Posts by ejanuska

My understanding is in performance mode you save rigs in slots for the performance. Maybe you mean slot but you are saying snapshots.

I would suggest copying by holding Rig for a couple seconds in browser mode, then switch to performance mode and paste it in the slot by holding rig button again. See manual pg 248

Don't forget to save the performance

I'm so different in this sense. I would rather just jump to another rig then do a bunch of tweaking. Kind of like a preset junkie. I understand how all the adjustments work, I just don't want to fiddle around, I just want to get back to playing.

I am curious when OP finds a good setup do you save it as a new rig, or rewrite over the original and rename it?

Don't forget to backup.

I've been reading this conversation and I have a comment. But let me say I have some rock experience playing out, not a ton. None in very large venues.

I thought the point of the Kone, powered or not, was to serve two main functions. There maybe more, these two stick out.

1. Practice in a jam session or bedroom with great sound

2. Act as a monitor for guitar player in a large or louder session while the KPA feeds front of house.

I would never expect a 12" speaker fed by a solid state box to accommodate anything much bigger than a medium sized bar type venue. Of course nobody is going to mic a Kone cab, that's why we have the KPA in the first place, to either feed a Kone, or PA or both. I wouldn't consider buying multiple Kones, it seems redundant and unnecessary.

So am I thinking correctly here or what?

If you can't hear yourself at practice in a metal band why not just feed the KPA into the mains with the vocalist? You don't have to put it all in, just enough.

I just wanted to add that I've had the KP for a few weeks only. I came for the amp profiles but I was really blown away by the effects in quality and quantity. Now that these new fuzz boxes have been added its just unbelievable. For a ten year old design that is still supported its just unheard of these days.

I get the discussion about backing off the volume to lay off the fuzz, but if its that big of a deal, why not just put your fuzz in front of the KP and do your thing?

Here after I made a feature request for a "Guitar Only" filter. So obviously that's what I would like. If adding rigs to favorites was the best way, why have a "Just Bass" or any other filter for that matter? The point is I'm browsing, and I KNOW what's in my favs. I want to find some new mojo in the hundreds of rigs I downloaded, and I don't want to browse bass rigs if I'm holding a strat.

Rig Manager 3.2 is required for OS 8.1.0

Checking for updates in Rig Manager states "Software is up to date", but I'm running Rig Manger 3.1.62

Of course I'm still running OS 8.0.6 on the profiler.

The Download page doesn't list Rig Manager 3.2 as a selection.

It's just a beta so I'm not freaking out, but what is the trick to get these updates?

You can view All RIgs, Last Imported, Favorites and all the other choices. But I have a bunch of Bass rigs that I just don't want to see when browsing guitar rigs.

Why not a "Just Guitar" selection?

I saw in the beta notes that there will be an "Acoustic Only" selection.

Jarkre I know what you mean. I still have the old MixControl software. I use it in the most basic way for setting input routing. Beyond that I haven’t a clue how to use it ?

The trick for me was to realize that he main display with the "fader" style adjustments is only for adjusting input levels for what ever output you have selected on the left. The column on the left is just for outputs from the FR to external gear like monitors, outboard stuff, reamping , etc.

Each output can have any combination of inputs feeding it.

It's very flexible, but not very intuitive at first.

So I didn't see some of the 8.0 amps and cabs on my profiler, so I attempted to copy them by dragging from the Preset Pack->Kemper Factory Content 8.0 folder, to MyProfiler. I got the window that said "0 of 42 copied..." stating they were on the profiler. Then it proceeded to copy them.

Why tell me it isn't going to copy, then copy anyway? Why tell me the cabs were on the profiler already when they were not?

So now I have 338 items in the Preset Pack->Kemper Factory Content 8.0 folder

And 310 items in MyProfiler

So I have 28 items I'm not even sure are on the profiler, what they are, or how to get them there without generating 310 duplicates.

Funny how I now have a bunch of duplicates. Not impressed with this operation.

The duplicates show up on the profiler, but not in the rig exchange. So I have to delete all the duplicates manually.

If anyone has any idea how I should have gone about this to prevent all these duplicate effects, I'm all ears.

I think I figured how to fix it. I just dumped the Kemper Factory Content 8.0 into My Profiler.

Why didn't that happen automatically when I did the update is strange, but I suppose not everyone wants them all.

Is the Tim Bass supposed to be Timmy? The name mangling is always so awkward.

I’m on a Mac so i don’t think there are drivers. I didn’t even think to ask what it did.

I was reading this thread thinking could it be the interface? Nah. But cables, DAW and all the other attempts sounded even more far-fetched. I thought for sure it was some cab or stack thing, or setting in the KP. I have a couple Focusrite interfaces and they have been good to me. I've had to do a factory reset when the left channel stopped working, but otherwise OK. The sound clarity issue OP had is seriously making me consider getting another interface. Makes me wonder when something like that is going to ruin a take or a session. Also, I have to agree with the Focusrite Control software, so bad.