Posts by Loafman3

My current Config is SPIDF to Focusrite. And USB to computer for Rig Manager. Running Pro tools. I updated to 9.0 . If I disconnect SPIDF I can see the signal on my track but cannot route it back thru my Focusrite to my monitors, Been Playing with Aggregate until I am blue in the face. I wipe my hands of this for now. Loosing too much playing time, VERY FRUSTRATING.

I am a pro tools user and I have yet to set it up correctly, I see the profiler but I can't activate the inputs in my DAW..

Currently have SPIDF to Focusrite. And USB to Computer. Been just recording thru SPIDF. Cant get everything talking on the USB though.

Yea I tried that a few Times. I may have to switch back to analog inputs to record anything. The SPDIF has been a cleaner alternative on the recording desk

I actually do not hear any guitar thru DAW, it appears to be straight thru monitors. I hear my tracks thru DAW and I can Record the guitar and hear it on playback. Very confusing.

Been doing the SPIDF Thing for a year. Using Pro Tools, 3rd Gen 8i6. As of yesterday. I no longer have the ability to listen to my guitar thru protools. I always hear the guitar, Like it is routed from Kemper straight to Monitors. I playback Protools thru monitors. It has to be something with Focusrite routing?

Currently I have Hardware inputs on Analogue 1-2 and SPDIF 1 And SPDIF 2. Software DAW Playback on , Playback 1-2 and Playback 5 and playback 6 ( SPDIF).

It used to be if I didn't have the green Input button activated on the pro tools track , then I couldn't hear the guitar. Something is screwed up and I can't google an answer for the Life of me.

;(

I may pull out some cables tonight. I was attempting with SPDIF. I spent an hour today with Sweetwater help line, they did remote and couldn't figure it out. It shouldn't matter if it is SPDIF or hard cables. I have something wrong in either pro tools or Focusrite, but so far tech can't figure it out

I have read the manual , watched too many videos. And cannot get the routing correct to re amp with Pro tools, and 8i6 . It has to be the set up between pro tools and 8i6.

I have never messed with the IO in pro tools before. I get the dreaded Feedback loop when trying to re amp.

I have Set up O 5 and 6 In pro tools to 5 and 6 on scarlette 8i6.

On the scarlette side Currently have Monitor Outputs 1-2, Custom Mix, Stereo, Analogue 1, analogue 2, SPDIF 1 and SPDIF 2.

Outputs 1-2 Playback 1, playback 2, (SPDIF) Playback 5-6

I am only using SPDIF, would it help to use another cable out of the Kemper?

I have read enough on the forum to know I will be crucified for this, but I have already read the manual, watched the video, The recording part works just fine.

I have put enough hours in on this that I am sure I will know what you guys are talking about as soon as I get a response. Thanks In advance

As far as I can see there is no software avail for the 2i2 for a Mac, they are plug and play,

yes sir my prob is routing the output of the Focusrite, I am sure I am getting looping feedback. I cannot find how to do that in pro tools with the 2i2. have done some work in the I/O in pro tools but not luck.

I did find out you cannot listen to the re-amp with the 2i2 because it only has the two line outputs in the back. So what I was attempting to do was record with the re amp. This whole issue goes away with the bigger Focusrite.

My purpose for the re amp was to demo diff amps with the same riff, but from what I have found out, if I am successful , then I would have to record and listen vs live preview, that kind of kills the 2i2 all together then.

I decided to try to re amp today, 2 hrs later,

I read the manual, watched a few videos and spoke to Kemper guy

Here is signal chain, Focusrite 2i2 ( No SPIDF), Pro Tools , Mac

Gtr - Input front of Kemper

Direct Output on Kemper to FR Input 1 ( Direct output set to GIT Studio)

Main output kemperBack Left - FR Input 2 ( Main output assigned to Master Mono, or stereo or left or right )

Line output 1 Left on FR to Return input on Back of Kemper

I set two tracks in pro tools, both mono, One for input 1( Should be dry), one for Input 2 ( Should be amped). Outputs on both tracks is Out 1-2

Listening with headphones on scarlet

Track one has dry signal

Track 2 has nothing

If I enable

1 and two on DAW , feedback in 2

Kemper headphones work

Cannot get the signal back into the Kemper, I checked with a speaker and there is a signal going in

If I change input source to front, I can record, dry and amped. Not With input on

Something to do with routing in pro tools? I bet all this goes away if I get SPIDF

Any ideas, been running pro tools over 10 yrs, and I am puzzled