Posts by tekanna

There are so many profiles of the same amp that sounds so different from each other. I tend to go back to my own profiles because I know how my Engl amp should sound. I have never owned a Tri or Dual Rectifier for example, but I enjoy playing those profiles because of their bottom end and aggressive top end.

In many profiles I have to up the "power sagging" a lot so I get that dynamic feel when playing. It doesn't alter the sound of the profile but makes it feel different(or more "real").

Dialing down the gain on profiles thins the sound out too much to my liking(if you do big moves with the gainknob). So if you want less gain, find a profile that is lower in gain to start, I find that it works better to up the gain(if you have to) than lowering it.

Dialing in clarity and direct mix can help with fullness and brightness in profiles sometimes I've found. But dont go crazy with it. 0.2-0.5 on direct mix and 1.5-5 on clarity.

On some profiles I load in a third party IR to see if I like it more. Maybe not helping much in your case with the FRFR speaker.

Also. Recorded guitar has WAY less gain than you think they have. Many years ago when I figured this out it blew my mind how differently we percieve guitar gain when we stand in front of the amp or listening to the recording or someone else playing. So when you say "dripping with gain", it probably isnt a lot to be honest :)

Hope this helps!

Just made some profiles today and I have specifically created a profile that's called "Newprofile" that I start off with. When I'm done making a profile I simply name it "Newprofile" plus a number, like so: Newprofile2. Then I make changes in rig manager afterwards, like adding compression etc.

The thing is, if rig manager is open when I store the newly made profile on the kemper, it replaces "Newprofile" with "Newprofile2". Not until I restart rig manager is both profiles there. It's a really weird bug.