Posts by Jerry Horizon

Okay, I see the complexity of your work environment.

We also use Inear-Monitoring, the bandhelper metronome (set to full left output) and sample tracks (left output: click track, right output: samples).

Each song in bandhelper starts with a count off (one...two...one-two-three-four), then either just the metronome or the sample track.

We have in mind to let midi do the switching of sounds (guitars, keyboards) within the songs but haven't come far.

Maybe unlearn we must what learned we have.

I saw Metallica use Fractal but never tried it myself.

I also can't use the Home Network Mode because WPS doesn't work. I tried it a few days and then gave up. I don't expect this to work in version 1.0 but it would be cool if there will be other ways to make it work in the future.

We also use BANDHELPER and it rules big time.

When selecting the next song in a set list in BANDHELPER, the app automatically sends a midi message to a wireless bluetooth adapter (that "whippinpost91850" recommended a few months ago) so that the corresponding slot in the performance mode is enabled. The small bluetooth adapter is connected to the midi jacks of the Kemper Stage and activated by tapping on the midi menu button in the top menu of the set list view.

The midi presets in BANDHELPER are easy to create when you follow the midi implementation in the kemper manual, you just have to edit your layout by activating the option to automatically send midi messages on selecting a song. Some forget this and wonder why nothing happens. You can even chose how many midi presets should be sent because there might be other devices to be fed with midi simultaneously.

The midi presets I created in BANDHELPER for the Stage are named like this:

Profiler P001*S1

Profiler P021*S4

"P" stands for Performance and "S" for slot.

The whole band uses midi presets so the first part of the name always is the device to keep it in order.

I started with naming midi presets like songs but found out that a simple reference to the place in the device is better.

BANDHELPER shows me the name of the midi preset right under the name of the song in my layout so that i can manually find the exact performance number and slot in case the midi transmission might fail.

You can use 100 (performances) x 5 (slots) = 500 midi presets .... that should do for some time. Right now there's just two songs left in our repertoire that use more than one slot. For all the other ones I'm fine with using one slot, the morph function and the FX buttons. Each song just one slot.

Thanks for your replies!

Have you ever tried using MIDI CC messages with BandHelper?

The program changes are easy to handle, but one of my goals was to have one wet guitar sound preset for most solos where I wanted to change only the tempo via CC message. The use of delays is quite easy if your band has a drummer who plays with a click so that everybody can save the matching delay settings for his sound presets.

Has anyone used control changes with BandHelper?

We're using BandHelper for a few years now, and every musician has his own iPad with the BandHelper app to control his gear via midi. When selecting a song in a setlist, BandHelper automatically sends midi messages to the guitar Amps, keyboard and a drum module to change sound presets and tempos. Works like a charm.

Now that I switched from a GrandMeister Deluxe40 to a Kemper Profiler with a remote, I want to do the same but I still think how to do it best.

Before I used a MIDI interface with MIDI cables.

What Bluetooth to MIDI devices do you use and how stable are they?

Which are stage proof?

Hallo!

Ich habe meinen Kemper erst ein paar Tage und bin wahrscheinlich noch nicht ganz fit.

Mein Kemper Profiler Rack funktionierte nach dem Auspacken einwandfrei, und mit dem neuesten RIG MANAGER 3.0.145 habe ich nach Anmeldung bei RIG EXCHANGE - verbunden über USB mit meinem iMac - das Gerät auch am selben Tag noch auf die neueste Software updaten können.

Das heutige Update 8.0.3.23702 aber nimmt der Profiler nicht an. Habe es mehrmals versucht, auch über einen Laptop. Runtergeladen wird es, aber beim Überspielen der Software auf den Kemper bricht es irgendwann mit einer Fehlermeldung ab.

Nun habe ich einige Rigs umbenannt, z.B. einen Dill-Sound in "Enter Sandmann". Gestern war mir aufgefallen, dass derselbe Sound im Profiler und im RIG MANAGER unterschiedliche Namen hatte, obwohl die ja eigentlich permanent synchronisiert werden. Kann das ein Grund für den Abbruch des Updates sein?