Posts by KellyMidiMurphy

Yes lightbox

I have not upgraded to the beta version yet. I will wait until the bugs get worked out out.

But, when I do, I suggest the following:

If the beta version is having problems....

Before you uninstall (remove) all previous versions, make sure you run a backup first.
    When you finally reinstall original version and then the beta, restore from your backup.

Make sense?

The default level of Power Amp Boost is +6 dB. From there you can either decrease towards 0 dB or increase up to +12 dB. If we would change the scale from -6dB to +6 dB that wouldn't make any practical difference.

Thank you Burkhard,

The Main output can be reduced by 12dB and it is very useful for my sound man for his mix and slider positions. I was hoping that we could have the same functionality for the monitor outs as we do for the Main Outs.

This would allow me to have the Master Volume knob, which I link to monitor out, have its sweet spot closer to the 12 o’clock position instead of a few clicks off mute.

I have already decreased the Power Amp Boost to 0 dB.

My powered rack is too loud for stage volume through my Kabinet. I end up running my main volume knob about 3-5 ticks from mute.

FYI: Main output has a setting to cut 12db. That has come in handy since my sound man said my output was clipping his channel.

I wish there could be a setting to reduce my poweramp output by at least 20db. That way my volume knob would have more travel before I shatter windows.

Make sense?

Is there any other way to reduce the poweramp SPL (sound pressure level) going to my Kabinet?

would you want ALL the presets to show? I.E. everything that is in your Profiler and everything that is in Rig Manager. Just everything in the Profiler ? Or Just everything in Rig Manager? Would it be better to have the ability to only show favourite presets in the right click menu?

I am thinking showing everything from the Profiler and RM. That way I can easily experiment and test out presets so I can determine what my favorites are. Once I determine my favs, I would be all for showing only favs with my right click.

For example: While in Rig Mangler (3.0.145) , If I add a phaser, I get a "Standard" phaser. But on my KPA, I see one called Eddy along with other phaser presets.

Same with a wah pedal. Rig manager does not show all the optional Wah presets that are in my KPA.

Do I need to do some sort of update or copy to Rig Manager to get them all, or is that the way it works?

Thank you Paults,

I run two XLRs to FOH, and one quarter inch from my powered KPA speaker out that to goes through my Heil and then to my Kabinet. The button on my Heil toggles between pass through mode or sends the signal to my tube.

I can handle stomping on the Heil to make it work but, I don’t know where in this situation your suggestion of a switch box would go.

Question:

Is there a way that I could send a “mute” command to the main volume output (FOH) of the KPA?

Perhaps take an unused button on my KPA Remote and send something like a toggle MIDI command to mute main volume but keep my monitor volume unaltered. Example: stomp once to mute and once again to unmute.

This would work for an unpowered KPA.

But I have a powered rack going to my Kabinet on the back line.
    I use the old style Heil talkbox, so I could just place it between my KPA monitor out and my Kabinet. Just like I’ve done since the 80s.
    But, when I kick in the talkbox, how do I kill the main outs going to FOH?

So I played around with turning the Monitor Cab on or off. I could really tell the difference. I got the famous "sounds like a blanket over the speaker" when not running in FRFR.

However, while I was playing around, I decided to try some of the speaker imprints. I WAS AMAZED!

Many of my go to profiles sounded better using the imprint instead of the FRFR setting. Using the imprints made my backline Kabinet sound much better and more like "amp in the room".

I also found out that CLEAN sounds were not as affected when comparing different imprints. MEDIUM TO HIGH GAIN sounds really sounded different depending on the imprint you are using.

My favorite imprint so far is the "Green Back" But, I am still exploring.

Here is the link from the Kemper page that describes each imprint. https://www.kemper-amps.com/speaker-imprints

If you have not played around with the imprints, be sure you do. They are a gamechanger.

I’ve read this thread several times and still am confused.
    I have a powered KPA and a Kemper Kabinet on my back line.
    I want to hear what FOH gets with a high quality studio profile.

So,

I should not use imprints on my Kabinet? Right?

For me to hear what FOH gets, I should set the Kabinet to FRFR? Right?
    How do I do that?

Or, on the other hand, is running the Kabinet with FRFR not accomplishing the “amp in the room” effect that many players miss?

Thank you Bayou,

I am not that concerned with running stereo to FOH.

But I want stereo for my stage monitors because I enjoy a wide sound even though the audience will not get the effect.

So, to restate....

If I take the output of the powered rack and go to Kabinet left, that will be for one side of my stage monitors. I want to use a Powerstage amp and another Kabinet for my right side stereo stage monitor.

Is this possible? And, how would I hook that up to take advantage of the built in KPA stereo effects?

I have been using the Ground Control Pro with GCX for about 15 years. It did everything I need in my old rack of gear.

It appears that trying to make the GCP do everything the Kemper remote can do is difficult. One of these things is morphing.

Should I switch to the Kemper Remote or try to make the GCP work?

By the way, I've been through both of the Voodoo labs and the Kemper forums.

I am thinking of keeping the GCP to control the rest of my midi setup and use the Kemper Remote exclusively for my KPA.

Make sense?

ST

Are you using the Bose gear for a solo gig or for your KPA stage monitors in a full band?