Posts by BH Guitar

From the mbritt faq: "Beginning with Kemper firmware 7.0, the file types of Kemper rigs changed from .kipr to .krig. To import .kipr files into a Kemper that is already updated to 7.0 or higher, you will need to import the files into your Rig Manager's "Local Library", which automatically converts the file type to .krig. You can then drag/copy onto your Kemper within Rig Manager."

I can import them to the local library in that format but then still get the error when I drag them to My Profiler. Thoughts?

I have imported both Britt and TJ rigs without issue and the past. I have not done an import in a while and have done updates on both my Stage and Rig Manager since. I cannot import the latest rigs I have purchased. I click on the file from TJ, unzip the file and then within my download folder, I drag the files to My Profiler under All Rigs. Anything that is .krig seems to import fine. Anything that is .kipr does not. The message I get is 'some items were ignored. This happens if the items are the wrong file type, entirely unknown files or damaged files. Is the issue the .kipr extension? I'm probably just doing something I shouldn't. Help! Thanks.

That OS doesn't have the Kemper Drive effect. Presets are meaningless without the corresponding software.

Please update to OS 8.0.6 release or even better to OS 8.1.2 beta. The adavntage is, OS 8.1 introduces the Kemper Fuzz effect and it is the first version managing the factory effect presets automatically. So, as soon as you upgrade to OS 8.1 you will find a complete and current set of factory effect presets. The corresponding Rig Manager is 3.2. You might need to select "beta" in Rig Manager preferences to make Rig Manager suggest and install these latest versions.

When I have my Kemper Stage turned on and have Rig Manager on, if I go under Rig Manager (I'm on an Apple) and hit Check for Software Updates, it goes from a black color to a gray color and nothing happens. I tried to do this yesterday and just tried again and got the same result. For some reason, it does not pull up a screen to check for software updates. Thoughts? Also, thanks so much for answering. Also, I do have the include beta versions button checked and my Mac O/S if needed is 10.13.6.

I attempted to download the beta version to get the new presets, had some issues, so I just grabbed the folder that said New Kemper Drive and OC presets and dragged it into rig manager under all Presets. When I go onto my Kemper and try to assign one of the new pedals to space A, for some reason, they are showing up in the menu between Phase Widener and Delay Widener, not up with the other distortion pedals. I have no idea what I did. Anyone? Thanks!

I see some videos on Youtube about the Full OC and Kemper Drive, but I don't seem to have them as choices. I should be on the most recent version, but maybe not. Are these still in Beta? How do I get them? Thanks!

I've been spending a lot of time going through the manual and watching videos on YouTube. I was hoping to gain some expertise from people on this forum that have been at this a while. I'm using the Kemper direct to a splitter box that sends one signal to my IEMs and then another to FOH. Just played our first live show and overall it was a positive experience, but need to keep working on things to improve. My questions/comments are:

1) I feel like I had the patches pretty well set in terms of volume and how they cut through the mix. I tested on both my IEMs and a powered monitor. Listening back to the recording of the show, I seem to have been all over the place in terms of where I was in the mix. No idea if that was my fault or the sound guys. How do you guys think about this and do you have any tips or tricks?

2) I get very different sounds for the same patch out of the headphone jack (using my IEMs) through using my IEMs with the wireless transmitter, and through a monitor. I'm pretty sure the setup in the output menu should be the same for all of these. Any thoughts?

Thanks, I appreciate all the help I have been getting through this forum.

Running through some last minute items before using the Stage live for the first time tomorrow. Our set up has us running all instruments through a splitter snake with one feed going to our IEMs and the other going to FOH. My first question is, should I be using the Left Main Out or does it matter? My second question is: Is there anything else I need to do inside of the Stage other than changing the Main Output to Main Mono? Thanks!

Are You sure it's not a Cable Fail?

Strangely enough, I went back this morning and tried again and there was no issue. It did something similar at band practice one time and I turned it off and back on again and then it was fine. I'm a newbie, so this could just be user error, but are these things fairly dependable once you are up and running? I use a Stage.

I do must of my Kemper tweaking through IEMs and then will plug from the main out into a powered monitor to make sure it will sound good going to FOH. Today, I am getting a very metallic sounding crackling noise coming out of the monitor. This has never happened before. Nothing has happened to the speaker since the last time I used it and I even went back to an old patch that I had used through the speaker before. Could this be a setting in the Kemper?

I will be using my Kemper Stage live for the first time this week. I have dialed in my sounds while using my in-ear monitors in the headphone jack and I have used it in practice going through the main outputs to our board and using my IEM system. Just wanted to verify that I don't need to do anything special in the setup of the Kemper, through cabs/output/anything else, in order to get decent sound coming out of the FOH speakers in the club. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have several slots within performances where I started with one Rig and then changed amps in the amplifier section to a different amp. In these cases, the main screen which shows the name of my performance, under the performance name shows the name of the original rig. I have named the performance and named the slot, but the old Rig name remains. What is the purpose of this info and why does it not change when I change the amp? Is there a way to rename it? Just to be clear, when I am in a performance and have chosen one of the slots 1-5, if you hit the exit button, it is the screen you end up at. The performance name is in a light box and just under it is the original rig name. Thoughts? Thanks!