Posts by rshred1

Thanks, but I'm playing through a guitar cab so I'm not worried about how authentic it will be. I just want to tweak the tone to my preference and I think that I'll prefer a tube power amp.

Burkhard,

You are correct I have no idea what I'm doing. Now it seems that my profiler is stuck to just one profile (I click on a new profile within the rig manager.. and it doesn't change on the KPA). So I think somehow I must have pressed the amp button while in global output section and somehow locked in just one profile. In rig manager I don't see anything locked.

Do you know how to get it to work correctly again. I was so wanting to do some compares between studio and merged profiles.. but now I'm just stuck using one profile.

I appreciate any quick responses that you guys can offer.

Thanks, Rshred1

Ok.. maybe I'm figuring it out.

I set that cab from within the global output section. So the MBritt cab was applying to everything because I also locked the output cab section after I set it to the Mbritt cab. I unlocked it now and it seems to be letting in the cabs from the other profiles.

I think it might be working. But if I'm wrong I'll respond to this post again.. ha ha.. I'm such a moron! :)

I might have some how figured it out. I found the default output section in the Kemper presets. I copied that to my output section.

Then I still couldn't get cabs to turn on. So I opened up a MBritt profile and had to press on Cab (to put it into edit mode). Then I selected a cab. Then the a cab was there. Now all my other profiles have cabs in them. So whatever I did.. i think it is working again.

I've probably messed something up.. I just can't stop noodling with the settings!!! OMG

Hello,

I'm fairly new to KPA. I run my non-powered KPA into a power amp and run in mono out to a 2X12 guitar cab. I think I might have screwed something up when I was messing around in rig manager. The only strange thing that I did was copy an Output section in from my rigs presets into the Output section in rig manager. Probably a dumb move, but it said it was a "Live with Guitar Cab" output section. It is dated from 2015 (so it is something old on my profiler's presets.

Anyway, Now I'm trying to play a profile through FRFR and non of my profiles have the cab available. I've went into the Output section and removed any "Monitor Cab off" buttons, but nothing seems to make the cab turn on again.

I have recently purchased some TJ profiles and I wanted to mess with them in FRFR to hear the actual cabs that came with the profile, but now I can't.

Can I easily get back to whatever the preset output section should be without refreshing my profile software. I was able to turn the cabs on and off via the Output section yesterday.. so the only thing I think messed it up was my copying in that "Live with Guitar Cab" output section from my profilers presets.

I hope this is an easy fix.

Thank you, Rshred1

Hello Folks,

I'm fairly new here and I'd like opinions on what delays to use with my current setup and future setup.

I'm running a KPA (non powered) with a QSC RMX 850 stereo SS power amp into my 2X12 V30 Friedman cab. Eventually I'm going to get two Kemper Kone Kabs and run stuff in stereo.

But for now I'm running mono into the 2x12.

I play 80s type metal (Dokken, Lynch, Yngwie, Racer X, Ratt) --- not saying I'm a good player.. just that is the type of music I like to play!! I usually like about 460 MS delay with just a few subtle repeats.

Anyway, For my current mono to real guitar cab experience. What delays do you recommend. I'm also not sure how to ensure that my delays are mono versus stereo (is there an easy way to ensure they are mono).

Thanks folks and I appreciate your future responses!

Rshred

Folks,

I'm sure that I could read a bunch of threads on this, but I figured that some wise Kemper elder would have the answer off the top of there head.

Here is question / scenario 1:

I'm at latest beta version on the KPA and rig manager (I believe that it updated just a couple of days ago).

I copied an older Friedman BE100 rig from one of Tim Owens famous friedman profiles. I'm running it with CABs off and through my 2X12 Friedman V30 real cab. I made a copy of the original profile. I then tweaked then used rig manager to change the delay and reverb.. for Delay i went with the Tape single preset and tweaked to taste. I'm not sure what I did for reverb.

Anyway, I made all of my changes and saved the profile over itself. I notice that the saved profile sounds odd to me.. so I turn the KPA off and shutdown Rig Manager. I reboot the KPA and then start Rig Manager. Now when I load up the copy of the Tim Owens BE profile (my copy) now the delay and reverb are back the original that I started with. What could be up with that?

Second Question:

I went ahead and started my tweaking session over.. pretty much doing the same as above. Finally get my Tape Delay to my liking.. then I swear that the sound of the delay started sounding kind of fake compared to what it started as. In scenario one I used the same delay and had a killer setting.. but i lost it... So back to this one. I removed the Grit from the delay.. i set the MS at about 460, feedback at 30ish.. and mix/volume at almost 50%. I removed Grit and also reduced flutter and jitter down to low values. The delay started sounding (this will sound stupid) but it sounded too wishy washy. But in a digital way. I also noticed this on some of MBrits profiles when I got the KPA a couple weeks ago.

With only using a tape delay and the legacy reverb is it possible that the Kemper is running out of memory???

By the way.. if any of you have a great delay and reverb preset made for killer 80's lead tones I'd appreciate you sharing the settings or giving me the preset.

Your help is much appreciated, Rshred1

Try recording your acoustic with a mic straight into DAW. Then try some profiles out to compare to to see if you like how the sound is. I like the sound of most acoustics just mic'd, and only like the amp to amplify the sound without coloring it.

Thanks Bayou Tex, but I'm not that sophisticated. I don't use a DAW, just a basement noodler! I have never used my Martin with anything other than a cheap fender acoustic amp of my friends, but I have seen people use their acoustics through PAs with some Brags (not sure if thats right) pre-amps and they sound killer. Just figured that I'd give that a try with my guitar.

Thanks

Hello Folks,

I want to plug my Martin acoustic guitar into the input of the kemper and then push it out through the left/right monitor outs into 2 FRFR powered monitors.

Is this a thing to do with the Kemper? If so, are there any profiles of real good acoustic preamps to use?

Thanks, Rshred

Hello ST.

Right after I posted that; I did a search (probably should have done that first)...

My master and monitor were set to mod mono.. I set them both to master mono. All works now... I knew it was something stupid on my part.

I took a big chance and traded my beloved Friedman Smallbox for a normal non-powered toaster. The guy also gave me a Headrush FR 112 and a set of JBL 305 mk iis. Plus he had a bunch of Mbrit and some TJ profile packs, so that was a bonus. He probably got the best part of the deal, but I just don't play loud anymore so I wanted to have something that if I wanted to play quietly I could and still get the full on master up on the amp.. so the Kemper seemed like a good option. Like I said, I have played around before with FRFR monitors and have never liked the mic'd cab sound for just noodling. Using it with the power amp into a guitar cab seems to be the right way to go for me. I've only played with the Kemper for maybe 3 separate times now, but I've learned a ton already. And I've found that for me the Kemper seems way easier to tweak and get good sounds out of versus my experience using a Helix in the past (what a pain to mess with all the parameters and speaker cab crap)..

Thanks again for the quick response.

Ralph

Hello Folks,

I'm new to the Kemper world.. Hello all! So my title kind of explains what is happening. I don't really care for FRFR sound in the room, so I purchased an older QSC RMX 850 stereo power amp. My first hour it was sounding terrible, but then I found that there was a clipping and low filter switch turned on the power amp and that was really killing my sound. So after I get past that sound dilemma the Kemper sound pretty sweet running through my Friedman 2X12 with V30s.. I can even run it without output high and low filters and it sounds pretty good (I didn't expect that).

Anyway, It seems that my reverbs and delays don't work anymore.

Here is how i have everything setup: Guitar ==> Kemper input.. then.... Kemper monitor out ==> channel One of the power amp ==> into speaker cab. Within master output section I set Cab to always be off. I set my monitor and master to be mono.

Why are my delays and reverbs not working anymore.. it has to be something simple.

Thanks folks, Ralph

PS: Moderators.. if I posted in the wrong section please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate one. Thanks