Posts by MattyShredz

L1) So you profiles sounds good prior to the USB import?

2) Was it just importing profiles or updating to a new version? Why are you importing profiles via USB? Just bringing in profiles won;t change the sound, but updating "might" as I've found sometimes it changes filter settings

3) Do you have a backup prior importing to go back to the previous "settings"?

Thanks everyone!

I’m playing on an unpowered Kemper Rackmount ad factory profiles, some from the rig exchange, and some from tonecrate that I bought. It’s mostly high gain as I play tech death. I notice the digital/ choppy sound more on the higher pitch strings on higher frets. I do tweak the profiles on playing volume. It has this problem on my Friedman ASC12 FRFR cab and also on my studio monitors which are KRK Rokit 5’s. Because it’s having this issue on both speaker types I know it’s part of the Kemper itself.

I just used my Kemper formatted USB stick to import new profiles onto my Kemper. After that ALLLLLLLL of my profiles sound digital or like they have a low bit rate in a DAW if that makes sense. I have no idea how to make them sound normal again or where to start trouble shooting. Any ideas?

I just traded my Axe FX a few months ago which I loved for the Kemper because I’ve heard some killer tone from the Kemper. I just can’t get any tone I’m happy with so far. I’m trying to give it a few months before I decide on keeping it or getting another Axe FX. Any tips or help is appreciated.

I use a Friedman ASC-12. It’s a FRFR powered cab with 500watts RMS and made specifically for guitar modelers. The wood is birch like a regular guitar cab so it actually sounds more like a real cab but doesn’t interfere with the van selection of your profiles. I play technical death metal and jazz. The drummer hits loyal and hard and I have plenty volume to hear clearly without coming close to clipping. Best FRFR cab/speaker I’ve found. I used it with an Axe FX also and it’s great with both.
    https://friedmanamplification.com/monitors/asc-12