4 hours and it crashed on a standalone setup once or twice (only linked to my pedalboard), and one or two times today too but with the Rig Manager connected while I was working on Performances. Does not seem to cause too much discomfort as I had no problem during concerts at the moment... And it's back on track fairly quickly once rebooted...

Also, strangely yesterday and today, my sound was crackling loudly when I powered on the stage (was on an acoustic profile with a Martin DJR)... Like a strong saturated electric noise (not gain, really crackling noise). Had also to reboot to get back my normal smooth sound. I guess that's still part of the small glitches we have with the last updates (as they are quite new) ! Thanks for the feedback guys !

Hi there! Got a similar message a second time today. Had to shut down everything to go to work but it seemed to work fine afterward. I was also connected to the rig manager (both times) and had some changes in colors on the screen (switching from the normal one I set up to a green-ish yellow a couple of times)

Anything to worry about?