Posts by angeljohng

If you're basing your sound from the 8" Headrush.....yeah.....Through a set of EVs is going to sound different.

The Headrush stuff isn't bad (it's actually quite good).....but that could be one issue to consider.

Another thing is that I might get a better sound feel by pointing the headrush speaker to my feet like I do with an actual amp...

I know we all have different tastes, equipment (PA) and use scenarios (style of music, size of band, venue etc) but that definitely hasn’t been my experience. I have always found that the live sound with the Kemper is the best live sound I’ve ever had and spound guys generally love it when I give then a single XLR out and say “I’m good to go”. Most sound guys I’ve worked with also say it works great live and sits in the mix better than my real amp (partly because I’m able to keep the stage volume lower and still get a great sound so the onstage amp sound doesn’t restrict their mixing options as much). I did a gig on Saturday with my Powered Head and a Kabinet at low volume on stage so the rest of the band had something to work with but not so loud that it made the horns complain (which is a unique experience 🤣) and had most pf my own on stage sound via my In Ears. Once you get used to that there’s really no going back.

I wonder if the issue you are experiencing is more self doubt than reality. Our minds often play tricks on us and we start to hear problems that aren’t actually there. What did the audience and sound guy think?

Now that you say that its funny because when I hear the recordings from peoples phones.. the guitar sounds really good.. It's the experience Im having behind the speakers.. haha.. it's so hard to explain

Are you going straight to PA and without a cab? Maybe you need a cab or maybe you need a better PA with 12'' speakers, or even with a sub so you don't sound thin.

Im going straight to the PA without a cab.. I only have a Headrush 8 speaker in front of me in the floor. The mixer is pretty decent and the speakers are EV 12's.. pretty decent speakers as well... we also have a EV sub

When setting up a live tone you would want to set them up at gig volume. If you're using studio monitors, a powered speaker or headphones.....the sound *will* be different. There is no escaping that.

What is it about the distortions that sound wrong? Too much bass/mids/treble? How are you achieving the distortion? All amp distortion? Amp at breakup with pedals? Clean amp with pedals?

Hello... the overdrive sounds doesn't sound real. Sometimes they sound muddy.. sometimes harsh.. they get lost in the mix//

Hello everybody.. Im in my second Kemper Stage because the first time I had one I couldn’t get a good sound live. A few years went by and I thought about giving the Kemper another try. Before getting the Kemper I was using a Fender Blues Jr. with a very nice pedal board with some nice overdrive pedals, a Morley Wah and a carbon copy delay. The tone live with that is perfect… so now with the Kemper I have the following thoughts. I got some Michael Britts packs and started building my own performance to perform live. I usually connect the Kemper to my computer and go direct to Logic Pro so I can setup my performance. When I do this I get an amazing awesome tones. Im like.. If the guitar sounds like this live Im sold… Well, it wasn’t the case. When I bring the Kemper to play live and use the same performance / rigs.. it doesn’t sound as amazing as in my studio setup. That’s my only complain with the Kemper because everything else is awesome. Why this happens.. why is it so hard to dial a good tone in the Kemper to play live. In the studio es amazing.. I’ve asked other friends that use Kempers live and everybody has a different answer. Do I need to have a sound engineer at my gigs to setup a nice to in the Kemper?.. How can I finally achieve a good tone for live performances. Usually the cleans are not the problem.. is the overdrive sounds the ones that tend to sound weird. Anyway, I hope to get some insights and some help because I don’t want to give up on the Kemper easy. I really love the convenience of bringing just the Kemper and plug in direct to the PA..

Hello...

Im gonna be using my kemper stage live and the PA we use needs to have phantom power on. Unfortunately when you turn the phantom power on it goes to all XLR inputs. I've read that this won't damage the Kemper but I was wondering if this affects the tone or if it's better to have a DI Box between the Kemper and the PA... Kemper--> DI Box--> PA.

Hello,

It's gonna be my first month using the Kemper Stage live and Im loving it.. I was wondering if there is a good sounding Stevie Ray Vaughan rig out there.. I have a few SRV songs in our playlist and I would like to get as close I can with the sound.

Thanks

Hello,

So today a friend of mine was telling me about the transpose feature in the Kemper and I was curious about it. In the band that I play I bring 2 guitars so I can play in standard tuning and half step down with the other guitar. My friend was telling me that I don't have to bring 2 guitars.. all I need is the transpose feature in the Kemper but... can I have that feature assigned to one of the stomp buttons so I can activated on any of my 5 presets?.. Another question is... does it sounds good (real)... thanks!

Hello.. everytime I send a line from my Kemper main out to PA or front of house the sound guys always tells me my signal is too hot. Is there a setting I need to verify?..

Thanks

This is a cover to one of my favorite songs from my guitar hero Joe Satriani. Recorded in Garageband with a PRS Custom 22 and Kemper Stage.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Opposite. If you get good tone "with" FRFR speakers at home then the FOH sound will be the same. Your audience will hear the same tone as you (relatively speaking). The output mains will go to FOH. But if you go to plug in monitor output to a powered stage speaker or a powered cab then that sound would be colored if it's not a FRFR. Just know that all FRFR speakers are not equal, and even the same exact speaker types can "sound" a little different.

Sorry, I forgot to hit the "reply" button on this the other day. :pinch:

So what would be the correct way to connect.. From the Kemper to my FRFR speaker and from the FRFR to FOH (mono)?.. or stereo from Kemper to FOH and monitor out to my FRFR speaker

One of my instrumental songs before 2020 ends. I wish everybody a happy new year.. My first instrumental CD coming up this 2021. Here is a taste. Enjoy!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Both headphones and regular speakers will add bass. The only way to really tell how "bassy" a rig sounds is to use FRFR speaker/monitors. However, you still should be able to dial in a good tone no matter what speaker you use. Just use EQ. But that probably won't translate to a good tone for recording, and if you happen to swap over from one speaker type to another you will hear a big difference in tone in a negative way.

So doesn't matter how good I get a guitar tone in my house with an FRFR speaker when I go to a gig it will sound different through the PA?