Posts by jsr2497

Thank you - this is very helpful! So the manual says always keep the Kemper Kone mode activated for monitoring, which i guess i'll do.

You are running the Kabinet in full range mode without an imprint.

The Kone On option is activating the DSP which adapts the EQ to compensate for the speaker’s character and make it a flat response.

Which means it's the "same" as the main output: amp, cab, speaker and mic as M Britt profiled it, right?

Last weird question: assuming there is a profile with a 1x12 cab with a celestion greenback. Choosing Pure Cabinet or the greenback speaker imprint would be almost the same thing?

Hi all,

Been happily enjoying my Kemper toaster w/ a Kemper Kabinet for a few years now. In digging through the menus and forums, i'm still quite confused about the nomenclature and function of some of the specifics regarding Cab/mic simulation vis a vis the Kabinet and speaker imprints.

Using this classic M Britt profile as an example, and without the kabinet activated, we are hearing a 74' Fender Champion, through a Switchback 2x12 cab with Celestion CL80 speakers, into a SM57. Right?

If I activate "Pure Cabinet", the Kemper will attempt to remove the SM57 from the equation, but keep the Amp + Cab the same?

And if I activate the Kabinet's "Cabinet Off" function - it removes the cab, speaker, and microphone from the original profile and replaces just the Cab + Speaker w/ the Kabinet + Speaker imprint?

Lastly, what does this setting achieve? (as in the picture)

Pure Cabinet: Off

Kemper Kone: Enabled
    Cabinet Off: Disabled

What is the Kemper Kone setting doing by itself?

It would be helpful if the Kemper instructional videos (which I watched) explained the interplay between these different settings better.

so i've been looking at some super reverb profiles from TJ and they get close, but don't have enough gain or sustain. They also don't respond to the volume knob the way I expect (the drop off is a little too sudden). From what I read somewhere, Derek actually almost never keeps his volume at 10, even when playing lead.

I haven't had any luck with the built in od/boost pedals yet but i'll keep experimenting.

Thanks - this was helpful. I also realized I was only looking at pg 2 of the Cab page. Page 1 would have let me select different cabs.

So just to ask the same question another way...

Why/when would I switch my Kabinet into imprint mode? Assuming I want the sound of a given profile to be as close to the designer's vision for it, i would stick to FRFR mode, right?

What is the difference between choosing a different Cab in the Rig vs choosing a different speaker in "imprint mode"?

The nomenclature is a bit confusing for me - doubly so because I am using a Kabinet/Kone with my powerhead. Using this free M Britt profile as an example, I see the rig has an Amp (Mars 50) and a cab (Guy Ton 212). However, if I click the "Cab" button on the profiler (or look in the editor), it is all greyed out and I have "global imprint" selected with a jensen speaker (which is a speaker, not a cab, right?)

I have tried both variations of Monitor Cab "Off" in my output menu but it's still not fully clear to me what the default is. If I want to use the M Britt profile the way he intended (with the Guy Ton 212), what do I need to do? I think another way of asking the same question is... how do I use my Kabinet like an FRFR and use the cab/imprints of the profiles the way they were originally created?

EDIT: I realize in the screenshot i've selected a dif rig but it's the same issue

I know this is a particularly tough one but haven't seen any good recommendations for a rig that gets his sound. I know it needs to be sensitive to the volume and tone knobs, since he's pretty much running straight in w/o pedals.

Has anyone profiled an Alessandro AZZ?

Some KIPR profiles seem to import into local library w/o issue, but some of my Top Jimi profiles can be imported for some reason. I tried the drag and drop from desktop, import in file menu, etc. Other profiles from TJ import w/o a problem

What could I be missing?