Posts by Deepnote

Hello everyone,

I recently used my Kemper Stage for the first time during a studio rehearsal and ran it in stereo with XLR connections through the PA system directly.

To be honest, I was disappointed with the sound coming from the cabinets; it sounded nothing like what I'm accustomed to hearing at home.

While the clean and cranked sounds were somewhat satisfactory, the high-gain tones came across as artificial and "plastic."

I felt like my guitar sound was getting lost in the overall mix of the band, especially since the other guitarist was using a mic'd amplifier.

At home, I've used purchased profiles from well-known artists, and they sound amazing through my amp and headphones.

The recorded sound is excellent as well. However, the live experience was significantly different.

I've already read and watched numerous articles and videos but only came across some recommendations to set the main output between -12dB to -18dB.

However, I don't think it's as simple as that, as I spent the rehearsal tweaking all the parameters in vain.

The mixer used was the Behringer X32 Rack, in case that makes any difference.

Could anyone provide me with some parameters to check or hints?

Is it possible that the mixer or the cabinets are of poor quality and can't accurately reproduce what the Kemper is sending?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

I have been using Kemper Stage and Rig Manager for more than two weeks now. I have lost several times the edits that I did on RM and firstly I thought that I did something wrong. Then I have realized that the mistakes are occurring randomly under the same conditions. It seems like the Rig Manager is disconnecting from time to time. In general, no matter how many times I am pressing to "Store the preset" button the changes do not reflect in the profiler. Sometimes (because I do not see the preset on the device) I am also pressing the soft "store" button and bum the preset in the RM is gone. Several times my "stored" rigs were overwritten mysteriously with the last preset that I just had a look at. I have faced too many errors of different types so I am pretty sure that this case is well known by the Kemper Team. Hope that we will receive a solid solution with more reliable software...

I have been using Kemper Stage and Rig Manager for more than two weeks now. I have lost several times the edits that I did on RM and firstly I thought that I did something wrong. Then I have realized that the mistakes are occurring randomly under the same conditions. It seems like the Rig Manager is disconnecting from time to time. In general, no matter how many times I am pressing to "Store the preset" button the changes do not reflect in the profiler. Sometimes (because I do not see the preset on the device) I am also pressing the soft "store" button and bum the preset in the RM is gone. Several times my "stored" rigs were overwritten mysteriously with the last preset that I just had a look at. I have faced too many errors of different types so I am pretty sure that this case is well known by the Kemper Team. Hope that we will receive a solid solution with more reliable software...