Posts by METALHAWK

Hi guys! Thank you all for the responses. Everything was solved! Incredible what was happening:

Interested in a follow-up on this as I am having the same issues.

METALHAWK  hallyconn

Please get in touch with support through the contact form on our website. We'll run some tests with you.

1. After reading hallyconn was having the same issue I sent a message to Support. They answered about how to downgrade and also about considering that maybe the cables were not capable enough for the new updates (which is quite strange to me, since Kemper uses just a USB type B 2.0, and then I send it to a USB 3 in my computer).

2. Due to that advise, I tried swapping the cables between my interface and the Kemper, since both use the type B connector. To my SURPRISE, the thing CHANGED but NOT solved: Suddenly the freezing was not hapening anymore, but the Kemper took about 5-10 seconds to change the patches (in my local library).

3. After realizing that cables matter more than I believed, I ordered a classic Amazon UGREEN USB Type B 2.0 golden style which costs about 10 €. This cable DID NOT solve anything, in fact, it behaved with the very same total freezing stuff....

4. The stupid solution takes place now....

I CONNECTED THE KEMPER TO A 2.0 USB IN MY PC.... AND THAT WAS ENOUGH!

So, if you guys are connecting your Kemper to a USB 3.0 just remember that Kemper does not use 3.0 protocol, and MAYBE you can take the best results by connecting it to a USB 2.X port.

I hope this is helpful to you!!

Metalhawk.

Thank you for the replies. I have my Windows updated, and my cable has been working with zero issues all the time, but anyway, I will take that into account from now on.

I've been having the same issue. I'm in touch with support but no solution yet. I reverted to 8.7.20 for the time being and all works as expected.

Wow! Ok, please, if they give you some kind of solution would be very awesome sharing it here! I will downgrade too (I'm not so sure how to do that yet). If I don't manage to "repair" this by downgrading, I will also contact the support... Thank you!

Hi everybody!

I recently happily updated to the Profiler newest version (now "running" Rig Manager 3.4.32 and Profiler OS 9.0.5.45603) on my Windows 10. As I expected, the profiler audio device appeared in the Windows devices, but I did not managed to use it in Cakewalk with Asio4All. After a while I just decided to keep working as always (going through line to my Motu AudioExpress), as I am recording a new song and, right now, what I really need is working hard on it. What is the problem? I explain:

I am not able to use my Stage anymore, since I cannot load my patches from the Local Library (where I have all my stuff) in Rig Manager. I click in any Rig in my collection, and this take no effect on my Stage, in fact, it get locked and I cannot change ANY parameter o even turn it off!.

I have tried disabling the Profiler audio device from the Windows list, but this does not change anything.

Big trouble here. Any of you are experiencing this random thing on your Stage since the last update??

Thank you guys!

Tony

Hi everybody! I have finished my new EP and I would like to share with you my work. I really hope you enjoy it! ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards,

Tony

I think that preamp is connected to input 1 and 2. Try input 3 an 4 with TS-cable for that.

Well, I think I solved the problem. I didn't have properly configured the inputs on the RME (gain in the preamp and panning in both mono inputs), so you were probably right!. Now the comparison between the headphones with no Space effect and the sound through the interface is the very same, sounds really great (even better? :S:S). I have one more question: shoud affect what I have selected as Direct Out in the Ouput menu to what I send through the Main Output? I mean, I'm only using the Main Output (master stereo), but also had selected differents things for Direct Out and the others and now I turned them off cause I'm not using them, but anyway it shouldn't have affected to what I was hearing, right?.

Thanks! :)

i’m not sure as I have a PowerHead and haven’t used a Stage but there is no mention of it in the manual which covers both units. In the Head/Rack the Space tickbox only turns on/off the effect to the Main Outs as it is always on in the Headphones. Maybe someone else with a Stage can confirm this. What is the actual wording of the tickbox?

So, that has been modified in the Stage, here you can can see it's specific for headphones.

I just tried running the headphone out into my Apollo Twin 1 input, while having the normal Kemper output feed into input 2. I thought I heard a rather big difference between the two.

Wow, and which one is better or more accurate to you?

Headphone out is my favorite way to both record and run into my amp live.

When using the headphone out for recording, you would be sending only one stereo cable?. I notice the bigger difference with high gain profiles.

I don’t think you can turn the Space effect off on the headphone out. It is always active there but you can turn it on or off on the main out.

At least in the Stage you can untick the Space effect, which I guess means a complete deactivation.

Thank you guys, I'm quite newbie in terms of connections cause I have always worked direct to the interface using Bias, Amplitube, etc.

That is very interesting! I have changed that and yes, I can notice the feeling you say but it is still clearly the perfect sound of the rig. I mean, using the KPA's headphones output and Space effect OFF it is still clearly noticeable the difference between direct and through interface.

I think there is a preamp in your interface. Try to turn the preamp off and you’ll get the right tone.

I will check that but I'm almost sure it has no preamp activated before.

This could be a good solution to try :/:/

Thank you all guys! I will post further details if I make some improvements on this. Still open to other ideas :)

Hi people, this is my first question after a few weeks with my new and first Kemper (Stage). I've just discovered a "clear" difference on the sound of the Kemper between listening to it directly (headphones) and by passing it through my interface in order to listen to the full mix.

Durings these weeks I experienced a "good" sound coming from my Stage, but I knew that Kemper is quite more than "good". Something in the sound was not extremely high end. Today I tried to listen to the Kemper direct to my headphones and WOW, that was the sound I knew the Kemper has. It is richer and fuller. I have been trying about 20 times the headphones cable between the audio interface and the kemper and yes, the difference was clearly there.

I'm using a RME Babyface I (the blue one) and my headphones are the Beyer DT770 250 ohms. I am connecting the Kemper through 2 XLR cables to both line inputs on my RME. The signal has a correct volume and everything is ok, BUT the sound is not as awesome as it can gets ;(;(X(. The cables are the typical cheap ones from Thomann that costs about 6 or 7 € each.

I hope you can help me! What could I do. Thank you guys.

PD: this Babyface has not SPDIF :rolleyes:. Is there a way to send from the SPDIF to the ADAT without losing info?

Hello!. I am Metalhawk on YouTube (Tony in the real world) and I received yesterday my very first Kemper (Stage) and I hope to find here all the help I need!, because I can imagine it will be a tough (and sweet) way until I can manage the Kemper properly. See you in the forum!

Tony.

PD: I share one of my videos so you can know my stuff:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.