Posts by algorithm1010

What's the deal with artists being so private with their Kemper profiles? And why? There are countless artists that use Kemper products - from Tears for Fears, to Alex Skolnick, to Steve Winwood, to Muse - yet trying to track down what profiles they use is kept private. Why? Even if they are paid profiles, why would the artist not share those profiles? I personally find this a major frustrating drawback to Kemper products with this exposure; trying to hunt down profiles that seem one would think would want to be shared.

With that said, are there any profiles anyone has found that an artist uses - or has used (paid or not), that they're willing to share? Maybe we can all help each other if the artists won't directly.

Javikoo Thought you would appreciate this recent video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At the :38 mark, they indicate that this was also because of the video camera's shutter speed. I also previously though this was a feature from Kemper. Missed opportunity and one they should add IMHO

I'm a guitarist but just got a new bass.

Can I play the bass out of my Kemper Kabinet through my Kemper Head (not powered)? I know the Kemper Head is fine to handle the bass so the real question is should I go out of the Kemper Kabinet from the Head? Should I do it? Is it not recommended? If not, presumably it would be a better recommendation to go through a bass cabinet from my Kemper Head?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I recently purchased a profile pack where one of the profilers has the Wah Wah stomp set up as part of the rig, even though it is grayed out by fault. Yet, no matter how much I've tried (manually through my Kemper Profiler Head or through my MeloAudio MIDI Commander Foot Controller) I can't seem to figure out how to activate the wah wah stomp.

When I push the stomp button to turn it "on", nothing seems to change. When I toggle switches on my guitar, nothing seems to change. When I click on it to activate it and make it live through Rig Manager, nothing seems to change.

Any basic advice on what I'm clearly not doing?

As always, I appreciate the forums' input.

Thank you Wheresthedug and Sollazzon . Much appreciated! Ironically, I was actually eyeing up the FCB1010 as you both have mentioned. While I'd love to eventually get the Remote, its just not in the budget right now.

Sollazzon Knowing you spent an afternoon to program it, its is a major pain to simply assign different rig profiles to each foot preset? That's all I'm really looking to do with it (i.e. foot preset 1 = clean; foot preset 2 = high gain; etc).

Hi all,

I have the Kemper Profiler Head (unpowered; not the PowerHead). As opposed to the Kemper Remote controller, are there any other Foot Controller's out there in the community that are recommended for my Kemper Head? Just looking for some ideas. Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

I'm frustrated. I am NOT a gear head. I just want to play guitar and want it to sound amazing. I'm fortunately at a point in my life where I could spend a little bit on a product so I bought the Kemper Profiler HEAD (NOT the PowerHead). I only use headphones while playing and for obvious reasons this gets tiring and is limiting. So I wanted to get a speaker/amp/cabinet so I could no longer use just headphones. I previously asked this here in another forum question but failed to bring up this very important point.

Embarrassingly, I just purchased the Kemper Kabinet, thinking this would be the best reproduction of sound yet only after reading and watching YouTube vids, I've again, embarrassingly, realized my Profiler Head will NOT power this Kemper Kabinet. I'm correct in my thinking, right? The Kabinet will not work with just the HEAD, right?

This then leads to my next question. What should I buy? I literally JUST want to hear all these awesome rigs without wearing headphones. That's it. That's all. I'm not going to play live; I'm not going to tour; I'm not become a YouTube star and upload videos. I literally just want to have fun playing guitar, using these great variety of rigs, with the speaker sound coming back at me as awesomely as possible.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. The online store (a very popular one) is easily allowing me to return the Kabinet and suggested the Headrush FRFR-112 2000-watt 1x12" Powered Guitar Cabinet. Another other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Since everyone continues to be so helpful, I have a few more questions:

1. I'm never going to tour (or probably even play live again) so I just want everything to sound great in a small room setting. I have the Kemper Profiler and I'm currently mostly playing through headphones. What output device should I get? Monitors? A cabinet?
      1. Monitors seem to win out in more forum threads I've been reading. If that's the general consensus, are there are any great recommendations that don't break the bank? I've been trying to read up on the powered studio monitors; FRFR; and then options like the Yamaha DXR-10, Headrush 108, HS8s, JBL306's. My head is spinning from all the options and variances. Any guidance or direction to take? I just want everything to sound true to the rig and have fun playing through the Profiler. Nothing more.
    2. I want to play along with backing tracks or drum tracks through the said output devices mentioned above (i.e. monitors or cabinet). What's the best way to do that if they are primarily running through the profiler? Is that advisable? Is that possible? If not, presumably through other speakers?
    3. If I ever wanted to record, how do I get started with that? Filter everything through my Kemper and then a laptop into the recording application of my choice?

Thank you all for entertaining my newbie questions in advance!

If you are looking to sound like a certain artist for a certain song then just do a search online for "artist-name rig" and read about what amp and effects he/she commonly uses. Most profiles have the amp type and cab used in the description and you can "sort" the profiles by amp name.

Just get used to the weird acronyms they use for naming amps, like; Mars for Marshall amps, FAN for Fender Amps, Mebo for Mesa Boogie, Oranje for Orange (can't figure this one), etc.

BayouTexan Noted, on the weird acronyms! Much appreciated.

Hi all.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a "guide" to all the preset profile rigs that are included on the Kemper Profile Amp? Or, is the only way to get the sound you're looking for by trying them all out? Meaning, there are other websites out there that sell quality profiles under "packs" with named profiles to match. For example, these packs and profiles are appropriately named things like Slash pack and the actual profiler rigs make sense like: 87 Izzy, '87 Jungle, '87 Paradise, '91 Cln, '91 Illusion, '91 Illusion-Ld, '91 Izzy, '91 Knockin; etc.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a handy reference guide of included profiler rigs that are based off the sound of a professional artist that can help narrow down the massive amount of options?

Thank you all in advance.

As a new Kemper Profiler head user who couldn't be happier with the product so far - and since everyone has been extremely helpful with feedback - I figured it didn't hurt to ask two more basic questions after looking around the forum without locating answers:

1) I've primarily been using my Kemper Profiler head with headphones (which has sounded great). When switching between rigs, the rig volume continually goes back to the 12 o'clock position for the newest selected rig and blows out my ears! Is there any way to set a default system setting so when toggling between rigs it stays at a lower level?

2) (Much less important question) I've noticed on several YouTube kemper videos, guitarist have their Kemper Profiler head displaying this crazy light show; where all the lights on the Head are rotating through all the system lights - presumably for an onstage effect. Any tips on how to activate this?

Thank you! This was extremely helpful and I definitely don't want everything to sound like a Marshall. The goal of obtaining the Kemper Profiler Head was, for me, the complete opposite.

I will definitely look into the suggested powered studio monitors or a FRFR.

Thanks again!