Posts by AshRenno92

Would be good to know if you've had any results from the advice or if you're still in a dark cloud about the Kemper and unable to get a great sound.

I feel bad that my bass tone is so simple to dial in without needing extra hardware.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve since been using an orange head for the bass as I’ve been unable to get any decent sounds out of the Kemper. Everything sounds 2D and blanket type. Fuzz pedals sound like a mild overdrive and other pedals just don’t work the same into the Kemper.

Taking pedals out and just focusing on built in effects and straight up clean tones, it still sounds flat, 2D and not alive and full like I’ve heard other people say. I’ve used other cabinets to see if it was a cab issue and passive / active basses to work out what the Kemper issue could be.

I’ve purchased profiles for both guitar and bass and it still sounds the same. I’ve never had an issue with any other amp I’ve used, borrowed, purchased and toured with. Straight up tones and room filling crushing sound.

Kemper sounds like a toy compared to these. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Another ticket was raised yesterday and advised to do init global reset. No change to the sound.

To add to this comment

I’ve got the same Ampeg profile on two channels. Same settings throughout.

One patch 1 pedals sound awful but clean sounds great. Patch 2 pedals sound alright but clean sounds awful.

How can this be with the case with the exact same settings, same amp profile etc ? Surely that’s an issue with the Kemper directly ?

Hi Kemper forum

So I’ve had the Kemper for a few years and not got on with it. Done posts before about it sounding like a blanket etc.

I’ve been using an orange terror 500 head into orange obc115 and with pedals. It’s been absolutely killing the Kemper. I lent the orange TB500 to a friend for a gig and it’s been damaged so whilst it’s in repair I need to use the Kemper for a run of gigs I have.

Put it on today, updated to the latest software etc.

Put on Darkglass Alpha Omicron and other pedals and it sounds naff through the Kemper. I cannot get a good sound out of it. Which seemingly is my issue.

Factory reset seems the best option and go again ? I can’t win with the Kemper and having it as a backup amp seems ridiculous but it’s the only option I’ve got for now.

Any advice around this ? I know I’ll loose my rigs on the Kemper but have these saved as Krig in a folder on the laptop.

The behaviour was different in older versions but if you run a recent version and follow the above mentioned process and still encounter an issue please open a ticket at the Kemper website for further support.

I’ve reported this issue on multiple occasions and got absolutely nowhere. The support is really poor from Kemper.

to paste or drop any rigs into the slots of a performance the Profiler needs to be in Performance mode and the performance in Rig Manager that you want to edit needs to be loaded into the Profiler. The headphone symbol next to the performance name in Rig Manager appears if the performance is currently loaded into the Profiler.

I’m well aware of how it works as I’ve used it for two years but it now no longer works. It isn’t good enough for an amp of this caliber to have software that doesn’t work.

Tbh I love the Kemper. It’s served me fine for two years, touring, recording etc but that was using guitar and guitar profiles.

Recently I’ve downloaded 3rd party profiles. Tone junkie Mbritt etc and KPA won’t accept it. They are the .krig type but won’t download.

I’ve been into rig exchange and dragged profiles into my KPA, these won’t copy & paste / drag into performance mode.

Computer wise I’m using windows 10 (updated to latest software) and connecting via USB. It registers the connection as I can see all the previous downloaded profiles and live performance profile settings. RM and KPA updated in the last two weeks to the latest software.

I had a thread open but the admin closed it down and sent me a warning message so I can’t win.

Monitoring wise

Shure PSM300 IEM

Orange 1x15 cab

Bose FOH system

Focusrite into DAW

RM doesn’t work at all. I’ve had the Kemper for a few years now. Nothing works. Doesn’t copy & paste, can’t download packs I’ve brought and can’t drag it over either. So I was utterly fed up with the rubbish software that can be used with the Kemper. I’m using the latest version and KPA is also up to date.

I’ve used the effects from the front of the amp and nothing sound a good with bass. Fine with guitar but poor with bass.

The pedals sound so muffled almost like a blanket is in front of the amp. The PP is so poor on Kemper. I’ve used pedals on normal amps and they work fine but those amps aren’t mine.

I’m getting to the point of selling the KPA. It’s average at best.

Hi there

I purchased some pedals to use for my bass rig as I can’t get the RM to work.

But

they don’t sound great going into the Kemper.

So my signal chain is

EMBB SS - TU3 - Micro Pog - DG VMT - DG AOmicron - MXR Phase 90 - Bass Clone - KPA (into Orange 1x15cab)

I’m using an Ampeg SVT rig set fairly flat and the onboard preamp is flat.

The VMT sounds like a very light overdrive and the alpha omicron doesn’t change sound no matter what setting. A / O. I’ve either got a dodgy one or I’m doing some drastically wrong.

I haven’t had long to mess around and different patterns but I’m thinking of putting the DG in front, pog after, then modulation and tuner last for a more direct OD

any advice ?

Thank you

ash

When you say “Windows will only allow 1 application to be open” it sounds as though you might be trying to o-en Rig Manager twoce rather than a second window in Rig Manager. Go to a folder on the left sidebar of RM and right click. The drop down menu will include an option for ‘open in new window” select this and you should be fine.

This method doesn’t work either. I can’t drag or copy and paste. Never had this issue before.

Sorry to jump onto this thread and ask a question

I can no longer copy & paste from RE into Performance. KPA and RM are updated to the latest software.

Thank you

Hi KPA,

i've recently got a EMBB Stingray bass and noticed that the output button is going red.

Nothing is affecting the sound, no clipping or farting noises but its the first ive noticed of this. It doesnt happen when i run my guitar set up through or my passive P bass.

My set up is EBMM - Kemper - Orange 1x15 Cab (also send one main output of KPA into Shure IEM and the other MO to FOH)

i use a Shure GLXD Wireless set to -6db.

Ive lowered the clean sens on the input to -6db. Dist sens is 0db but i mainly play clean. The input was going red on the lower notes before this.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

As long yo don’t really crank the power amp would think you will be fine. Keep an eye on the power output meter initially to male sure.

I’m sure some “proper” bass players will chin with some more specific recommendations regarding tone.

wwittman uses the kemper on stage for bass wwith Cyndi Lauper so it would be good to hear his input.

thank you for your help today. Any bass players who can offer advice, positive comments about profiles etc would be great.

A lot depends on genre and the type of tone you are after. I am mainly a guitarist too but I did play bass in 10 piece soul band for 12 years. My rig then was an EVO500 Ashdown head and Ampeg 808HE cabinet. Since getting the Kemper I have only done one bass gig using a Power Head and the Ampeg cab. I used a factory content profile but can’t remember which one and it sounded awesome.

Basically my only advice is find a great profile that works for you and don’t over think it thereafter.

thank you for your reply. I tend to play indie / alternative with artists such as Kasabian, Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Idles. I play with a pick and use an American P Bass.

I use an orange 2x12 for my guitar rig and it’s brilliant so would like to stay within similar areas.
    i have a knackered back so looking for something small and not too heavy which is what the OBC115 stands out for me. Just so long as the wattage difference won’t be an issue. It’ll probably never get above 1/2 volume.

Hi,

I am looking at getting an Orange OBC115, 400 Watt 8ohm cabinet to use with my Kemper PH.

From what i can understand with Ohm rating, the 600watt PH will have no issues with the 400watt 8ohm speakers. I will be going into the FOH along with using a cabinet.

I play with a pick and mainly clean, a hint of breakup added for certain songs.

I am usually a guitarist but getting an old band project back together and getting back on the bass.

Any tips, tricks, advice for using the Kemper with a bass would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ash

Hey KPA.

I’d like to use the Kabinet alongside my Orange 2x12.

Is this possible with the different OHM ratings ?

Would I need anything specific to do so ?

could I use the Kabinet out of the Monitor out and then keeping the Orange out of the speaker out ?

Do you have a High Cut on in the Output options or an EQ?

If not, maybe you're just using a profile that doesn't pair well with your speakers? Like maybe using humbuckers with a profile created based on single coils. You could try turning Definition up a bit, or just treble/presence.

I don’t have a high cut in master menu or EQ. I’ve messed around with it and the low cut but found it didn’t really do anything.

I mainly use single coils so have been specifically using profiles for that.

I will have a look at the definition control and see how it sits. Thank you