Posts by ejanuska

It was recorded before I bought the Kemper Profiler. So expect inferior tones:P

It's on all major streaming platforms in the US and EU, some in Asia.

Artist: Man of Reason

Album: Apotropaic Undertones

Here is the Spotify link

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I would shill Indonesian Squires if they were willing to pay. Slash knows how to pay the bills, by selling his brand. If Kemper started paying big artists to promote the brand, profilers they would cost a lot more. So it's fine with me.

I love my kabinet but I think it would be overkill in your closed environment.

Silly question, but if you are only playing at home in a studio like environment, why not stick with headphones? No issues with volume for the Neighbours...

I have HS7's and never use them as I use my headphones :)

Headphones. Another cable dangling around getting tangled up in the guitar. I'm tied by the head to a piece of gear. My headphones are comfortable, but I still would rather not wear them.

I have an amp that is a one off from a one-man operation. I haven't profiled yet. My DI should be here anyway now and I'm still testing different mic configurations and placements.

I'll be putting up the profiles as soon as they're done.

I think that comes later with experience. It feels easier just to by another new piece of gear then actually thinking in therms of acoustics. Also probably many other guys dont have dedicated room for home studio (me included)

There are solutions like wall panels or traps that stand on the floor. Just never ever ever ever get foam.

ok ok..I got You!

You don't care about the demo You just need profiles

just uploaded on RE

Ha ha.

Yeah, we just want the profiles because 17000 profiles isn't ever enough.^^

Nice sounding profiles.

I have monitors, and an assortment of other options, like powered stage monitors, cabs, etc. I'm also a bedroom player. I use my monitors, JBL 308, more than anything else. HS7 or similar is fine.

My room is treated with bass trap panels and I always recommend spending as much on room treatments as monitors, mics, or other gear. It really makes the biggest improvement IMO.

Oh, I forgot there was a Windows 8. I honestly don't know if it works on 8 or not.

But I was only talking about the current gear, not future gear - my current rig isn't fully compatible with Windows 10. Which means I can't buy a new computer and expect it to work.

Rig Manager runs on Win 8 and up.

What isn't compatible with Win 10 in your rig?

I just saw this Synergy amp collection system that uses pre-amps by various boutique manufacturers. The system is promoted by S. Vai in the ad I saw.

You basically have to buy a SYN-1 or SYN-2, and a preamp module, and a power amp section, and a cab. Or a power section combo and pair it with a preamp.

I was impressed by the manufactures that were on board, but seems kind of pricey. $1500 for a 1x12" 30W combo and you still need a $400 pre-amp to make it work.

Does anyone else find this kind of ridiculous?

I might be on the KPA fanboy train here, but I just can't see how anyone would buy into this system.

I had to really think about who inspired me to play.

Turns out it was John Denver, Hee Haw, and Jim Croce. I didn't even hear Hendrix until I was in middle school, and he has been dead for over ten years. Growing up without an FM radio was a real pisser.

I'm more of a songwriter then guitar wizard.

I'm also in the market for a 3U or 4U case for my rack KPA. Maybe even a 5U so I can put some storage drawer or whatever.

I looked at a few brands like SKB and Gator but nothing really stood out.

I would like to see this demoed in a video. Interesting.

My first guess is a bad cable.

Are you using an instrument cable from the KPA to the cab? Or a speaker cable? Should be speaker cable.

Is that cable good? Can you try another?

Funny thing is that the manual doesn't specify what kind of cable to use. Is one included with a powered KPA? IDK, mines not powered.

Second, is that cab good? Is a speaker failing? Can you try something else?

If the cable is intermittent or just attenuating the signal the KPA is not going to like that because it's going to act like a flakely load and amps don't like loads that don't behave. My guess is the KPA is shutting down because it's sensing something wrong with your cable or cab, not the KPA.

With a solid state amp if it dies you'll know, it will quit for good. This looks like its trying to save itself.

One more question, does it work for a long time at low volume low gain? If so I would say my original diagnosis is even more solid. When the power is too much for a bad cable it breaks down and fails from heat. When it cools it might look good again.