Posts by 0c0ae758d7281e05704547e2c7296ce2a385579a

Since when is this of your business? Mind your own.

And just to make sure you understand what I think of you ... your contribution/participation in the Kemper Profiler community equals 0 (zero) so far. It's almost like you registered here only to discuss non-Kemper stuff. So don't you tell me what I should and shouldn't do here! Thanks.

Considering my liked comment ratio seems to destroy yours, I would say that your comments are invaluable here. I don't really care what you think. Bye.

Can you send me your email address in private message so I can ask you for permission before I post my opinion on a topic of my choice on the forum? Very much appreciated.

Seriously, if you show no interest in the QC why do you feel the need to read about it? If I look up a forum for the didgeridoo, will I find your comments that you aren't interested?

I own 4 Profilers and I don't mind a single cent I've spent on them (plus some accessories).

But Neural DSP won't see a single cent of mine, ever! And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

They haven't yet sold/shipped a single unit to customers and already losing potential clients, well done, congratulations. :D

Then this thread is not for you. No one is forcing you to read about those who choose to own both.

In other words NDSP are beta testing via YouTube. That in itself would be a concern for some.

I get you are keen on this, but some things just don't add up.

Im not really that keen. I already bought one and it will go back if needed. Already have a Fractal, helix and kemper. Some people own tons of guitars and amps. I like modelers. He's actually just listening to the demand of the public and responding directly. I think it simply shows his dedication to the product. Its isn't beta at all is it deals with feature requests. Idea, design, build, POC, alpha test, loop, beta test, loop

NDSP will wake up quickly once people get the first devices. Forums will be filled with complains. If they don't have the resources to improve it quickly, QC will join the ranks of could-have-been devices like the Headrush.

In it's current form you cannot compare it to Helix, Kemper and Fractal. How long will it take before they fix bugs and add requested/missing features? Considering how long it took to bring the SOFTWARE out of "beta" I would say it will take a very long time.

Yes but any company can make a game changing firmware at any time. You are right though, this is a very hyped device but the prospects look good based solely on the capture videos. Come March we'll see what the general public has to say but the CEO is already building new firmware based on forum requests.

people also often forget that that these are all firmware solutions. All have been improved since they came out. So if you had any one of them 5 years ago, guess what , its not the same any more.

Back to the topic of the actual thread, QC will improve and may find themselves with a loyal pro following. They seem open to suggestions. Its a small company and the CEO is on the forums taking it all in.

Opinions are not bashing, you are getting something horribly wrong.

Exactly. All of the products are good and are pro level. No bashing. Its all about workflow and preference. The only comment made earlier (not by me) was that the Fractal was overpriced. There are many pros that use all of the top tier products.. How vendors choose to endorse their products is a completely different story. Not to mention, why aren't the bands you listed above using Kemper? Its a rhetorical question.

Exactly Christoph; well said mate.

So much misinformation out there due to the misunderstanding that bad sources inevitably result in bad Profiles, which of course is no fault of the KPA, only the creator / vendor.

Regardless, most of the debate has been re-sparked by the recent comparison QC videos and how the QC "seems" to get good results without the extra tweaking. The videos are already out there and that cannot be changed.

There is (way) more to a profile, than just the amp: the speaker, or combination of speakers, the microphone or combination of microphones, the placing of the microphones, pre-amp, mixing technique, other outboard gear (eq and what not), refining length and what is played. This is what separates the profiles from each other, not the guitar used in the refining process.

I understand that but left out the details. I should have included more of a description including amp settings, mics, positions....

The guitar is not part of the profiler equation. That means that the choice of the guitar does not affect the profiling result.

Refining is all about treating the reference amp with authentic playing dynamics.

This surprises me because there are so many different public profiles available and it takes me a while to find the ones I like. When I say this I am even speaking of the same model of amplifier/speaker. I would think that if someone is refining with a guitar with hot pickups and another is not then that would have a bearing on the profile. Pickup height included. Of course, I have no idea and it looks like I was mistaken all along. Thanks Christoph.

I'd like to get back to something said earlier.

When people are looking at a high end modeling amp (forgive my broad use of the term) what are they looking for?

If it is all about capturing their existing amp then consider this. Why capture the amp if you already have THAT tone?:

1. You want your load in/load out to be easier. Less room on stage, etc.
    2. You want several tones that no single amp can give you
    3. You want to rid yourself of your pedal board mess (again, see #1)
    4. You want to be able to play quietly and get your tone using studio monitors, or headphones

Great points made across the board. I would add that now that yet another modeler/profiler is on its way to market it is natural to compare. The web is full of commentary for Fractal, Line 6, Kemper, Headrush, THU comparisons..... Before the QC, there was arguably no other profiler on the market . (sure there were IR captures, eq and tone matchers) Now that there is direct competition, people just want to know. I am not looking for perfect and I am happy with the sounds of my Kemper but when the thought of being able to have a device that replaces a Fractal, Helix and Kemper in one shot that piques my interest.

btw, my purpose is purely for using third party profiles. I have several modelers and haven't used an amp at a gig in years.